The rise & fall of Paul Pogba

• @Ericali Why will he only depreciate in value, 50p in dividends? he returned more than £2 over 12 months. Who's to say he won't stay at United for years being the top media player every year, or is he a certainty to leave next summer just like you said he was this summer 🙄

• @NallyCat He might still be at Utd but where is that post summer transfer window price of £7.50-£8.00 that many were predicting🤔
    Top end players are not flavour of the month we know but Pog never had even the slightest of relief rallies.

• @Gazz127 Logic suggested he would recover when it became certain he would stay and be one of if not the top MB player this season, even the vast majority of traders who had sold up or never held admitted as much, it's a baffling one.

• @NallyCat it's the IPO's and the injury. Every players price suffers when they get an injury, bar none. Then people want funds for IPO's and it's a double whammy for pog. Hes expensive therefore people will only need to sell a few in order to raise enough cash to buy a good number of some absolute donkey who's just appeared on the index. But when thousands of people are IS'ing just 10 or 20 or 30 of pog, theres gonna be a big drop. The money will come back

• @MickTurbo I do agree the spate of ipo's past couple of weeks has not helped.
    Saw a trader dump 500 Rashford just to buy a couple of lowly German and Spanish ipo players yesterday.
    It has effected the market to a degree.

• @Gazz127 madness mate. Hes took a £150 hit to buy probably about 5000 of an absolute nobody that's gonna probably have a >10% spread. Hes probably looked at the likes of almada and ihatteran and expected something similar but to be fair, somebody who's got 500 rashfords really should know better, they must be a fairly big trader

• More money out of Pogba into Sancho...

• @NallyCat said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali Why will he only depreciate in value, 50p in dividends? he returned more than £2 over 12 months. Who's to say he won't stay at United for years being the top media player every year, or is he a certainty to leave next summer just like you said he was this summer 🙄

He could leave in January @NallyCat doesn't even have to be next summer, I suppose it's all dependant on whether United can get an adequate replacement in? 🤔

I did believe he would leave this summer, it's clear him & his agent both wanted too, a good percentage of the fans would have been glad for him to do so too, but effectively United put a block on it.

What's clear is the longer we keep an asset that doesn't want to be there the more that asset will depreciate in value. So the money men will eventually make a call on his future if he doesn't sign this new contract.

This is what's stopping others from investing new money into him & why he isn't getting any rises.

His graph has been static or declining for the past 6 months, with him wanting to move being the biggest cause.

But other factors have played a part too:-

• No Jose to get the daily MB.
    • The triple media being cut in favour of PB in the international breaks
    • His scored about 8 pens last year. He now shares them with Rashford, which will harm his goal tally
    • OGS playing him in a 2 in a deeper lying midfield role, potentially hurting his PB scores.

You also have to factor in many people just don't have the money to afford Pogba in any great bulk.

For him to go up for £7 to £8 represents a 14% rise, which can quite easily be made from many other players without the risk.

For me, he currently just doesn't represent value for money.

P.S. Plus as a fan, I don't want anyone at Old Trafford who doesn't want to be there. They can F-off. 👍

• @Ericali I can’t handle all this doom and gloom 😁

• @Ericali Damn man doesnt help that every time you post something about Pogba people just IS him , everybody listens to you .. Can you just start pumping his tiers for a bit so he goes back to 7 and after you can even rhyme utter shit on him or whatever 😂

• @Ericali I think the 50p dividends comment proved how excessively biased you are against him mate, who will return more MB and have a higher dividend yield % if you know who represents value for money then?

• When will this stop

• @NallyCat said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali I think the 50p dividends comment proved how excessively biased you are against him mate, who will return more MB and have a higher dividend yield % if you know who represents value for money then?

To answer your question Neymar represents better value. Won more media over the summer, scores more goals & posts higher PB scores.

I don't hold him either, but he's comparable in price.

As for the dividend yields, that's another can of worms - plenty of players get higher dividends yields comparable to price. Maguire, Lukaku over the summer for a start.

That's not even touching capital appreciation where many, many players had over 50% rises in a two, three month period.

Pogba made 66p over the extended media madness over the summer months which paid out the top 5 places. In the same time period he dropped 70p on his share price. So all share holders were -4p at the end of the summer promotion. That's despite him being in the top 5 most days.

His share price has dropped further since the promotion ended & he's not won the MB for a while either.

• Bit of an anti pump going on here. Pagey and zola get grief, I admit I've had a pop at zola, but this kind of thing seems to escape. @Ericali if you're happy to be out of pog then fair play, but it seems like you've got a bit of an agenda at this point.

Cant see what somebody gains from throwing fuel on the fire personally. As I've said, I'm still perfectly happy to hold pog, but there will undoubtedly be ppl with significant money in pog who are a bit panicked at the minute

• @Ericali sorry to say this mate, but you are quite the stirrer on here. I’ve been united for 37 years also and you should back your players. You are so negative about pogba and people are listening to you. They shouldn’t be as you’re wrong. You were wrong during the summer when you said over and over he would leave and you’ll be wrong now. Mark my words. You probably think Cantona was a better signing than Zidane also..

• @Sol I certainly do - we never signed Zidane 😉

• @MickTurbo agreed. Ericali does have an agenda. No question. So bitter and negative. Has the nerve to say he supports the club also. Pogba has been United’s best player. No debate needed.

• @Ericali I know that. Ferguson had the option of either/or and he chose Cantona. Cantona was great. Zidane IS a legend.

• @MickTurbo if you look over the Pogba threads over the past 3 months you will be hard pressed to find 10 posts from me about Pogba.

I've predominantly stayed out of the debate so can't be accused of creating mass panic.

• @Ericali said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@MickTurbo if you look over the Pogba threads over the past 3 months you will be hard pressed to find 10 posts from me about Pogba.

I've predominantly stayed out of the debate so can't be accused of creating mass panic.

You say that, but I see otherwise. Shame really.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.