Trading strategy

• Had an awful international period with a few players due to these god awful spreads.

Decided to just take the hit and IS and take a small loss.. even though each player was actually in the green.

The way things are going with all these crap IPOs I think it’s just easier for now to stick to the safe ish holds.

Anyone else had the same idea...

• Which players did you IS.

• Why was it awful ?

Don't the players have more games coming up?

Did you have to instant sell ?

• @Sonnyjim what were you expecting when buying players and flipping quickly? Were you expecting them to rise 20p during internationals and IS for a tiny profit? Was never gonna happen

• @Tom77 Too many playing the very short term ie 1 bloody game.
    Thats all these international games are really,just a quick flip but so many buying players expecting them to play and if they don't they just IS them.
    Just not getting involved.
    Each to their own and on occasions it will work for some but for me roll on next weekend😉

• @Gazz127 I honestly don’t get people who do that during internationals. No way is a player gonna rise enough for you to IS at a profit. I have no sympathy for anyone that complains about it. Use a bit of logic and it’s not hard to figure out

• @Gazz127 said in Trading strategy:

@Tom77 Too many playing the very short term ie 1 bloody game.
    Thats all these international games are really,just a quick flip but so many buying players expecting them to play and if they don't they just IS them.
    Just not getting involved.
    Each to their own and on occasions it will work for some but for me roll on next weekend😉

If you have the right players it's no different to a Europe's or champions league game. No need to flip anyone in the very short term.

really don't think people know how to trade and need to think about things a bit more.

• These were all sub 40p and they a few of them went up between 10/20% a couple weeks back but haven’t moved a penny since even during international games etc.

When buying it wasn’t my intention to quick Flip but after watching them play I’ve realised they are not for me and I’d rather someone buy someone before next weekend.

My point is being 20% up on a cheap player is pointless if you can’t sell them to market.

We are not talking about IS top players because they didn’t score etc.

• @Andy these were players I bought a while back that were good value considering they play international football.
    The past week was a chance for me to take a look and decide if I could see potential in them to rise further.
    Was never buying sub 40p players hoping they would score and then flip them.
    That’s madness.

• @Sonnyjim The best strategy imo especially whilst the platform is growing is long term holds (CA). 95% of my port is made up of these sort of players.

• @Sonnyjim that’s what you get when you short trade! I don’t understand why people are obsessed with it, stick to the long holds

• Completely agree with a lot of people above. Best to stick to long holds, these short trades really distort the market. I topped up additional shares on Sterling just before England game, he scored and assisted yet now he is almost 10p down a share since. I am just waiting rather than panicking but really hope that the short term strategists stop whilst the platform hopefully continues growing.

• @FarkeBall-Index not really, a lot of people have made a lot of money from short trading.
    My point is that the past couple of weeks the game has changed.
    Now I will still away from it.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.