What is today’s top 200 price decreases telling us?

• What’s everyone’s thoughts?

• @Collymore10 that people are either instant selling or selling their shares to the market

• That it is Sunday.

• @Collymore10 That there are a lot of people anticipating a deposit bonus for FI’s 4th bday later this month.

• @Timothee-Atouba interesting mate, you think it will happen?

• @Collymore10 said in What is today’s top 200 price decreases telling us?:

@Timothee-Atouba interesting mate, you think it will happen?

🤷‍♂️

• FI users are the most interesting. When the market is booming I always read a post or a few posts that it's too good to be true and that somebody must be losing money. And when it's starting to dip or shall I say 'have a correction' then its like why am I losing money. When really it's just a natural cycle of a market. In my opinion the top 10 is dropping because I feel there needs to be a dividend increase soon otherwise £8 is probably the ceiling at the moment. Who is going to buy a £7 stock for 1p per share to max 5p per share on a treble match day.? I'm an older user so the share split benefitted me but it hasn't benefitted new users hence the stagnation on the higher end of the market.

• @C-Money said in What is today’s top 200 price decreases telling us?:

FI users are the most interesting. When the market is booming I always read a post or a few posts that it's too good to be true and that somebody must be losing money. And when it's starting to dip or shall I say 'have a correction' then its like why am I losing money. When really it's just a natural cycle of a market. In my opinion the top 10 is dropping because I feel there needs to be a dividend increase soon otherwise £8 is probably the ceiling at the moment. Who is going to buy a £7 stock for 1p per share to max 5p per share on a treble match day.? I'm an older user so the share split benefitted me but it hasn't benefitted new users hence the stagnation on the higher end of the market.

said the same thing yesterday, top end of market is not going anywhere substantial without fi dipping their hands in their tight pockets and like all trading if top end stagnates the rest will follow before too long, which just leaves pure short term gambling site with essentially little value with the massive spreads and a 2% tax on top , if i was new no way would i buy anyone over £5 to maybe win 5p from time to time, its an even sadder ratio when you type it ;), i put 5 kane shares in to market sell a week ago(as a test) and even though he scored they didnt sell, fundamental issues right there

• @shilly Yeah, for me the lower end of the market has now become by and large the worst value on the market. The ‘ipd players’ have been blown out of proportion. So like you say stagnation for the whole market maybe isn’t far away under this dividend structure.

• Agree with the previous posts on this thread. Something needs to change regarding dividends for top earners to go up in price. They need to up the dividends earned by a bit, as a few pence here and there isn’t cutting it atm. One possibility I though of would be maybe increase dividends earned the longer you have held the player? This way it also encourages you to not sell a player as soon as they have a bad game and encourages more long term strategy? Just a thought.

• @Andy No way will they do that as they will lose out on commission,

• @C-Money said in What is today’s top 200 price decreases telling us?:

FI users are the most interesting. When the market is booming I always read a post or a few posts that it's too good to be true and that somebody must be losing money. And when it's starting to dip or shall I say 'have a correction' then its like why am I losing money. When really it's just a natural cycle of a market. In my opinion the top 10 is dropping because I feel there needs to be a dividend increase soon otherwise £8 is probably the ceiling at the moment. Who is going to buy a £7 stock for 1p per share to max 5p per share on a treble match day.? I'm an older user so the share split benefitted me but it hasn't benefitted new users hence the stagnation on the higher end of the market.

They had a dividend increase in preseason so no way are they going to have another anytime soon. CEO Andy Cole made it clear (and quite sharply) on a Q&A on twitter following the summer promotions that there won't be another dividend increase after someone asked him.

• @Londoner I do feel like something does need to be done though, otherwise we’ll be stuck at this £7/£7.40 mark like we have been for a while I reckon. I think people were predicting player prices to rise much more once the season started and it hasn’t really happened to their expectation

• @Londoner yes in regards to media madness that was a dividend increase but not massive. FI easily covered that with the volatility of the market. Its the guys business at the end of the day which is still in its infancy compared to other gambling sites. If the FI team want the market to catch up to the ceiling of £7+ at the moment then yes this is the way forward. But it will saturate and people will eventually be fed up of short term flipping because you can't always win like that. I think in business you have to be flexible and if he sees the growth bigger than expected I believe he will give a dividend increase or announce one. Lots of posts that capital appreciation is better than divis at the moment which effectively is true. But the fundamentals of this platform for new users have now changed and without dividends nothing drives the platform. Eventually there won't be much capital appreciation to make.

• @shilly I think the FI team are pretty happy with short term trading lots of 2% commission for them. As long as the footie goes up they won't give us a dividend increase so this short term trading trend will be here for a few more weeks yet. I know why this weekend I'm down. Hardly any of the players I own scored. Never use to be the case but now that's how traders are reacting. They need the instant buzz. I still believe long term is where the most money will be made but it will need patience. FI is constantly evolving so let's see what the future holds.

• @Andy prices are rising just not the top end of the table. Victor Oisenhem has shot up in 3 weeks. The growth of Mason greenwood is insane and he is pretty much holding his price. Sancho did a crazy rise hit over £7 then fell back a bit. Mason mount and James maddison also. I would say we have seen unprecedented growth for some players and the same when they dip. Big ups and big downs.

• @C-Money I don’t think @Londoner is referring to media madness but the ipd’s and pb for Euro qualies. But your point remains that the top of the market are at least largely mb players and the ceiling hasn’t increased for six months. That’s a huge message to everybody because that is where the market talks about dividends and yields, and the market isn’t willing to go higher.

• @Timothee-Atouba ohh I see but that isn't a dividend increase. Less treble media days. More match days and IPD. I remember a year ago neymar was £11 and triple match day could win you 12p per share. Treble media number one was 8p. Now its 3p and 5p for treble match day. That is the issue its just not great for new users. It depends what they want to achieve. They are watching this closely and I really do believe we will get another divi rise soon regardless of what they say.

• @Andy that's the exact opposite of what FI want. They want constant trading to make quick commission. No chance in a million years.

• @C-Money It is a dividend increase because it makes more than the media payments. But I do agree in that an increase is needed in mb and pb otherwise real investors won’t park their money here.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.