The Great Dead Of Night IPO Drop. The Positives, The Negatives And The Future

• The big positive from this IPO introduction is theyve managed to introduce all that were promised without the debacle of last time. FI tech was able to cope with the small band of insomniacs making hay in the midnight hour. Greater tests lie ahead I feel with IPOs such as Eduardo Camavinga who are causing a stir in some twitter parts. Now the element of surprise has gone youd expect a more commited response from the more enthusiastic amongst us come the next witching hour IPO drop but perhaps no where near the levels of a daytime drop.

Im pleased to be honest that IPOs might be hopefully coming back more regular. Almada is another massively touted youngster. I like to think if money is being thrown at these hype players it creates value elsewhere.

• @Dalien-Smith Finally insomnia pays off. I wish I could’ve had it for one night only :-)

• @Timothee-Atouba Dont get me wrong Id love to grab some of these guys at low prices but I think surprise drops are probably the only way of ensuring IPOs are introduced without event. I'll take that trade off. Well unless theres a twilight trader out there offering his services......:)

• They'll change it up next time. Instead of a 2am release it'll be 10pm or something. I think that's the point, make it random and don't crash the site.

With IPOs it's a case of being damned if they do, damned if they don't. It's a lose lose situation for them. It's also a losing situation for everyone's portfolio too! Mine sure took a bashing yesterday.

• @stumac85

they need to limit how many can by purchased either per IPO or per punter and also stick with the random times each IPO day. dont think anyone can argue then.

• @G27 I cant see them doing that. They make there money from money being invested into the platform. Setting limits is not good for business.

• @Dalien-Smith exactly, it's a business after all. Also IPOs on actual stock markets don't limit how much you can buy.

• @Dalien-Smith
    just for 24 hours

• Personally, I would have an individual IPO most days (so averaging 5 a week), no announcement who or when. So that's around 250 new players a year to keep the market fresh, and no mass stampede each time a new batch is announced.

• @stumac85
    it i a buissness i agree - but its not an actuall stockmarket - its total fantasy and they are in complete control of how and when they keep all their punters happy, they have the option to do this, just needs some more thought

• @G27 Agree with this. Its a gambling site so they can limit stake anytime they want as they have the right to refuse a bet. Max 300 futures per user for first 24 hours seems fair and reasonable to me.

• @janner73
    done

• @G27 Maybe but im told alot of the money FI makes comes from big hitters/investors. Are FI really going to tell them they can only buy a couple of hundred shares and then sit on their hands 24 hours and watch the price rise before they can get on again.

• @Dalien-Smith
    yeah, whats the difference with that happening to everyone else? they can buy 300 initially and then 24 hours make a similar investment to what they'd originally planned. they'd almost be a seperate influx for the bigger punters after 24hours...everyone gets a piece.

• @G27

i think of it more like keeping the majority of users content - it apeases a much wider audience and keeps FI growing by keeping more users interested

• @Dalien-Smith said in The Great Dead Of Night IPO Drop. The Positives, The Negatives And The Future:

@G27 Maybe but im told alot of the money FI makes comes from big hitters/investors. Are FI really going to tell them they can only buy a couple of hundred shares and then sit on their hands 24 hours and watch the price rise before they can get on again.

The big hitters need the huge number of smaller punters as well. If the site was only made up of a small number of big hitters it wouldn't last long so it's extremely important to find a solution that works for all groups.

• @G27 Your working on the assumption we are all equal punters here. There certainly appears to be a reverance to big investors here. They have their own customer service number dont they? Any decision on IPO could potentially impact profit margin. I think we maybe stuck with the free for all approach. I totally get where your coming from though.

• IMO I think we will see more IPO’s dropping in the middle of the night to cater for other country’s in different time zones... can’t just be all about the uk trying to get IPO’s at a decent price.

When they drop midday our time other county’s it’s the middle of the night/early morning and miss out on new IPO’s

FI have to think about other users in different country’s as well, not just the UK.

• Its difficult to gauge how much appetite there is for fair play in IPO introduction. FI certainly stay clear of the subject. I imagine to bring some 24 hour fair play it would involve more tech which their tech department has proved wanting in the past. For me Im happy to have IPOs for now. Implementing change in IPOs I fancy might cause further disruption. One for a slow off season.

• @Pluko I think in this instance. FIs UK dead of night IPO drop occured to spare their overworked servers overload rather than offer an oppurtunity to our overseas friends.

They could do more with overseas customers though. MB could be potentially sourced from more overseas media outlets. Very UK centric that is at present.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.