IPO's (Stop bitching...lifes to short)

• Morning all,

So …..
    IPO's come out on an advertised time slot … everyone bitches about bots and pricing and all that.
    IPO's come out at 5am (not an advertised time slot) … everyone botches about not knowing about it and waking up, looking and wondering "what the hells going on".

Personally, I have never had any real success on IPO's like others have because I wasn't quick enough or the price has literally gone through the roof. So I wasn't bothered about jumping on them straight away anyway. Once the dust settles in a day or 2, I can revaluate and decide whether to jump on them from there once all the hype is done and the IS is finished.

It's seems all the people bitching are the ones that have missed out and they are simply bitter. Some of the comments are crazy; "FI are creating us like shit", "ruined my whole day", "FI are stitching us up", "FI are being underhanded" .

Really guys, come on...life is to short. Think of it logically, if an IPO is such amazing potential, they will still increase after the initial 48hr drop which is inevitable. Also, there have been some big drops on 'established' players already on the index which is an opportunity for jumping on prior to internationals / League Cup / CL / EL.

There is a lot of bitter people out there and it is simply because you've missed out.

Personally I'm more concerned about my existing portfolio and topping up / taking advantage on some drops on established players.

No offense to anybody but lets move on and make some monies.
    & well done to anyone who did get on early enough.

• @gball1975 exactly the whinging is pathetic. Ipo's are to introduce players to the site. Thats all. FI dont owe you the chance to make quick money from them it just happens that some people do

• @gball1975 spot on man 👍

• I do find it quite hard to understand some people’s disproportional complaining. Acting like it’s the end of the world when they get IPD payments a couple of hours later than expected etc... Makes me worry about their mental resilience when faced by actual adversity rather than when they’re in the lucky and privileged position to be making a lot of money through not a huge amount of effort lol.

• @gball1975
    fair points, with me its not so much about 'bitching' as such. personally i have never said a bad word against FI and i agree some of the terms you state on there are way to strong.

for me personally its just the lack of consistancy that is frustrating. and i'm not sure its necasarily being 'bitter' about not getting the best price, after all that is why we are on here, its obvious everyone wants the best price - its the fact its a small percentage of people who have been able to take advantage yet again.

i'm cool with them not announcing times/or announcing times or whatever they decide but they need to give people a clue because people are selling part of their portfolios in anticipation. they need to set up some restrictions in my view

• Ipos came out at 1am not 5 am.

I get that you had no success in the past on IPOs and thats shaped your opinion and thats fine.

At the moment the IPOs are most profitable players on here and releasing them at 1am when its always been 10 am is underhanded in my opinion.

• @speedloafer Sorry, sorry...1am not 5am.

• Time for a cuppa and re-evaluate my port, got caught up in serious Fomo with Almada and Ihatteran 🤦🏻‍♂️

• @Indexical
    totally agree, i'm the first to knock anyone complaining about late IPD payouts

• @gball1975 said in IPO's (Stop bitching...lifes to short):

Morning all,

So …..
    IPO's come out on an advertised time slot … everyone bitches about bots and pricing and all that.
    IPO's come out at 5am (not an advertised time slot) … everyone botches about not knowing about it and waking up, looking and wondering "what the hells going on".

Personally, I have never had any real success on IPO's like others have because I wasn't quick enough or the price has literally gone through the roof. So I wasn't bothered about jumping on them straight away anyway. Once the dust settles in a day or 2, I can revaluate and decide whether to jump on them from there once all the hype is done and the IS is finished.

It's seems all the people bitching are the ones that have missed out and they are simply bitter. Some of the comments are crazy; "FI are creating us like shit", "ruined my whole day", "FI are stitching us up", "FI are being underhanded" .

Really guys, come on...life is to short. Think of it logically, if an IPO is such amazing potential, they will still increase after the initial 48hr drop which is inevitable. Also, there have been some big drops on 'established' players already on the index which is an opportunity for jumping on prior to internationals / League Cup / CL / EL.

There is a lot of bitter people out there and it is simply because you've missed out.

Personally I'm more concerned about my existing portfolio and topping up / taking advantage on some drops on established players.

No offense to anybody but lets move on and make some monies.
    & well done to anyone who did get on early enough.

Love it. Spot on!

• Well said @gball1975

• alt text

• @speedloafer They are the most profitable players on here for a very 'very' short window, but probably not long term (depending on your strategy). I have never lost money on IPOs ('fake' price gets hiked to quickly) as I have never brought within the first 48 hours (my own choice but hey...it works).
    All I am saying is the bitching is pretty pathetic because people aren't quick enough. People complain about IPO's no matter what time of day they come out... I think its crazy how quickly they go up but I don't bitch about it all morning like some people still are.

At the end of the day we are all here to make money, some are quicker at it than others, time to move on.

This morning I woke up breathing again with my fiancée lying next to me, so as far as I am concerned...I had a bloody good start to my day.

• @gball1975 would she say the same thing though? ;)

• @ChazFI123 HAHA... She'd better, I bloody hope so at least!!!

• @gball1975 its not that people are not quick enough its that they were released at 1am with no warning which was a complete change form the norm. I just want the same opportunity for all of us to buy them. Not announcing the time and releasing just after midnight is underhanded and sneaky imo and serves nobody except the bots.

FI's tagline is "make Money from your football knowledge" not make money from second guessing FI

• @gball1975 said in IPO's (Stop bitching...lifes to short):

@speedloafer

This morning I woke up breathing again with my fiancée lying next to me, so as far as I am concerned...I had a bloody good start to my day.

Was she still breathing?

• @Advinculas-Index said in IPO's (Stop bitching...lifes to short):

@gball1975 said in IPO's (Stop bitching...lifes to short):

@speedloafer

Was she still breathing?

If not @gball1975 isnt quite the reasonable, happy go lucky, diplomat he’s portraying himself as.

• I'd just like to post these two quotes from the Game Rules section of the website :-

"We may introduce new footballers into the Top 200, which is referred to as an Initial Player Offering (IPO). These IPOs will be published at a price at our discretion on The Football Index News Blog at 12:00pm (London time) the day before, but specific timing of the IPO will not be announced"

"We may introduce new footballers into the Squad Players, which is referred to as an Initial Player Offering (IPO). These IPOs will be published at a price at our discretion on The Football Index News Blog at 12:00pm (London time) the day before, but specific timing of the IPO will not be announced"

Following on from our chat yesterday @Dan-The-Man, here's another change people may not be aware of. I certainly wasn't.

Going to sit down and spend a good 10 minutes giving the entire rules section a read tonight. See what else we've apparently all missed.

EDIT @Misto maybe worth a check on the "All Things Football Index" thread to see if your IPO section matches bud (when you have a spare 5 minutes of course - I know you're a busy boy atm)

• @speedloafer … totally disagree. How is it underhanded? And anyone second guessing should bet on flipping a coin. People who brought players would / should have done there research. There was even a thread about an IPO coming out prior and as they are meant to be a big prospect, that person didn't second guess did they? they researched the player and passed on the info for those who may not have known about him.
    People have 'made money on their football knowledge' … or should people make money simply by being lucky and flipping within a 24 hour period?
    Either way...lets put a line under it.

But before we finish...I have a solid tip for you....

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.