new user advice

• morning all, ive always like a acca bet at the bookies but this is the first time ive tried trading in anyway.

ive set up, so far ive bought £50 worth of shares spread across 12 players.

ive no real knowledge of trading and just sussing it out at moment .

can you offer any beginners advice with a view of having a good profit within a year if this is possible ?

• Welcome to the index.

Firstly, change your user name so you can be identified in future. Are you able to screenshot your portfolio onto a reply below?

For me, patience is key otherwise you are paying lots of commission. Always try to market sell for the best price but utilise IS if a player gets a bad injury or moves to a non PB league.

Log onto www.footyindexscout.co.uk as there is good levels of information regarding player performance and upcoming fixtures for free.

Lastly for now, read the rules and understand the dividends if not done so already.

Plenty of good traders on here who will offer good advice.

Good Luck.

• @NewUser433792 Do not chase rises. Familiarise yourself with the win mechanics and play with relatively small money until you’ve got a feel for the market and it’s tendencies.

• @NewUser433792 firstly, with the market being seemingly volatile since the start of the season,dont panic sell if your players drop. There are cycles on here. Usually a drop off after a weekend round of fixtures. Try to plan ahead and research players and fixtures to maximise any on play divs. Good luck!

• For £50 you must have spread yourself very thinly over 12 players.

I'd recommend buying just one or two players with that budget & buying more shares.

But probably not such a bad idea though as you're new, it will allow to watch a wider section of the market.

As you get more used to the platform you will come to my conclusion yourself.

Read the forum, listen to advice & make sure you read the "all things football index" thread.

Have fun. 👍

• @NewUser433792 said in new user advice:

morning all, ive always like a acca bet at the bookies but this is the first time ive tried trading in anyway.

ive set up, so far ive bought £50 worth of shares spread across 12 players.

ive no real knowledge of trading and just sussing it out at moment .

can you offer any beginners advice with a view of having a good profit within a year if this is possible ?

I think its a wise move, you should concentrate on seeing what happens to them and why. I think as a beginner its a good strategy and will help you learn what happens.
    When you get a bit more confident then you can start putting more money in players.

• That's actually exactly what I did to begin with. £50 spread in single shares over a few players. Think I had about 18 though as most were young and unheralded.

Just take your time before going big, I've put almost 11k in now which was not the plan initially 😁

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.