If you could buy one player...

• OK, all leagues have started, 2 rounds of internationals round the corner, CL / EL draws have happened, all transfer windows are now shut.

Excluding Pogba, Neymar, Mbappe, Sancho …. if you could buy any amount of shares in any player 'currently' on the index and hold for the next 12 months until 1st September 2020....who would that one player be?

• This post is deleted!

• Off the top of my head. 1) Ronaldo 2) Griezmann 3) Trent AA

• Gacinovic

• It changes from day to day! At the moment, I'd say Griezmann. Playing for the best team in Spain and playing for France who are certain to qualify for Euro 2020 and go quite far in that tournament. Compared to others in the same bracket, seems 'cheap' at current price. I think he will appreciate quite a bit between now and next September.

• Griezmann

• Viktor Tsygankov although it may be a slow burner until the spring.

• @gball1975

Mehdi Taremi

30p, scored a hatrick and an assist last week, then followed that up by winning 3 pens in the same match and that's after years of being called the Iranian Zlatan. IE, living up to the hype.

Playing in Portugal at Rio Ave, he just helped them beat Sporting and I think they'll end up in Europe next season.

He was linked to Huddersfield, speaks fluent English and so a great season in Portugal could see his price rise easily. Many journalists have heaped praise on him.

I got in at 10/11p, before he transferred to Portugal, so every 10p rise is delightful and he's trended 3 times in the last 2 weeks now that the season has started.

• @Dan-The-Man
    I don't generally buy non-PB league players but this is certainly a compelling argument. Might do some research on him. At 27 years old, if I did invest, I'd be hoping for a transfer to a PB league in the next year or two to see a real spike in his price. You know what FI traders are like , they don't have much appetite for players once they approach 30.

• @Dan-The-Man
    Also the spread isn't hugely appealing for those getting in now. Fair play though for getting in at 10p. Well played.

• Kane, easy CL group, England captain/pens for qualifiers/euros, just turned 26, proven dividend returner, he's probably the safest medium/long term top 15 hold IMO.

• @Dan-The-Man

Eerrmmm….who??? (lol)
    Big spread @ 31p costing. Rio Ave always finishing around 6th/7th... could be slow burner for a handful to be fair.
    Iran play Hong Kong on the 10/09 aswell.

• @gball1975

I think his spread's so high because he's topped the trending list 3 times in the last 2 weeks. It will close tighter when the dust has settled but I think it's safe to say he's making a splash so far.

• I'd say Timo Werner.
    Had a great start to the season and looked scintillating last weekend scoring a hattrick against BMG.
    On this form surely a very big move for him awaits.
    Just wish i'd got on him earlier.

• @Vaughany

Yeah... I think there's a slight chance he moves next year but it is slight as he's only just arrived in Portugal. I do think it's more likely they will make the push for Europe though given they have found a proper striker.

When he signed with Rio Ave, most of the reports were saying... he's destined for bigger things and the way he started has been nuts. Plus, winning 3 pens against the ex Liverpool defender got him in the papers over here so he's on peoples radars a bit already.

Time will tell but for now.... I'm loving the guy ha.

• @Dan-The-Man Ouch that spread!😲

• @Gazz127

It's helping me out right now. I'm in for the long run and hopefully that spread will discourage instant sales.

• @Dan-The-Man Very true that spread will discourage sales but Good on ya for the find😉

• Thanks @Gazz127

At the minute, it's the best buy I've made on here percentage-wise at least. I sold a few hundred at 2x the price I bought in at, after his first trend but have regretted selling ever since ha.

0_1567526862175_Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 17.07.21.png

It honestly makes me question, why I've bothered buying the big players ever. When's a £3.50 player going to turn into a £10.50 player? Or a £7 player going to turn into a £21 player... and still have room for impressive growth.

• @Dan-The-Man That looks very sweet indeed.
    I never seem to find the time to research some of the cheaper players but your proof that it can pay off.
    Not every player will deliver like this though but when it does it must be so sweet.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.