Herbie Kane makes Liverpool CL Squad

• I see McEachran of Chelsea suddenly making gains. But he only made the Chelsea B squad for the CL too. Am I missing something?

• All U21 players qualify if they've been at the club 2 years or more (I only base that info off playing FM but they're usually reliable)

• @ChazFI123

A strange logic, as you generally have a better chance of playing if you're named in a squad vs being left out.

Presumably Liverpool have a lot of other players born after Jan 1998 who haven't been named? If so, why haven't they been named if there is 0 reason to leave them out?

• @ocs123 more interestingly they've given Harvey Elliot a space in the actual squad as he didn't fit the criteria for the B listed players

• @ocs123 these three players have also made the squad 'Kelleher, Larouci, Lewis' I have never heard of any of them, will they be playing in the League Cup?

• @ChazFI123

Has he been IPOed yet?

• @ChazFI123 Larouci will play in the league cup, kellaher will be on the bench as he has been in the league games. Kane will defo not play, may make the bench but can’t see it he’s a long way down the pecking order to be honest.

• @ChazFI123

Larouci is only 18, with no experience of first team / men's football, so I'd say he's less likely to feature in the League Cup than Kane, who is 20 and has a full season of competitive men's football behind him. But you never know.

Kelleher is a young back up goalkeeper - perhaps more likely to be on the bench.

Lewis is a 19 year old left back (who can also play left mid). Yes, he's likely to play in the League Cup at some point this season. Unless Liverpool want to flog Andy Robertson to death in all competitions.

I note you haven't answered my original question about why Liverpool haven't named all of their other players (born after Jan 1998) in their Champions League squad, if there is 0 reason to leave them out?

• @ocs123 Larouci played at left back in pre-season, and had more game tiume there than Adam Lewis so if they are resting Andy Robertson I reckon he has as much chance of playing as Lewis, I believe Kane is a centre mid, where Liverpool have much more cover/depth so don't think he will get much of a shout.

• @Ivor-Biscuits

Maybe, time will tell.

• @ocs123 I don't know who trains with the first team for Liverpool but I imagine they have named all players born after 1998 who train with the first team. Of course they're not going to name all their 16 and 17 year olds

• Out of interest what do you think the midfield will be for Milton Keynes if you’re so sure Kane will play? Assuming we play 4-3-3 there’s only three slots so where does he play?!!

• I'm not certain he will start - I wouldn't be certain about any particular Liverpool player starting that match!

But I think it's very likely he'll be given some time on the pitch, even if it's only 20-30 minutes off the bench. Yes, there are senior players currently ahead of him in the pecking order, but some of those have unreliable injury records and some are likely to be sold or released next Summer. I would be very surprised if Klopp doesn't use this as an opportunity to give some of the youngsters game time.

Just my opinion though and I could be wrong.

• @ocs123 Totally agree he will give youngsters game time but I reckon it’ll be Brewster, Elliot and Curtis Jones

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.