Quickfire Pump n Dump

• @ScouseSte

You seem to have documented evidence this time, maybe worth sharing with FI? Seriously doubt this is new trader ignorance, they don't tend to start with 300 buys and sells. I thought FI were trying to stop this kind of collaborative behaviour? I just wish they would get rid of the trending list and the ticker.

• @Long-Haul-Col said in Quickfire Pump n Dump:

I thought that FI were supposed to be on top of this market manipulation.

My understanding was that FI would suspend accounts then close them should it be proved that investors were acting to artificially inflate the price of a player then sell and walk away with the profit.

I remember them closing the account of a huge investor for exactly this reason.

Why are they not looking into this because its getting frustrating for the rest of us and will put off new users who will end up getting burnt by these shyster's.

I was typing my response at the same time as you. Fully agree!

• @Martyn-B
    Whilst I am a BIG fan of getting rid of the ticker, we wouldn't have found out about this without the ticker.
    Sad indeed.

• @DANFI

Have you seen this thread and care to comment or take action?

• @MrWh1te said in Quickfire Pump n Dump:

@Martyn-B
    Whilst I am a BIG fan of getting rid of the ticker, we wouldn't have found out about this without the ticker.
    Sad indeed.

Why would you want rid of the ticker?

• @Advinculas-Index It is used by many on twitter, facebook and now even here, to laugh at and insult seemingly 'bad trades' and is used to humiliate people.

• Harry C has been at it for a while, There is a few similar names, that do it regular, personally id be mortified if they got rid of the ticker harry c an co have made me most of my profit recently, all you have to do is wait for him to make his move an get on board!.. Why anyone would complain at the chance of free money is beyond me, beats hours of research only to realise everyones already beat you too it....

• @Advinculas-Index

Personally I feel the ticker is open to the above type of exploitation. New user xyz may follow the ticker and jump on board and shortly be left wondering what the hell just happened.

Also only tells half of the story as we do not know which players have been added or removed from sell lists. I feel it should be all or nothing, full details of all players sold, sell listed or removed or none of it.

The trending list is just a pump and dump billboard!!

• @Ole-ole said in Quickfire Pump n Dump:

Harry C has been at it for a while, There is a few similar names, that do it regular, personally id be mortified if they got rid of the ticker harry c an co have made me most of my profit recently, all you have to do is wait for him to make his move an get on board!.. Why anyone would complain at the chance of free money is beyond me, beats hours of research only to realise everyones already beat you too it....

Congratulations on making easy money but a pretty cynical strategy!! One day you might be left holding the unsellable asset. It's your decision and risk but one I would rather try and protect new users from.

One day FI may take action against these team efforts, if you regularly join in you may inadvertently be part of the team and face the consequences. Worth the risk?

• @MrWh1te 70% of those traders on twitter are complete bullshit artists who lie about how much they've made in x months akin to who has the biggest dick. If they told me the sky was blue I'd look up to check first.

Laughing at others is just another way to look important. The good guys don't need to do that. Avoid the ones who do

• @Martyn-B .. I agree completely, its not ideal long term, nor is it the reason I signed up for FI, but I began watching the ticker to gain insight into what others were buying really, but noticed this Harry C repeating the same thing on a regular basis, and rightly or wrongly if you buy when he buys, 30 seconds later its up 10p, you sell, he sells..he will do this with 3 people at a time all 25-30p with a 1p spread.. for me, I see no wrong in getting onboard a rise and getting out when I know its gonna drop.. The only thing I cant understand is how they can make any money from doing it, I cant get my head around why they do it...

• @Munchie63 It is happening here too, on a fairly regular basis now.

• @Ole-ole

Glad you are getting involved with your eyes wide open and an exit strategy in place. New users won't be so savvy and a pretty sour experience if this is one of your first trades. I have no idea how the instigators make their money!

I thought long and heard about joining FI as I listen to TalkSport daily. After 6 weeks of thinking about it I took the plunge with a £1000 deposit and a mental shopping list of young players, loan players and injured players. My very first purchase was then an impulse buy off of the trending list, Spurs back up keeper when Lloris was having a bad patch and I thought that was a great punt. Eventually sold at a small loss. My considered picks were spot on and I shouldn't have deviated from my list.

Trending list seems to hold no true purpose or value and just advertises the very worst aspect of FI.

• @MrWh1te I like a chuckle at some of the outrageous predictions, but end of the day its That traders money, not mine. Nowt to do with me

taking cheap shots is not clever. Who's to say in 12-18mths that player hasnt moved clubs, improved form etc and risen nicely

• @Martyn-B .. Almost the exact same thing happened with me, I just love all things football, it seemed a safer option than regular betting.. I wanted to buy Young players or transfer targets, but inevitably got bowled away by the trending list aswel, and got stung, I haven't quite figured out just how that works either, so don't trust that now..Im only a couple months in myself, so still very new, I find it all a bit overwhelming still if im honest, so when I see Harry c its refreshing haha..

• @ScouseSte this happens on a daily basis, normally 4 or 5 of them at it, always pick a low cost 1p spread player. I started a thread last week to warn new users because that's who they are relying on to jump in because they drive that player onto the trending list. We all love the dark green price flash seeing that player rising and to someone who doesn't know better will get caught out. They are doing this in teams I think or its one person that keeps changing his name as he buys 300 chunks.
    The conclusion we came to on the last thread would be to remove the trending list. But you would still see them going through on the ticker. Maybe as it has been mentioned before that a pinned thread needs adding with a bold type heading warning new users.

• @Jonah said in Quickfire Pump n Dump:

@ScouseSte this happens on a daily basis, normally 4 or 5 of them at it, always pick a low cost 1p spread player. I started a thread last week to warn new users because that's who they are relying on to jump in because they drive that player onto the trending list. We all love the dark green price flash seeing that player rising and to someone who doesn't know better will get caught out. They are doing this in teams I think or its one person that keeps changing his name as he buys 300 chunks.
    The conclusion we came to on the last thread would be to remove the trending list. But you would still see them going through on the ticker. Maybe as it has been mentioned before that a pinned thread needs adding with a bold type heading warning new users.

A list with some of the common targets could be useful to new users as some crop up again and again. I've lost count of the times I've seen Amro Tarek pumped and dumped.

When I first joined I also purchased a rather unfortunate holding in Zidane from the trending list. He lost 50% of his value within 10 minutes of me buying him but thankfully I'd only bought £8 worth!

• @Alpilgrim yep I watched that one happen I was quite new to the index when I saw this, he's a keeper I think but luckily I didn't bite. Pretty shit way to play it but where there's money to be made. I've thought of next time I see it happening I will try and get in low and sell out underneath them but risky business.

• @Alpilgrim another thing is fi won't give two shits cos they are making out of it also. But in the long run it could discourage people that are just starting out so also a negative for fi.

• @Jonah said in Quickfire Pump n Dump:

@Alpilgrim another thing is fi won't give two shits cos they are making out of it also. But in the long run it could discourage people that are just starting out so also a negative for fi.

They need to give 2 shits cos stuff like this looks suspiciously like money laundering. If not then its a group acting together to manipulate the market which is against their own ts and cs. If they don't get their act together on things like this sooner or later they'll end up under investigation.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.