New IPO's - Next week.

• @Martyn-B said in New IPO's - Next week.:

@Tom77 said in New IPO's - Next week.:

To be honest existing holds can get an increase as some ipo’s just make older players look cheaper, swings and roundabouts.

Understand that in the long term, but every IPO event I have witnessed so far has been preceded by a mass sell off of the players in my portfolio. Also a large part of my strategy is PB, with more players to dilute the chances of winning IPO's aren't always a good thing.

All the best players in the world are already on though, I Don’t think it will make much difference.
    Sure there will be youngsters but if they IPO them at silly prices people just wont bother that much.

• @Martyn-B

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's the reason they do it staggered rather than all in one go. It's to keep shaving our portfolio's down.

Makes them money.

• @LukeMalla Bloody right!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• @Dan-The-Man said in New IPO's - Next week.:

@Martyn-B

Yeah... I'm pretty sure that's the reason they do it staggered rather than all in one go. It's to keep shaving our portfolio's down.

Makes them money.

Still not sure... A 24 hour IPO would normally be preceded by a 48 hour dip in my portfolio and the footie in general. A 7 day IPO might see a barely noticeable dip, or a really bad 9 days, to be repeated a month later. That is the point I was originally (rather badly) trying to make. The quality, price or age of IPO players is largely irrelevant, the IPO will attract money, and not all of it new deposits.

• @Tom77 said in New IPO's - Next week.:

@Martyn-B said in New IPO's:

Does seem fairer and sensible. Not sure of the effect on my portfolio though? Minimal drop as traders sell and hold funds or two bad weeks in the following 5 weeks?

To be honest existing holds can get an increase as some ipo’s just make older players look cheaper, swings and roundabouts.

Yeah it will encourage market growth by price comparisons.

• @Martyn-B i get your point with PB but surely its better for the platform to allow bets on all eligible players. It wouldnt look great if a bookies only let you bet on certain teams. It has to be a level playing field but with a larger data base i think they will really have to consider increased dividend payouts sooner especially once MB opens up aswell.

• Yes, and another reason to payout 3 places on triple match days I say.

• i think we need to be happy that they have communicated a much more transparent plan, even if its not completely ironed out. this is what weve all been asking for.

from a personal point of view i think this will lower my involvement in IPO's as i think you either need to be incredibly lucky now to jump on at a good entry point or literally be sitting on the app/online 24 hours a day. its incredibly likely that we will miss the boat on the majority of new players.

• @G27 said in New IPO's - Next week.:

from a personal point of view i think this will lower my involvement in IPO's as i think you either need to be incredibly lucky now to jump on at a good entry point or literally be sitting on the app/online 24 hours a day. its incredibly likely that we will miss the boat on the majority of new players.

Yeh it's shit for me... I liked knowing when they were.. I'd be ready and back myself to get a good price. Now its just pure luck.

• I’m all for ipo’s but is anyone really that interested in the players of newly promoted clubs across Europe.
    It’ll also be interesting to see the price compared to their teammates already on the index

• " prioritising adding footballers from the newly promoted teams from the top 5 leagues to the platform. We believe this should be the number one priority to enhance users experience on Match Days."

makes me think they are gearing towards the match day traders more now.

• Id rather a system where everybody had a chance to buy them to be honest.

• Camavinga is going to be a 3am drop

• That's main one were all after!!!!

• @speedloafer said in New IPO's - Next week.:

Id rather a system where everybody had a chance to buy them to be honest.

They have done that, did you not read the email?

No dates, no time. Just pure luck if your on when one drops at any point over the week.

• This is a great move IMHO.

• @Ralph-Wiggum said in New IPO's - Next week.:

" prioritising adding footballers from the newly promoted teams from the top 5 leagues to the platform. We believe this should be the number one priority to enhance users experience on Match Days."

makes me think they are gearing towards the match day traders more now.

Nah lying through their teeth, if that was the priority it would have come before thiago almada etc. Hollow words... Means they haven't decided the best of the rest yet and the promoted players are an easy flog with very little chance of winning divs

• @Vespasian32 said in New IPO's - Next week.:

Means they haven't decided the best of the rest yet and the promoted players are an easy flog with very little chance of winning divs

But people will still go after them anyway I imagine!

• Make money from your football knowledge

• @speedloafer we do, but thanks for the reminder

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.