Sancho the new PB beast

• A cheeky little PB dividend for Sancho tonight. He's had a couple of near misses so good to see him finally make it. First of many :)

• Sancho needed this PB win, big time.

• Flashscore credit him with an assist for the OG, will that be paid as an IPD?

• On course for MB/PB double today, 5 much needed pence per share to help justify his price!

• He’s finally posting some very healthy PB scores. The updated PB metric has helped him as well.

• Just seen the 'Arsene Wenger claims he tried to sign Jadon Sancho' articles - is he just winding us all up now?

Even now he is out of management he is still coming out with this 'we nearly signed him' bollocks every time a top player emerges.

• Last week it was ronaldo and messi he could've signed

• "Zlatan does not do auditions"

• he won with 2 goals. a assist and game winning goal and still only a score of 225 - a little worrying - if remains a MF he won't be winning too many.
    Saying that he wasn't that involved in the game and still scored so I would imagine normally/he will be more involved

• @Chap I wouldn't call that "worrying", I would call it an excellent performance that has seen him deservedly winning his first PB divs. I don't think there's anything much to worry about if a player relies on scoring and assisting in order to win PB - that's how Ronaldo gets most of his. If that is what they do, then they will win PB that way rather than having huge PB base scores or completing 100 passes in a game. There is more than one way to skin the PB cat.

Sancho has so far got 3 goals and 3 assists in 4 club games, and if he continues this sort of form he will be up there for PB on a regular basis throughout the season.

And remember, even Messi doesn't post monumental PB scores every single week - plenty of players have quiet games.

• @Chap said in Sancho the new PB beast:

he won with 2 goals. a assist and game winning goal and still only a score of 225 - a little worrying - if remains a MF he won't be winning too many.
    Saying that he wasn't that involved in the game and still scored so I would imagine normally/he will be more involved

If 3 score over 200 from 5 games played with a second place and a win is worrying then 90% of the index is screwed :)

• @janner73 Ha - yeah i love this. Same sort of argument people make about Sterling, or Kane, saying that if they aren't scoring or assisting then their PB scores are "worrying". Well thankfully Sterling's averaging more than a goal a game this season and Kane is more or less guaranteed to score 30+ in a regular season, with several big match winning displays.

They can't all be Ever Banega or Dani Parejo racking up 150 passes in a match - nor should they be - there are plenty of ways to win PB!

• @Wotabeast said in Sancho the new PB beast:

@janner73 Ha - yeah i love this. Same sort of argument people make about Sterling, or Kane, saying that if they aren't scoring or assisting then their PB scores are "worrying". Well thankfully Sterling's averaging more than a goal a game this season and Kane is more or less guaranteed to score 30+ in a regular season, with several big match winning displays.

They can't all be Ever Banega or Dani Parejo racking up 150 passes in a match - nor should they be - there are plenty of ways to win PB!

That is true but on a treble day its very hard, 300 is going to be standard for a forward or mid imo and sterling /sancho wont get that.
    Tiered pb is needed imo.

• @Wotabeast Makes me laugh - Kane has 2 PB wins already this season and there'll be a good few more to come. Sterling was regularly mr unlucky last season and he'll win plenty this season. Yet people will happily buy Lukaku who has considerably worse PB than both and scraped a single day win with a score of under 150 :)

• @janner73 Yeah - and considering Kane is likely to get a couple of hattricks, a few braces and plenty of game winning goals in any given season, he is a great shout for PB.

• @Tom77 I would be surprised if 300 is a standard winning score on a treble day. We have seen a few monster scores with big teams playing against weak opposition, but i would be surprised if 300 was needed to win PB on a majority of triple match days. We will have to see.

• @Wotabeast said in Sancho the new PB beast:

@Tom77 I would be surprised if 300 is a standard winning score on a treble day. We have seen a few monster scores with big teams playing against weak opposition, but i would be surprised if 300 was needed to win PB on a majority of triple match days. We will have to see.

The new matrix has hinted to big scores.
    349 Parejo
    302 insigni
    299 sabitzer
    275 KBD
    Not including internationals.

• Yeah all im saying is ill be surprised if 225 will win often & when u got assist two goals and game winning goal you should expect a higher score in this new scoring system

• @Tom77 Yeah right

Insgine 2 assist and 2 goals - so one more assist but NO game winning goal and scored 300+

• When FI redid the PB matrix they mainly just added new ways of scoring that weren't recorded so far, like key passes, so basically it's a boost to everyone. PB scores will be higher this season than last season, and so average winning scores will need to be higher.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a score over 400 this season.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.