Fingers Burned, Lesson Learned.

• So this morning when I woke early I managed to catch a little of the Almada IPO and took a nice little profit, So this afternoon sitting in my sofa with money available I decided to go all in for Luis.
    Sitting, waiting refreshing over and over until he finally popped up, everything happened so fast I’d already missed 57p rise and two failed attempts to buy in I’d completely missed he’d gone to 1.88 when I actually bought in!
    2 hours later he’s sitting in my port -18 down at a hefty loss and with that I’m never getting involved with IPOs again 🤬
    Let them battle it out in future and I’ll just sit and watch hoping desperately that Florentino gets his big money move!

• @FarkeBall-Index

I’m assuming you was buying less than 300, the Important thing with IPO’s is you have to have the funds to buy 300 as with the blink of an eye your chance has gone

• @FarkeBall-Index Hope you kept at least a few Almada shares as he's imo the best of the bunch.

• I might be thick but I cant follow this post. So you bought this morning and made a quick profit? Then you decided to buy more this afternoon and ended up paying £1.88 per share? Or do you mean the ones you bought this morning were £1.88 and have since fallen?

• @Snrub he is talking about two players, profit on Almada loss on Florentine Luis

• @speedloafer ah right makes sense, I missed that cheers!

• @Gazz127 nope sold them for profit that Florentino has now wiped out.

• @DavidMUFC1987 I didn’t have the funds, lesson learned

• @FarkeBall-Index
    they are overpriced to begin with

• @FarkeBall-Index aw mate you got on the best youngster in the world (imo) and you flipped him 🤦‍♂️ that ones going to come back to haunt you. I get people like to flip IPO’s for a quick profit but some players are hot property that should be held and not flipped

• @kaka8 i actually think the pricing is very clever. Yes they are overpriced but its going to stimulate market growth over time as there are so many top quality players already on the index for a fraction of the price

• @Black-wolf said in Fingers Burned, Lesson Learned.:

@FarkeBall-Index aw mate you got on the best youngster in the world (imo) and you flipped him 🤦‍♂️ that ones going to come back to haunt you. I get people like to flip IPO’s for a quick profit but some players are hot property that should be held and not flipped

Your pumping of this player is relentless. Give it a rest

• Im new to FI and got all excited about the IPOs. Got carried away with it all this morning and bought at the wrong time. But I’m learning from my mistakes and hopefully it won’t cost me to much in the long run.

I quite like that this game tests your resolve. It’s very hard to make a quick buck unless your in the right place at the right time. So clearly research and patience is the key.

• @Jamie sorry been excited for this one for a very long time. 🤗

• @Andy-O said in Fingers Burned, Lesson Learned.:

Im new to FI and got all excited about the IPOs. Got carried away with it all this morning and bought at the wrong time. But I’m learning from my mistakes and hopefully it won’t cost me to much in the long run.

I quite like that this game tests your resolve. It’s very hard to make a quick buck unless your in the right place at the right time. So clearly research and patience is the key.

Look at the last IPO’s. Kubo, the Japanese lad that Madrid signed and is the 2nd coming and blah blah, went straight up to 2.20, down to 1.90 and is now around 2.10. There are various other IPO’s where the same thing has happened; initial FOMO spike, then price decreases when people seek value elsewhere & finally price stabilises.

The same thing will happen with some of these IPO’s as after the initial rush some people will realise they have ‘dead’ money tied up in a South American kid that is not going to have any transfer spec and theoretical value for (at least) 3 months.

• Sorry to hear you lost out. My view on IPOs is to look at whether there is a similar player at that club already. The last IPOs alerted me to the fact that Trippier was 60p and they were launching the new Athletic Madrid left back at 80p.

Gedson Fernandes had dropped to a low since April of £1.01 now £1.04 who probably suits the matrix better and is a year further down the line in terms of his career and a big move abroad. I originally bought him and Joao Felix at IPO a year ago and doubled my money and sold (which should be in the other thread about biggest mistake) but glad to get back on Fernandes,

Hopefully the trend for youth will rise the price again and you can get out at a profit. Benfica have an open ECL group and could make Europa as a consolation so some PB eligibility too.

• IPOs are probably the biggest gamble on this site, and I stay well away. All the good ones go to a massive high, then dip dramatically, and a week later you can usually get in at a pretty decent price.

• @Zidave Somehow we always end up in the EL - but I wouldn't be surprised if we finished 4th this year, group is too tight to call.

Gedson Fernandes currently injured and has been for a while, meaning that we're playing a midfield duo of Florentino Luis and....Adel Taarabt. If Gedson returns to fitness before Gabriel Pires i'd expect him to be in the XI again.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.