Do we really want FI to develop a free super stat database of everything?

• Or should they keep it minimal and let traders go and do their own research?

• More stats = less tabs I have open. Makes things user friendly, can't have any complaints.

• @Ollie why would they do this exactly? As I keep saying, they WANT confusion and quick selling and buying so they make commission. They don't want fully educated traders who buy the best PB players and hold them for years on end.

• Expect they are think about introducing it as a paid option. The new beta had a stats link I seem to recall.

• I think opening up PB & MB history + the underlying associated scores data would be nice.

People would still need to come to thier own conclusions on whether someone is a good future buy.

• @Ollie said in Do we really want FI to develop a free super stat database of everything?:

Or should they keep it minimal and let traders go and do their own research?

You can use statistics to support almost any point of view/opinion, especially in football.

I don't believe FI should be giving us any statistical information, and users should be looking at applications independent of the platform for their statistical needs.

Otherwise it will end up like 'Tom's tip of the day', which I despise, and feel was an accepted market manipulation by the platform itself.

'Tom's tip of the day!!'

• today eric dier is going to rise as his face always looks as if he is staring at the sun, even in a darkened room. 😖

6 hours later, Eric Dier rises 6p, and the platform declares Tom a football index mystic.

Absolute nonsense. 💩

The index needs to be neutral and not deliberately influencing users on who to buy.

• @johnboywalker Agree with all you say there but..... as long as they aren't suggesting players that may rise in value, I'm all for free stats and data thats easily accessible from the new Beta web site without having to pay for the info.

You can use all the stats in the world but they wont find you the latest young player about to burst onto the scene as there wont be any stats.

Finding the next AWB, CHO, Maddison at a cheap price will likely give a greater return than only using a stats based approach. I appreciate that these days players like this are harder to find because as soon as players with potential hit 15/16 years old the media has already suggested that they are the new Messi, Ronaldo Etc......

• @johnboywalker said in Do we really want FI to develop a free super stat database of everything?:

@Ollie said in Do we really want FI to develop a free super stat database of everything?:

Or should they keep it minimal and let traders go and do their own research?

You can use statistics to support almost any point of view/opinion, especially in football.

I don't believe FI should be giving us any statistical information, and users should be looking at applications independent of the platform for their statistical needs.

Otherwise it will end up like 'Tom's tip of the day', which I despise, and feel was an accepted market manipulation by the platform itself.

'Tom's tip of the day!!'

• today eric dier is going to rise as his face always looks as if he is staring at the sun, even in a darkened room. 😖

6 hours later, Eric Dier rises 6p, and the platform declares Tom a football index mystic.

Absolute nonsense. 💩

The index needs to be neutral and not deliberately influencing users on who to buy.

Agreed. This is a gambling site at the end of the day and it is down to individuals to do their own research and not FI to provide it. There are plenty of data providers for those who bet on football as the bookies provide very little data for a punter to decide who they are going to bet on. In my opinion, FI should be no different and it is down to individuals what tools, data providers (if any) they use.

• @Long-Haul-Col

Yeah, I agree with most of that.

I like free stuff ...

My concern is that FI would not remain impartial, and would somehow manage to use the stats as a vehicle for pumping players or influencing users on who to buy ... just like they do with 'Tom's tip o the day'.

I'm all for free stats. Just not from FI.

• I think FI should definitely include some free basic stats on a players profile - last 3 PB scores, PB average and some MB history.

No good telling new customers to target dividend winners but not directly give some indication as to who they are (except for yesterday’s winners). Similar to how many betting sites show last 5 results of teams etc.

More in dept stats can always be available via a 3rd party site.

• If FI want to market themselves as more of a serious 'market' than a simple gambling platform, then yes absolutely they should be providing a full history of relevant metrics for each player (price, MB, PB, IPD) to enable users to make more informed decisions.

The data currently provided by FI (sourced from Opta) is laughable: height, weight, shirt number, birth place.
    None of these would be a factor in determining whether to buy futures in a player.

Would be more interested in seeing information such as 'number of holders' a player has or 'last date a player was traded'.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.