Most Overpriced Player on the Index

• I've debated doing this post for a couple of days because I don't want to bash people's holdings, but I saw someones price the other day and it just bemuses me and I can't see any justification for his price.

Reece James - £1.96 - one of the first players I bought on here at £1.28. Think he's got bags of potential and could have a big future. But I look back and think he was probably one of my luckiest trades. He's just had a big injury, he's got the Chelsea captain ahead of him at club level, then 3 excellent RBs at international level with Walker, TAA and AWB. I can understand hype around attacking midfielders and strikers because they always get hyped and get more press and exposure. But defenders already have a limited ceiling and he can't have much more room to grow. He's not even played U21 level for England yet

Who do you think is the most over priced?

• Greenwood. Entirely unjustified price at this stage of his career.

• Joao Felix scored a hat trick last season in a PB game and didn't even win top forward. I would be concerned.

• Ben Woodburn’s still hovering around the 60p mark. In League 1 and doesn’t get a competitive international game either. Lower end, but i think he’s rather overpriced.

• pogba, not won me a div for 12 days now the shyster

• @Zidave said in Most Overpriced Player on the Index:

Joao Felix scored a hat trick last season in a PB game and didn't even win top forward. I would be concerned.

I remember that. The matrix has been updated though and it would be interesting to see if under the new rules, the outcome would have been different.

• @nicky540

Well then surely now is the time to quadruple down on him!

• @Leighton agreed, he does seem extremely high, but I know he's a forum favourite so beware of the backlash!!!

• @Journey Thought exactly the same with Reece James previously - massive sum at this stage. Good shout.

• @Sutt98 plus hes actually crap.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Most Overpriced Player on the Index:

@nicky540

Well then surely now is the time to quadruple down on him!

ive topped up from 300 to 400 shares in this dip so hoping for an upturn soon, was hoping for divs from euro qualifiers then he went and broke a nail or something so thats out the window the tool

• I don't hold Greenwood but I can see people lumping on him because of FOMO and the hype surrounding him. He's 17 years old at Man Utd, getting game time and the manager has said he's the best finisher at the club. It's completely irrational but he's already won MB and will no doubt get more with first start, first goal etc.

Joao Felix, I don't hold either and his lack of PB potential is worrying but I saw a poll on twitter yesterday from the official champions league account asking which youth player will have the biggest impact in the champions league this season. Sancho, Felix, Havertz or Vinicious Junior. From 75000 votes, Felix got 48%. Those numbers completely surprised me and your average football fan is probably going to buy Felix because of how highly regarded he is, ignoring he's crap at PB.

• Arjen Robben - 19p with a 19p spread!!

• @Martyn-B haha we have a winner!!!

I mean current active (non retired) footballers

• @nicky540 There's rumours that he had a curry the other night, so he'll need a shit soon and I'm sure the Express will find a way to turn that into MB winning headlines.

• At the top of the market I’m torn between Felix and Abraham.

• @Journey said in Most Overpriced Player on the Index:

@Martyn-B haha we have a winner!!!

I mean current active (non retired) footballers

Ok, in that case I will go with Bernardo Silva £2.33. Last season KDB was injured a lot, Bernardo got the most minutes and won 0p PB. His last (and only) PB win was 1st of March 2018. Not great for MB either, with City or Portugal, from memory 1 MB win when Ronaldo was pissed that he got player of the tournament. Double checked 3 MB wins total.

Thiago Silva is a much better buy, in fact there are several Silva's that are better value.

• @Journey I agree with you about Reece James, he is probably going to have to get near TAA levels for club and country to justify his current price and the increase that'll happen once he starts playing. Chances are he'll be worse than AWB who is at a bigger club in FI terms and is currently miles ahead of him in the pecking order for his country so I don't see the value in his price at all. I don't particularly rate Bellerin but I don't think he should be less than half the price of James

• Mbappe for me. World class yes, divs machine no

• @Martyn-B Good call.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.