Timo Werner

• @ChazFI123 just a quick google, must be just showing competitive games 🤷‍♂️
    @dean73 as above, how is he playing 2nd fiddle, I do agree he needs to improve his finishing for Germany but he’s still young

• @Uncle-G How is he playing 2nd fiddle? Well, how about Gnabry starting every qualifier and Werner starting just one? Or did Google not tell you that? 😏😉

• @dean73 😂 thought you meant tonight, I’m just happy I’ve got lots of De Bruyne & Halstenbergs 😁

• @Uncle-G Tonight isn't too different tbh. Gnabry plays the full 90 and scores, Werner is hoiked midway through the 2nd half and ends up with a mahoosive 43 PB (Gnabry with exactly 3x that).
    I hold neither and actually like Werner and dislike Gnabry.
    But you gotta say it like you see it

• @dean73 agree mate Werner had a poor game tonight & Gnabry’s was a good finish but, when Werner decides to bring his club play to International we should see a different outcome

• @Uncle-G And until that happens, he'll remain a bit iffy imo.
    A change of manager for Germany might sort that out though

• I think Timo struggles to play alone up front, which may be why alarm bells ring for Liverpool and they didn't go for him? He likes to chase through balls and doesn't like playing deep. The CF seems to have to come deep for the ball with Germany's tactics and that doesn't suit his skill-set.

• I havent seen a lot of Werner playing but I have done a lot of research on him and the picture I've built up is that hes a young Antoine Griezmann.

He can score some big PB's like Griezmann and seems to be able to play across the front line like Griezmann.

Heres Griezmann's heat map for the season so far according to sofascore

0_1571808923928_Screenshot_20191023-062319_SofaScore.jpg

Heres Werners

0_1571808945413_Screenshot_20191023-062351_SofaScore.jpg

Heres a direct comparison of their attributes/playing styles

0_1571808995596_Screenshot_20191023-062455_SofaScore.jpg

If you look at their stats for the season on sofascore there are further similarities.

Heres Greizmann's top 5 PB scores according to FIS

0_1571809220858_Screenshot_20191023-063842_Chrome.jpg

Heres Werners

0_1571809241220_Screenshot_20191023-063818_Chrome.jpg

Heres Griezmann's strengths and (lack of) weaknesses according to whoscored

0_1571810475131_Screenshot_20191023-065831_Chrome.jpg

Heres Werner's

0_1571810494698_Screenshot_20191023-065907_Chrome.jpg

It seems that at present Greizmann is a little stronger in all departments but obviously Werner has youth on his side and has yet to hit his peak you would think. He also has a big move in him, where Griezmann probably does not

I know these cant tell the full story but that's why I'm asking the question. At present I hold Griezmann and am seriously thinking about adding Werner to my port but would appreciate some insight from people who know more about him. Maybe @Antierror, but anyone else as well. @Zola25 I'll say it for u, Reus is better value, cheers

• @MickTurbo Werner for me is one of my players I wont sell under any cicumstances

• @MrWh1te so do i take it you've watched a fair bit of him? And if so, how accurate or otherwise am I with the Griezmann comparison?

I suppose whethervim right or not, he appears a solid buy but I just want as full a picture as I can get cos I dont generally buy players I havent watched, at least not fairly expensive ones

• @MickTurbo
    I haven't watched him as in see him play.
    But I do follow his stats closely (I tend not to watch the players I own unless they are PL, I find just looking at stats keeps me more focused).

He ticks all the boxes for me:

1. Young and already playing
    2. Gets good scores and earns divs
    3. Has a great shot sooner or later of a big team move (Liverpool seem favourite, but United being linked now, though cant see United happening)
    4. Seems fairly popular on the forums/social media

• I don’t think griezmann is anything like Werner.

Griezmann would be feeding a player like Werner If they played in the same team.

Werner is a Genuine counter attack speedster.

• Yeah Werner is first and for most a goalscorer who can play a bit - mayb like a Michael Owen

Griezmann is a playmaker no.10 who scores but is far more involved in all round play.

Mayb in stats but in real life not alike at all.

• Seems to be a natural goalscorer. Recently signed a new contract with R B Leipzig, but don't let that put you off as there is a ridiculously low 'release clause' of £27 million.
    Wouldn't surprise me to see a move in January. Bayern Munich, Liverpool and more recently Man Utd have all been linked.
    The more interested, the more media stories!

• He’s not even nearly as good technically as Griezmann. His stats are more impressive than he is on the eye for sure but the stats are what’s important here and they do look good for a young forward.

• I thought it was nailed on for a Bayern transfer next summer? Almost agreed in principle this summer.
    Liverpool and United links are just papers talking?

• @MickTurbo Always forget how young he actually is in the end, he has been around for number of years already by now.

He is overall a very pacy player and strong in running. Brilliant dribbler and awareness for the space/pocket. He like's the quick counter attacks and/or finishing within the box. Most of his goals are within the box.
    Due to his youth, he still has a lot of potential to grow stronger, especially under a manager such as Nagelsmann. Currently he is a good finisher but especially in the National dress he isn't as clinical as he could be.
    This video is a decent collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1swho3K9U just ignore the goal against Hamburg, I believe that is photoshopped...

Griezmann on the other hand is more creative, bit more the playmaker as mentioned by @Chap

There is definitely a transfer left in Werner, but he always said even before he extended his contract, that he will at least play one full season under Nagelsmann. So there be 100% no Wintertransfer and what happens next summer is everyone's guess... Munich has other problems than a striker with Lewandowski up front and they signed Arp this summer from Hamburg, which is pretty similar. Werner said that there was only one club in Germany, but never denied leaving Germany.

When I joined Werner was 1,86£ and he was definitely value at that stage. Now he is 2,77£ most likely has the transfer already factored in. So don't see much more CAP anymore but there is potential for PB especially single (bronze) days.

Saying this all, never owned Werner, don't do it now and find 2,77£ for my own port too pricy.

• @MickTurbo
    "would appreciate some insight from people who know more about him. Maybe @Antierror, but anyone else as well. @Zola25I'll say it for u, Reus is better value, cheers"

🤣🤣😂😂💪👍😎 made me laugh

• Thanks everyone. Maybe I wont dive in just yet but will continue to follow him

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.