My first month on the index

• Its got my love back for European football, i always use to love to follow different teams. I love checking how my players are getting on. Mainly investing in french and German leagues as prices seem better than the premier league .

First month made 5% profit.

Biggest mistake selling players far too quickly.

My main aim is to get 25 shares on players on a range of players who should do well in the euros such as sancho, cengiz under, Insigne etc. Any more you reccomend?

Do you think the market will rise a lot during the Euros?

• Sounds like you've done well. I wouldn't say selling too early is a mistake though as long as you sell for profit then that's good!

I'm guilty of holding too long rather than selling and getting the profit in the bank. Ayoze perez for example, bought at 0.89 and he peaked at 1.44 and I carried on holding and hes now sat at 0.98... annoying but he will see a spike at some point which will probably be my exit point.

In terms of Euros I'd be thinking along the lines of; Mbappe, Sterling, Werner, Griezmann, Ronaldo for guaranteed CA then looking at outsiders such as Alcacer, Jota, Morata, Immobile who are cheaper options but could offer great returns if they turn up.

• I’ve been here just over a week. Really enjoying the index so far and already learning lots. I’m with you on my biggest mistake, selling players to quickly and losing money on them. Also getting carried away with players who seem to be rising suddenly, then they drop back down. Enjoying it though and it’s all a learning curve.

• That’s the most important thing for a new trader to get right whether it’s on FI or elsewhere.
    Do not chase a riser unless you’re as sure as you can be that that player is really worth their revised price, in which case you should have been on at the cheaper price before the event that’s caused the rise. Chasing a rise is just a weakness.

• Yes that makes sense. Seems like the key here is research and lots of it! Enjoying reading the forums, getting lots of good advice and tips. Although quickly learnt you can’t trust everything you read on here!

• Same scenario - been here a month, 5% up. Only frustration is the IPO situation but i'm sure everyone is in the same boat! Really interesting to pick up on the trends and see others opinions on the fluctuations too.

• I think the thing I’m finding most confusing at the moment is why some players suddenly sky rocket for seemingly no reason. Where do people get the info from to make them invest in a player?

Often there is s good reason for it, but some players it seems inexplicable.

• @Deej.11 said in My first month on the index:

I'm guilty of holding too long rather than selling and getting the profit in the bank. Ayoze perez for example, bought at 0.89 and he peaked at 1.44 and I carried on holding and hes now sat at 0.98... annoying but he will see a spike at some point which will probably be my exit point.

That point will come in the new year, he always has a purple patch in the last 1/2 - 3rd of the season. I can provide you with the stats if you want (NUFC fan for my sins).

I bought him last season in Jan and sold just prior to his move to Leicester. Will be watching his price come the new year to determine if it's worth jumping back on or not

• @NewUser411609
    Sancho (I hold)
    Mbappe of course (I hold)
    Paco Alcacer
    VVD (I hold)
    De Jong
    Sterling
    Kane
    Griezmann
    Mason Mount (I hold)
    Trent AA (assist king)
    Felix
    Foden (if he's in the squad will rise, I hold)
    Insigne
    Maybe Bog Pogba who knows
    Few others too.
    Those I'd recommend!
    Good luck!
    Messi and Neymar may have had their drops but PBs will be dominated by them this season, I'd predict. Both good holds.
    Other players, you can keep flicking if you feel it's the right move.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.