The rise & fall of Paul Pogba

• More money out of Pogba into Sancho...

• @NallyCat said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali Why will he only depreciate in value, 50p in dividends? he returned more than £2 over 12 months. Who's to say he won't stay at United for years being the top media player every year, or is he a certainty to leave next summer just like you said he was this summer 🙄

He could leave in January @NallyCat doesn't even have to be next summer, I suppose it's all dependant on whether United can get an adequate replacement in? 🤔

I did believe he would leave this summer, it's clear him & his agent both wanted too, a good percentage of the fans would have been glad for him to do so too, but effectively United put a block on it.

What's clear is the longer we keep an asset that doesn't want to be there the more that asset will depreciate in value. So the money men will eventually make a call on his future if he doesn't sign this new contract.

This is what's stopping others from investing new money into him & why he isn't getting any rises.

His graph has been static or declining for the past 6 months, with him wanting to move being the biggest cause.

But other factors have played a part too:-

• No Jose to get the daily MB.
    • The triple media being cut in favour of PB in the international breaks
    • His scored about 8 pens last year. He now shares them with Rashford, which will harm his goal tally
    • OGS playing him in a 2 in a deeper lying midfield role, potentially hurting his PB scores.

You also have to factor in many people just don't have the money to afford Pogba in any great bulk.

For him to go up for £7 to £8 represents a 14% rise, which can quite easily be made from many other players without the risk.

For me, he currently just doesn't represent value for money.

P.S. Plus as a fan, I don't want anyone at Old Trafford who doesn't want to be there. They can F-off. 👍

• @Ericali I can’t handle all this doom and gloom 😁

• @Ericali Damn man doesnt help that every time you post something about Pogba people just IS him , everybody listens to you .. Can you just start pumping his tiers for a bit so he goes back to 7 and after you can even rhyme utter shit on him or whatever 😂

• @Ericali I think the 50p dividends comment proved how excessively biased you are against him mate, who will return more MB and have a higher dividend yield % if you know who represents value for money then?

• When will this stop

• @NallyCat said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali I think the 50p dividends comment proved how excessively biased you are against him mate, who will return more MB and have a higher dividend yield % if you know who represents value for money then?

To answer your question Neymar represents better value. Won more media over the summer, scores more goals & posts higher PB scores.

I don't hold him either, but he's comparable in price.

As for the dividend yields, that's another can of worms - plenty of players get higher dividends yields comparable to price. Maguire, Lukaku over the summer for a start.

That's not even touching capital appreciation where many, many players had over 50% rises in a two, three month period.

Pogba made 66p over the extended media madness over the summer months which paid out the top 5 places. In the same time period he dropped 70p on his share price. So all share holders were -4p at the end of the summer promotion. That's despite him being in the top 5 most days.

His share price has dropped further since the promotion ended & he's not won the MB for a while either.

• Bit of an anti pump going on here. Pagey and zola get grief, I admit I've had a pop at zola, but this kind of thing seems to escape. @Ericali if you're happy to be out of pog then fair play, but it seems like you've got a bit of an agenda at this point.

Cant see what somebody gains from throwing fuel on the fire personally. As I've said, I'm still perfectly happy to hold pog, but there will undoubtedly be ppl with significant money in pog who are a bit panicked at the minute

• @Ericali sorry to say this mate, but you are quite the stirrer on here. I’ve been united for 37 years also and you should back your players. You are so negative about pogba and people are listening to you. They shouldn’t be as you’re wrong. You were wrong during the summer when you said over and over he would leave and you’ll be wrong now. Mark my words. You probably think Cantona was a better signing than Zidane also..

• @Sol I certainly do - we never signed Zidane 😉

• @MickTurbo agreed. Ericali does have an agenda. No question. So bitter and negative. Has the nerve to say he supports the club also. Pogba has been United’s best player. No debate needed.

• @Ericali I know that. Ferguson had the option of either/or and he chose Cantona. Cantona was great. Zidane IS a legend.

• @MickTurbo if you look over the Pogba threads over the past 3 months you will be hard pressed to find 10 posts from me about Pogba.

I've predominantly stayed out of the debate so can't be accused of creating mass panic.

• @Ericali said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@MickTurbo if you look over the Pogba threads over the past 3 months you will be hard pressed to find 10 posts from me about Pogba.

I've predominantly stayed out of the debate so can't be accused of creating mass panic.

You say that, but I see otherwise. Shame really.

• @Sol said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali I know that. Ferguson had the option of either/or and he chose Cantona. Cantona was great. Zidane IS a legend.

Wrong.

Cantona kind of recommended Zidane, Cantona was at the club in '92, we didn't look at Zidane until about '95.

Cantona was the biggest icon at the club since George Best.

If you followed the club as long as you said, you would know this. 👍

• @Sol said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@Ericali said in The rise & fall of Paul Pogba:

@MickTurbo if you look over the Pogba threads over the past 3 months you will be hard pressed to find 10 posts from me about Pogba.

You say that, but I see otherwise. Shame really.

Must be seeing double then.... Lay off the spirits. 😎

• @Ericali is correct tho... Pogba has earned a tonne of divs but unfortunately this has been offset by equal, or currently slightly more... Loss in price. Not enough to justify these people losing 50p in spread.

In terms of yield... Hes being a bit Dan in his timescales when referring to Lukaku. This is very shortsighted. Over a significant time frame pogba is excellent yield... And this current price is a joke. Another reason not to worry as a few div wins will boost him back up.

Where I disagree with Eric is his perfect hindsight vision... He said a while back he sold because he was 100% sure pogba was leaving... But would rocket if he stayed and even he might buy back in. He seems to have forgotten this... There have been new variables long after his decision to sell that have affected Pogbas price. These are short term problems.... Ipos, the injury, general market downturn etc.

Pogba has generated a partisan atmosphere between holders and dumpers so every thread that opens will have staunch defenders.... Myself, @MickTurbo , @NallyCat, @Sol et Al. And it's detractors... @Ericali and @Tom77 (aka eyore).

I think that's why these threads have become so boring to level headed centrists like @janner73

My bet is Eric will buy back into Pogba long before I sell ☺

• @Ericali I didnt go as far as to say you were spreading mass panic. But without trawling through threads I would have to disagree that you havent made 10 posts.

Just seems like you're head working people and seems strange for a none holder. For example, I dont hold neymar, I have definitely mentioned him once or twice but very few and far between. I believe you do hold neymar and I suspect your agenda is based on the reasoning that money coming out of pog will go into neymar.

I'm not spoiling for a fight or owt like that but it does seem that way to me

• Everyone is entitled to an opinion wheather u hold that player or not. 1 month ago I had a choice between Pogba and neymar so went with who I think is the better player and also from peoples opinions on here who claim neymar is a bit of a pb beast. Seems like I made the right choice at this moment in time and as I’m only new on here I get the impression because of Utd being shit last year and also a very public fallout between Jose and Pogba that allowed Pogba to clean up on Mb so taking that into consideration this year he’s not gonna return the same amount of divs. BUT in football things can change with a blink of an eye so for u Pogba holders let’s hope Utd are shit again this year and Pogba has a very public fallout with anyone but if that don’t happen I’d expect his price to drop more. This is probably the 3rd time I’ve commented on a Pogba thread and each time I’ve said I expect him to drop a little more and he has! unfortunately I still think the same but do wish for u holders he 🚀🚀🚀 good luck

• @MickTurbo can honestly say I don't hold Neymar. Worries with his injuries & the fact Brazilians are usually on the scrapheap by 30.

The dearest player I own is sub £3. I've mentioned it on threads before.

The value is lower down the market & that's where I'm choosing to operate with my cash. 💰

I'm simply pointing out why no new cash is coming in for Pogba.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.