Injured players thread

• @Chickenman Dortmund lost, but managed 75% possession and over 750 passes. It was solely poor finishing today

• @Munchie63 Yeah. I didn't see the game... Just trying to pump my hold πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ gotta get caught out occassionaly

• @Chickenman I'm holding Witsel. Not sure what the injury is, but I'd expect him to get back in the side soon as he is fit.

• Another one to get on, Laporte big drop after his injury today

• @HPcoys thoughts on when the best time is to get on the injured players/do they bottom out fairly quick or keep dropping

• @HPcoys depends on severity of injury I'd say. Once more news comes through if it's bad could drop off more or if it's a short term thing price will pick up.

It's the gamble to get on before or wait for the news with Laporte, rest of the season could be written off if it's a bad one

• @Snrub it doesn't look short term injury. do u think its worth taking the risk or is the downside bigger than the upside

• @Jdog I'd say he will almost certainly come back at a higher price than he was and he'll definitely rise from where he is now. The judgement is just when the price has bottomed out and if he's out out for 6months+ then your money could be tied up for a long time waiting for the return

• Kevin Stoger 55p (Fortuna Dusseldorf) has been out since May with a torn cruciate, he's an important player for them so surely will see a rise towards his return date in a couple of months - November is the listed return date.

• Martial now 2.99.

• @Tom77 how long is martial out for? what's interesting in Martials injury is the price graph. In the past we always saw a sharp drop followed by a steady rise. With martial we have seen a sharp drop followed by a slow decrease. I wonder whether this is a change in injured player purchasing. Any thoughts?

• @NewUser731 said in Injured players thread:

@Tom77 how long is martial out for? what's interesting in Martials injury is the price graph. In the past we always saw a sharp drop followed by a steady rise. With martial we have seen a sharp drop followed by a slow decrease. I wonder whether this is a change in injured player purchasing. Any thoughts?

Until West Ham but Arsenal will be in Ole’s thoughts for sure - thats 11 days and on TV.
    Dropping after the injury and then more dropping due to the kids and europa.

A nice goal on TV and he rockets, it happens every time......

• @NewUser731 There absolutely is a change - just don't think people want to leave money in players for a steady rise anymore when they can use it to earn more elsewhere in the market. Sane and Asensio are 2 others that haven't really seen a steady rise since their injuries.

• @janner73 also they aren't dropping so far in the first instance. I still think this is done to the enormous spread that gets slapped on them by FI once they see someone is injured. presumably the slow steady decrease is then people trying to market sell with no success?

• @NewUser731 Quite possibly - like any edge someone finds in a market it was never going to last forever. Once too many people become aware of that edge it's no longer an edge which is why I know the current IPD flipping wont last forever because too many people will go to that area of the market and the profit margins and edge disappear.

• @janner73 I'll have to track this I think. Maybe buying in on the first dip isn't the best time now. Interesting to see mason mount rebounded pretty quickly-not one I bought into.

• @NewUser731 Mount bounced because the injury isn't that bad I believe - think he might even have a chance of making this weekend.

• @janner73 Ben Dinnery on twitter said he personally can't see it happen this weekend. However, it seems Mount's injury isn't bad at all

• Genuine cracker this one.......Clement Depres

• 24 years old
    • Number 9 for nimes (Ligue 1)
    • French
    • 23p
    • 2p spread
    • Due back in the next month or two from an ACL injury.

Just started to get goal scoring form before the injury back in Jan 19, Nimes have high hopes for him and could be thier main man again if the comeback is successful.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.