Opportunities in Germany starting 11

• I'm interested in getting everyone's thoughts on how Germany might line up for their fixtures against Netherlands and Northern Ireland. They have a number of key players with injuries and fitness concerns which presents an opportunity for those on the fringes (and FI traders) to take advantage.

Question marks over the following:

Gnabry (was on the bench for Bayern's demolition of Mainz and didn't come on. Injury/unfit?)
    Goretzka (finally back from injury and was also on the bench for Bayern against Mainz. Didn't come on. Lacking match fitness.)
    Sane (long term injury)

All 3 started the last qualifier. In addition, Draxler (who came off the bench in that game) also looks to be out with a foot injury. So who do we think will gain a starting place? Werner? Brandt? Havertz? Where is the value?

I already hold Reus and Brandt and was tempted to top up on them. However, I have just bought 200 of Nico Schulz. Regular starter for Germany and is down to 72p after being as high as £1. He was benched for Dortmund's last game which may explain his drop in price. However, given Dortmund lost that game 3-1, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in the starting 11 soon.

Any views appreciated. Thanks.

• The only was I thought about was Gnabry , sometimes plays up top but to be honest there are cheaper players in other teams with easier fixtures.🤷‍♂️

• @Tom77
    I hold 150 Gnabry after buying before the season started. He's 6p down for me and I don't expect him to recover in the short term. However, I am optimistic that he will rise significantly as we approach the end of the season and Euro 2020. Coutinho joining has obviously had an effect on his price and is putting traders off. Like you say, in the short term, there is better value elsewhere.

• @Vaughany said in Opportunities in Germany starting 11:

@Tom77
    I hold 150 Gnabry after buying before the season started. He's 6p down for me and I don't expect him to recover in the short term. However, I am optimistic that he will rise significantly as we approach the end of the season and Euro 2020. Coutinho joining has obviously had an effect on his price and is putting traders off. Like you say, in the short term, there is better value elsewhere.

Yeah Gnabry was really tempting for me but the other thing that put me off was bayern and possible rotation. Good luck though, he will def be higher near the euro’s.

• Does muller not get a sniff anymore? Not seen him play for a while. I’m assuming he has retired from international togger?

• @Milnerman
    Completely forgot about him. Just has a look and apparently Low told him he has no future in international football!! That was back in March.

• He told Muller and Hummels the same thing at the same time IIRC @Vaughany

• I'd be surprised if they didn't play Werner up top considering his form. I think he plays better with another striker but has all the qualities of a lone striker.

• I know Halstenberg made a sub appearance recently, I haven't seen the current squad but he must be on the fringes of the squad and playing well with Leipzig.

• @stumac85 Great player but memories of the World Cup are still fresh in the mind so I would exercise caution with Werner. He was hyped massively as being top scorer for the tournament but turned out to be a complete flop.

Gundogan is worth a look. Limited chances at club level but tends to score quite well PB wise when he does play.

• Fingers crossed Havertz and Brandt will start, as I hold a decent amount in both of them.

• I've just got some Schulz, his replacement scored the winner in a Dortmund game which is why I think he droppped so much?
    First choice for Germany and plenty of games for Dortmund if he is either first or second choice.
    Shouldn't be too long before he's back up towards £1 I think.

• Anyone else think Kimmich is good value as he has dropped a fair bit including another 3p today?

I have finally taken the plunge and bought for the 1st time.

• Kimmich and Werner are a must in anyones portfollio.I sold Gnabry due to ever increasing competition at bayern.

• @Metropolis Still young and I reckon his got a big move in him (possibly to the 'pool). I felt Germany were a bit tactically naive in the World Cup and am very surprised the manager kept his job. I guess winning the previous World Cup helped in that regard.

Good rise today, counters my recent Pogba losses I guess! Although I haven't sold any, hopefully he hits some form. Still 4th in the table for most opportunities created in the PL.

• Goretzka will fly up with a couple goals. Patiently waiting...

• Kimmich looks like excellent value.

I sold Werner today because he’s looking overvalued now. Had an amazing start to the season but doesn’t win MB and Germany play Netherlands and RBL play Bayern next, so can see a drop coming. I’ll be violently kicking myself if I’m wrong though!!

• @Luke How can you possibly think Werner is overvalued?! Young, linked with Liverpool constantly and banging in the goals. Leipzig at the top of the league and Werner just won PB. I don’t get it?

• @TeamGB Back of the net😉

• For the reasons I mentioned.. reckon there could be a drop coming. He’s riding on the back of a wave at the moment from his early season performances. If he does get a dip I’ll probably get back on him. To be honest I was 50/50 whether to sell or not and I went on the side of caution having been stung a few times of late when not selling near the peak.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.