Tough week...

• @Mr-Random-number completely how I’m seeing it , is this now the new index or a phase!?

• @Collymore10 I don’t know mate but many on here will say positive regardless of how things are going at present due to their own interests. I’m going on holiday next week then again end of September so after I get back I’ll weigh things up. If I’m not making any profit on a decent port I’ll sell up and leave, if I’ve made a steady profit I’ll stay and be patient.

• @Mr-Random-number said in Tough week...:

@Collymore10 I don’t know mate but many on here will say positive regardless of how things are going at present due to their own interests. I’m going on holiday next week then again end of September so after I get back I’ll weigh things up. If I’m not making any profit on a decent port I’ll sell up and leave, if I’ve made a steady profit I’ll stay and be patient.

If you are not making profit, then its probably not the decent port you think it is

• @Advinculas-Index but I have the best dividend players along with many future probable cap apps, my point is if football index has changed to randomness there would be no point planning to be a long term trader. Maybe football index has changed. The experienced players are only going on past experience not present. My portfolio is very good but football index has changed right now at present.

• @Mr-Random-number what does your port look like? then maybe we can give some sort of feedback....im not the most experienced on the index by any means but i am in profit £1235 since june 2nd so somethings working for me

• Yup. My players taking a pummelling at the moment lost 3k in 10 days. But is what it is. Just a current cycle, and a few of the players not performing/injured. By Christmas these losses will be thing of the past.

• @dionysusthyrsus said in Tough week...:

@Boris999 oh mate that is brutal. How are you adapting? Waiting patiently? tweak in strategy?

I have come close to a bit of a panic a couple of times but I'm going to stay calm and do very little. I've been hit by the double whammy of a turbulent market and misfortune. For instance, I have a large number of shares in Laporte so that has been really damaging. Similarly, I have a lot in Mbappe and his injury has sent his price crashing. The most recent addition to my portfolio is Ronaldo Vieira and he's got a red card during his first game for me tonight! I've got decent holdings in Sancho, Pogba and Salah too. They have all fallen quite a bit in the last few days.

I'll be playing the waiting game. Sancho and Pogba should bounce back quickly. Mbappe should be fine once he gets back from his injury. Salah is a strange one, he never seems to go up as much as I'd expect but he'll be okay too with patience. Laporte is a bit of a concern, especially if his injury is long-term. I need to think through the best strategy with him but I think I might have to hold on to all or most of my futures in him too.

• @Boris999 I’ve noticed the money going into big fish at the start of the season has tailed off. All of your big players will recover soon come champions league and constant action. Salah gets excellent divs so I wouldn’t worry about him either. Soon the big boys will see investment again.

• @Valhalla said in Tough week...:

@Boris999 I’ve noticed the money going into big fish at the start of the season has tailed off. All of your big players will recover soon come champions league and constant action. Salah gets excellent divs so I wouldn’t worry about him either. Soon the big boys will see investment again.

It'll be interesting to see whether Pogba plays in the group stages of the Europa League. That would help his price. I don't think Ole can afford to play teams of kids, he needs victories quickly.

• @Doug-s My understanding is "the be opened by" doesn't mean opening your account as in logging in to your account but rather opening an account as in registering a new account. My interpretation of these terms is you can log in and view, you just won't be allowed to trade "use your account". But by logging in you are not technically using, you are merely looking. But FI will have probably blocked certain ip locations so you probably can't log in anyway. These terms will be for people that get around the rules by using vpns. But tbh it would be virtually impossible for anyone including fI to track someone accessing and using their port through a vpn hence why anyone in China can use facebook etc.

Personally, being rule abiding by nature, I respect Fi's rules plus I actually prefer to switch off from life including FI when on holiday but that's just me.

• @Mr-Random-number You are somewhat correct. But to clarify experienced players go on both past and present experience. Let me help give you some clarity. There are a lot more new traders and with a larger number of people playing, volatility increases. There will be harder rises and falls as more people are running off fear and greed. And by the way, I'm glad to see more volatility as this means more profit for FI which makes me feel more confident that they can pay our dividends, consider increasing dividends and build their company even stronger with more marketing, staff and infrastructure. But at the same time the longer term traders who have bought into the top players ports will continue to grow - and if you checked in once every 6 months this would be clear fact, but checking in on a day to day basis, the volatility can sometimes conceal the long term picture. This is because despite the market having more short term traders giving more volatility, there is a lot more money being added to longer term positions too. You can get a vague idea with the growing number of existing traders using FI like a savings account, the predictable rise on payday, the insane amount of money that goes in during promos, bonuses or big event days like share splits or dividend increases etc. And with a triple marketing budget this year loads of newbies are signing up and still figuring out the market. I'm seeing forum user registered at over the 400k mark now. All very positive signs that we continue to grow. Yes volatility has increased and it will continue to do so but don't let that confuse you that the overall price of the top players will also continue to increase too. It has to as more money keeps being added to the market.

I have been with FI since August 2017 and have been through many peaks and troughs. I also trade on real markets that are super volatile and make Fi look like a kindergarten market in comparison. So I honestly do find these types of comments extremely comical but at the same time, i'm also extremely understanding and compassionate toward them. Most people have short memories and forget the highs when they are deep in the lows. And most people don't have the psychology of a pro trader, so if they see 5 or more days of red numbers most people's minds panic and start to become irrational. But my port and all the ports of the people I've introduced to FI have been rising all this year but we've also experienced a handful of dips which is totally normal. We are in one right now. My port has dropped 0.79% this week including 0.23% today. But it rose far in excess of this consistently over the last 5 weeks prior. A good exercise for you to do is to track a snap shot of your 24hr port figure + cash balance on a spreadsheet and auto calc the difference in a daily / weekly / monthly / annual basis and so long as your port is not made up of mostly garbage you will be pleasantly surprised. It will help you keep a long term view of the real picture. Come back to us at the end of the year and let us know how it goes. But if this type of volatility is not for you then of course take your money and run but I've lost count of how many times I've read of people kicking themselves for leaving fi only to see it continue to grow from strength to strength when they check back in.

btw you can read the link below of another time I wrote 6 months ago when we were in another dip. People were freaking then spelling the end is nigh but of course it was just another short term dip before another continued rise. These dips will happen again and again and again and the short term volatility is only going to continue to increase so you're gonna have to get used to it or if not then, maybe it's not right for you to be in this game.

https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/6140/do-you-have-realistic-expectations-look-at-this-to-find-out/21

• @Mr-Matt well written!!! 💪

• @Mr-Matt awesome piece and very well said.

• I'm having a brutal week or so, but looking at my overall graph August was still a very good month. It is the usual correction after a nice boom. Hopefully I can just go steadily up in September - I really don't like promotions or deposit bonuses, as it just puts the market out of sync and it will still correct at some point.

Definitely I'm noticing huge peaks when one of my players scores (e.g. Werner the other day) followed by a mass sell-off; I'm not giving into the temptation of short term trading though - the overall trend is still upwards.

• @Mr-Matt Fantastic piece mate - probably what loads of traders (myself included) needed to here.

• @Deej.11 I second what you said.
    A must read and with a lot of us loosing money last couple of days put things in to perspective big time.

• Great piece above! Feeling the tanking today after IPO announcement in particular. But since Saturday really...feeling it! But rest of month has made up for it so have to put it in context...trying to hold firm on a few good holds that have fallen today

• @HPcoys me too, some tempting prices now. I may snap up a few bargains tomorrow if I miss the IPO fun and games

• I'm down over 2.5% upto today.This is getting ridicules.
    I'm hoping to ride it out after reading above which is a good read.But I'm here to make money not loose it.im in for the long haul but may need to maybe change strategy to suit as in Rome n all that.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.