Changing share prices

• So from my understanding that to increase a player share by 1p, all that needs to happen is for 900 shares to be bought. But what is it for selling? So is it 900 shares to be listed for a share to go down 1p, or is it 900 shares market/instant sold for it to go down 1p?

• @Andy yes you are correct however I don’t think market shares drop anything as someone else is buying you shares however 900 IS drops a share 1 pence

• @jay so only instant selling has the ability to decrease the price of a share? Market selling and listing on market will not decrease share price?

• @Andy It depends on the size of the sell queue for a specific player. Listing 900 shares would drop that player 1p - only to see that 1p return to his price again once those 900 shares were sold, assuming no-one else was listing at the same time.

• @LukeMalla ok I get that, so it’s shares listed and instant selling that decrease the price? Then when the market shares are bought, price will go back up if enough are bought?

• @Andy regardless of how it is done, selling/listing 900 shares in one player = -1p. Buying 900 shares in one player = +1p.

• @Andy well you do sell the share however someone else is buying it so effectively it is cancelled out as one sale and one buy if that makes sense

• @jay so if say 10 traders list 900 shares each, the price drops 10p but then 1 trader buys 900 its then only dropped 9p.

• @GwedLid said in Changing share prices:

@jay so if say 10 traders list 900 shares each, the price drops 10p but then 1 trader buys 900 its then only dropped 9p.

Hang on, let me double check... 10-1 = 9

Yep got the same figure 👍

• @Vespasian32 thanks for that, the point was that all shares listed aren't always sold. The previous posts weren't particularly clear and the way I read it would mean that no prices would ever drop.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.