New TV ad

• What are your thoughts?

I think for the time on screen it does a good job of making it seem interesting and will draw people in.

My only concern is that regulators may not like the way it's pitched - but I'll give FI's compliance and conduct teams the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Best one yet for me. Explains what's going on here in simple terms. That's what the previous ad lacked. Compliance seems to be a minefield though. Always get the feeling with much of their marketing they need to spell out what's going on here but compliance undermines getting a clear message across.

• @Dalien-Smith said in New TV ad:

Best one yet for me. Explains what's going on here in simple terms. That's what the previous ad lacked. Compliance seems to be a minefield though. Always get the feeling with much of their marketing they need to spell out what's going on here but compliance undermines getting a clear message across.

Given that I work in Compliance and have responsibility for signing off marketing promtion I'll not take office at the above comments :P

But in fact Compliance are the ones who should be pulling any marketing material that isn't clear. Adverts should be "fair, clear, and not misleading" if the marketing people are releasing adverts that don't achieve this then they should be pulled immediatley, and the person in compliance who signed it off should be sacked.

• I like this one a lot better then the previous one, explains much more clearly what the unique selling point of the index is. Also anything that tells how much of a rip off normal bookies are compared to the index is a win in my opinion.

• Hopefully not many potential customers were subject to 'Hollyoaks abuse' by their girlfriends/wives of around 6/7 years ago like myself.

The face of Dr Browning is not one you can trust.

• @Brabbn No offence intended but this current advert is on the money. Don't waste money on bookies. Buy low in a player and sell high on here. Make money. To date alot of the marketing has been around 'the game changed' and using your football knowledge. It's all very vague. On the Talksport on the index section it's all very general football talk about certain players without any relating it to FI. I've always had the feeling that regulation on gambling has caused/ undermines getting across the true message.

I'm surprised to be honest that the sprint talk guy doesn't say at the end that this is a gambling product and prices can go down as well as up.

• @CJ0101 yeah I liked the comparison with traditional bookmakers

• @Dalien-Smith said in New TV ad:

@Brabbn No offence intended but this current advert is on the money. Don't waste money on bookies. Buy low in a player and sell high on here. Make money. To date alot of the marketing has been around 'the game changed' and using your football knowledge. It's all very vague. On the Talksport on the index section it's all very general football talk about certain players without any relating it to FI. I've always had the feeling that regulation on gambling has caused/ undermines getting across the true message.

I'm surprised to be honest that the sprint talk guy doesn't say at the end that this is a gambling product and prices can go down as well as up.

I know mate, the advert is much better and actually gives you an idea as to what it's about, rather than focusing on knowledge etc. I think we can all thank the compliance people at FI for it :P

• @Brabbn Best FI ad to date. Let's hope know know animals or small children were hurt in its making. This one could really do with getting past advertising standards. I think it's a winner 👍

• Really like the ad! To me it gets across the concept in simple terms - not a straight win or lose bet and can 'cash out' at anytime.
    Would at least be enough to get people looking into FI having never heard of it before which I consider a success!

• Yep, their best ad to date. When he mentioned over time and you could sell at a profit, he should have mentioned "up to three years to hold".

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.