Laporte

• Thanks both, we re-evaluate once he hits my 20% ROI target OR put him up for market sale once another 'decent' player gets walloped with a long term injury and sink the money into that player.

I was planning on having a couple of hundred quid in a 'coming back from injury' pot of players and this lad was my first one. IF I get the 20% return i'd be happy with that, I know its only £20 but it scratches the betting itch and also means a little more goes onto the next player, so on and so forth.

I'm never going to have a mega big port and my £3k port keeps me interested, and my small wins keep adding up.

Thanks again for the feedback and views.

• @Milnerman

It’s an approach I have adopted for a % age of my port
    I currently have 4 or 5 players who are at various stages of recovery from a mid to long term injury
    Where I have tried to look for the bottom of the dip and got in.
    It’s a slow burner but a relative safe earner.

• Looking at the recent boom in PB defenders, surely a solid gamble would be on Laporte? Currently @ £1.72, seems excellent value?

• @Sam-L said in Laporte:

Looking at the recent boom in PB defenders

You spelt wing backs wrong 😉

• @MickTurbo fair point! However I could see Laporte winning PB and possibly star man between his return and the end of the season

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.