What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?

• I thought their servers would help make IPOs smoother and better. More demand and a free for all, but on servers that can actually cope. Surely they didn't advise on a sly early morning IPO launch? Why have IPOs like that if by the time most of your users wake up they are already 60p or so higher?

Imagine the stock exchange opened on the sly at half one in the morning and the only ones able to buy shares were bots and those lucky enough to still be up. There would rightly be accusations and an investigation and changes made!

The IPO process fails again imo. It worked better technically, but you have alienated yet more people from the product, who you know, sleep!!! Not announcing the launch times is simply not fair!

On the next FI advert when the guy is waving his hand about can he say "Set your alarm to silly o clock otherwise you'll miss out. The game changed, your sleep patterns changed".

• @Leighton said in What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?:

Imagine the stock exchange opened on the sly at half one in the morning and the only ones able to buy shares were bots and those lucky enough to still be up. There would rightly be accusations and an investigation and changes made!

This isn't a stock market and it's a gambling site so no valid comparison.

@Leighton said in What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?:

Not announcing the launch times is simply not fair!

Not announcing the launch times makes it fair as nobody has an advantage.

@Leighton said in What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?:

The game changed, your sleep patterns changed".

Don't need to change sleep patterns at all - I chose the times I come on FI and at the time I'm on I chose to buy players at the prices I think are value. A lot of people who have become too addicted to FI and are letting it rule their life. To those people I say use the timeout facility.

• So to answer, of course FI is not a stock market - So answer my question about "What have Nasdaq brought to the table"?

Not announcing the launch times is unfair if everyone wakes up to massive hikes they had no chance of getting in on. A 60p rise on the IPO price in some cases. The only winners here were those who knew, those with bots and those who got lucky and were awake - I dont know which of those you are.

You do need to change your sleep patterns if they launch at half one in the morning. That's undeniable. The whole selling point of FI is cap app now, as shown in the latest advert. Well fat chance of that if the appreciation happens whilst you are in the middle of a dream.

Hey ho!

• @Leighton To answer your question - we'll have to wait and see what Nasdaq bring to the table. Nothing will have changed yet as a result of the Nasdaq deal so it's an unfair question.
    I'll reverse your "only winners" statement to say the only losers today were those intending to flip for big profits. The bots claims are getting annoying as there are no bots - do you realise how few people buying 300 futures it takes to raise a price 60p?
    If you feel the need to be on FI for every IPO then sorry but you have a gambling problem.

• @janner73 said in What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?:

If you feel the need to be on FI for every IPO then sorry but you have a gambling problem.

What on earth are you talking about man? I really dont. I just want to play the game like everyone else.

Ok, so let's rephrase: Why should I have to pay more for players I want because I (and others) was asleep?

Theres no 100% perfect solution that makes everyone happy, (Some shift workers sleep during the day for example!) but half one in the morning isnt fair on the majority of users.

I presume you used a bot then. You seem quite happy, you've denied they exist when they absolutely do and you are saying it's my fault for complaining that I've missed out on players I wanted because I've got a gambling problem. All very odd.

Hey ho.

• @Leighton said in What have Nasdaq brought to the table then?:

I presume you used a bot then. You seem quite happy, you've denied they exist when they absolutely do and you are saying it's my fault for complaining that I've missed out on players I wanted because I've got a gambling problem. All very odd.

Absolutely not - I'm just tired of all the moaning, expectations and greed on this platform. I simply decide whether I want to buy a player at the price they are or not and ignore. If I don't get a player at IPO price it's just no big deal to me - there are thousands of players on the platform and so many ways to make money that I don't get the IPO obsession. If I get a player I like at a price I see as value great, if not then I don't buy. I just don't worry myself about what other people may or may not have got.

• @janner73 I think a lot of it is that everybody sees their port underperform and in most cases lose in the 24 hours or so leading up to ipo’s and that for me is the main reason why people need to have every genuine chance of making something from the ipo’s (I am aware that not everybody can make from an ipo, but you get my point).
    They need to somehow move away from this system and introduce an order based ipo.

• Right. You "simply decide" to do that then. You might not get the "IPO obsession" but despite that you are quite happy to come on here and say I've got a gambling problem because I wanted to buy someone who I now dont think has any value.

Mega odd ball. You carry on doing your thing, all the best.

Anyway, quite what have Nasdaq brought to the table in terms of IPOs?

• @Timothee-Atouba And I completely agree with that as the long-term solution.

• Nasdaq hasn't been in partnership that long; these things take time.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.