Mason Greenwood- Time To Deliver?

• @Ericali I’m so glad he seems to have chosen Brandon Williams as first choice. If you see the own goal for Astana, Shaw’s got caught half way up the pitch and their winger has a quarter of the pitch to himself and Shaw literally jogged back at about 20% speed, absolute pet hate of mine!

• This is so bad from Utd.

Greenwood probably already feels the pressure at 18.

He should be coming on for 20 minutes at 2-0 and enjoying himself.

• @ChazFI123 I'd try Dalot there (when fit) Williams back-up & Shaw 3rd choice.

I'd go:- (if I had a full team available)

-----------------------De Gea
    AWB------Tuanzebe---------Maguire------Dalot
    ------------McTominay-------Pogba
    -------------------------Gomes
    ----Greenwood-----Martial--------Rashford

Pogba & Martial I don't really care for - I'd just have to play them till I could flog them off & buy a few replacements.

• Greenwood starts up front against Mourinho. A few headlines to be made here if he bangs in some goals.

• Irrespective of whether this guys value for his price or whatever, as a young English striker prospect people surely can’t be anything but excited about him! Him and rashford for the next 10 years are such an exciting prospect for united fans

• @ChazFI123 I was just trying to find this thread! Next season should be a good one for him to feature more!

• Well that went well. I sold my Rashfords this morning to buy into Greenwood which i had once said i would never do but i couldnt ignore the obvious fact that he had clearly bottomed out

• Big rise with the 2 Europa League goals. Still looks way over priced for someone not doing it in the premier League. Winnable home game at weekend against Everton. If he starts and scores in that one could be the moment he flies. Still think United will be looking to bring a forward in in January.

• @Dalien-Smith do you know what, one of the main reasons i finally bought him was because of where his price is now compared to how high its been and after that drop it had been stagnant for almost a month which tells me anyone that was going to sell already had. Im done with thinking any player is overpriced in this current market because i dont think there is a single one that is. If people arent buying for Dividend return they buying because of sentiment so even if we think a playerbis overpriced many others may not. They may look at it differently, we dont know who the next superstar is but what would you have paid to buy Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney or Beckham at 18 thats the way im looking at it. Its not what I think its what i think everyone else thinks

• @Black-wolf I think there's a tsunami of money waiting to pour into Greenwood. I'm not sure now is the time though. I find high price players such a chore to own to be honest. Easy to get in. Hard to get out. Maybe I'm too cautious for this game. Crucial set of fixtures though for Greenwood coming up. Bound to get a league start between now and window opening. See what he can do. I'm still on the fence.

• @Dalien-Smith seems like youve gave the answer to your own doubts. Stop worrying about what a player is going to do in the real world instead anticipate what others will do on the index regarding a player. Youve just said you think a tsunami of money will flood into him soon, if you think that then others likely will too so thats when you should buy. PB is your reward for picking out a good player at a good time, cap app is your reward for reading the market sentiment and getting in at the right time

• @Black-wolf Im going to watch for lineups on the weekend. If he's named in the lineup. I'm in. Bench I'll hang on.

• If Utd sign a striker in jan he could well drop again.
    If Utd dont he will rocket imo.

I’m sitting on the fence.

I know he is bloody good but its not all about that on the index.

• @Tom77 I find it hard to believe that they won't recruit a striker in January. They've got ground to make up in champions League places chase plus cup competitions. If he's not starting now he's got little chance when a Mandzukic or somebody comes in from January onwards.

• @Dalien-Smith said in Mason Greenwood- Time To Deliver?:

@Tom77 I find it hard to believe that they won't recruit a striker in January. They've got ground to make up in champions League places chase plus cup competitions. If he's not starting now he's got little chance when a Mandzukic or somebody comes in from January onwards.

I have a feeling they could get a loan in but who I Don’t know.

• @Tom77 said in Mason Greenwood- Time To Deliver?:

If Utd sign a striker in jan he could well drop again.
    If Utd dont he will rocket imo.

I’m sitting on the fence.

I know he is bloody good but its not all about that on the index.

I honestly dont care if hes good or shite as long as he makes me money 😂

• @Tom77 I agree it will be someone short term. That's why I think Mandzukic is being floated as an idea. Decent strikers available on the short term must be few and far between though. Sancho has also being touted too to come. You really need the window out of the way before looking at Greenwood.

• @Black-wolf said in Mason Greenwood- Time To Deliver?:

@Dalien-Smith seems like youve gave the answer to your own doubts. Stop worrying about what a player is going to do in the real world instead anticipate what others will do on the index regarding a player. Youve just said you think a tsunami of money will flood into him soon, if you think that then others likely will too so thats when you should buy. PB is your reward for picking out a good player at a good time, cap app is your reward for reading the market sentiment and getting in at the right time

What you've said there (in bold) is absolutely spot on mate and I can identify with that -

I prefer to mainly hold PB players in a quest for dividends, rather than investing in players for capital appreciation, for the very reason you've highlighted mate - As the slogan says, "test your football knowledge" - I find this less stressful than testing my trader knowledge! 😂😂

If you're chasing dividends and share price is irrelevant then your income solely depends on your players performances (both on pitch and in the media). Once you've bought them, you don't have to do anything 😊.

From what I have gathered, buying players for capital appreciation is a lot of work, having to pump them at every opportunity and constantly trying to convince others to buy into him.
    Greenwood is a known figure on the index so this doesn't related to him now, but unknowns at 45p in Serie A etc is what I mean.

My personal preference is to put money into players i can see doing the business week in week out on the pitch and hopefully make some money from it, almost risk-free. I'd say I'm a fairly reserved trader though. Horses for courses and all that 😊

• @ScouseSte absolutely and i trade in the same way but sometimes there’s obvious money to be made from cap app. I have all my dividend earners which just sit there and make me money. That money goes into other areas of the market to make more money usually from cap app but always into players with potential to win Dividends that way if their price doesnt go up im happy to wait.
    Azpilicueta is a good example but even after winning PB his price didnt move but he was bought with dividend money thats made more money so im still happy. Also been doing it with championship players mostly leeds and west brom and havent had to pump a single one and yet ive already made money in cap app on them and moved on. You dont always have to pump cheap players

• @ScouseSte i dont really touch any unknown players my whole portfolio is PB kings and the only ones that arent play in England. I dont trade in players playing in other countries for cap app very often

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.