The Great Dead Of Night IPO Drop. The Positives, The Negatives And The Future

• This is what I would do:

New Tab on the main screen called IPOs

Mondays: A list of players appears in the IPO tab next to their fixed IPO price. You have until friday to order up to x amount (up to 500 maybe) of that player at the IPO price.

Fridays: The IPO players are released to the open market and treated as normal from then. Any players you ordered are added to your portfolio at the IPO price.

I think that would work.

• @Ralph-Wiggum how? Then there would be thousands and thousands of risk free shares out there all obtained at the ipo price and no one to buy them off you. What happens when all these shares are listed? Does the price go down to below ipo price?

• @EThomas9 said in The Great Dead Of Night IPO Drop. The Positives, The Negatives And The Future:

@Ralph-Wiggum how? Then there would be thousands and thousands of risk free shares out there all obtained at the ipo price and no one to buy them off you. What happens when all these shares are listed? Does the price go down to below ipo price?

Let alone the potential dividend liability to FI on thousands and thousands of risk free shares.

• @janner73
    it wasnt really thought through but i like the IPO tab

• @G27 Yes I like the IPO tab too. Would be easy to add and then just release new players there whenever with no announcements needed.

• Thumbs up for an IPO tab. Those pesky IPO announcements are a devil to find.

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in The Great Dead Of Night IPO Drop. The Positives, The Negatives And The Future:

This is what I would do:

New Tab on the main screen called IPOs

Mondays: A list of players appears in the IPO tab next to their fixed IPO price. You have until friday to order up to x amount (up to 500 maybe) of that player at the IPO price.

Fridays: The IPO players are released to the open market and treated as normal from then. Any players you ordered are added to your portfolio at the IPO price.

I think that would work.

Yep this is the way

• hmmmm, @janner73 and @EThomas9 have a point.

If the player performs then more people will want to buy and the price will go up, if not, then if people want rid then can put them in the sale queue which will lower the price. I don't see any reason why the price and IS price can't drop below the IPO price if the market thinks it needs to.

• Look, they have to get this right one way or another. There will be a constant churn of new players every week for as long as this platform exists. They are going to have to update it and launch these new players otherwise the whole FI product eats itself.

They've tried fixed release times, and that didnt fully work. They've tried random release times, that didnt fully work. Let's at least try the suggested pre order capped process and see how that fairs - IPOs are going nowhere. Figure it out and get it as smooth as possible for as many people as possible.

• @Ralph-Wiggum This is actually a really good idea, probably the best solution I have seen, and then a free for all from the Frisday...well done mate.

• I have missed the last few IPO releases due to being at work. However, this time I was wide awake when released but still missed out as I am in Florida and cannot trade. Maybe one day I will catch the IPO release, sigh...

• @stumac85 Actually IPOs on stock markets do limit how much you can buy. You place a request for x number is shares at the IPO sale price ahead of the sale, of which there may be a max amount, and if more are requested by bidders than shares available then they divvy them up across the bidders, so you don’t always get as many as requested . Seems like a decent model which could work for this platform too.

• @Ralph-Wiggum basically a very similar way to how stock markets manage IPOs. I fully agree with this approach.

• @Ralph-Wiggum I had a similar idea, but the flaw was you could have multiple accounts and some people would buy up thousands. Also how is it decided who gets the player at his introduction price and who gets him at 10p dearer etc.

• @speedloafer you limit the number of share available at the IPO price. Everyone can bid for a max number of shares. If the demand outweighs the availability then the total number of shares each person gets is reduced accordingly. It’s how IPOs are run in the stock market world. You can also do it in a first come first serve basis if there are more bidders than shares avaialable. It would work

• @Luke except people will open 20 accounts

• @speedloafer aren’t there controls to prevent that? Otherwise could do exactly the same with the double your money joining offers FI provide? Which would be an even faster and more reliable way to make money.

• @speedloafer open 20 accounts imagine the problem if they all get hit with verification issues😱

• @Carboney you’d have to try a different accent each time you called customer services :)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.