Should in play dividends be higher?

• Tiered PB would get my vote, with IPDs left as they are.

• IPD’s need no kind of increase, it wont only push away long term holders it will reduce the longevity of the platform as more people get burned and leave. PB needs somekind of increase to improve trading behaviour and prices. It will also improve peoples enjoyment of the platform. iPD’s should be seen as a bonus period on youre investment. I see them like a new customer offer every time i add a new player to my portfolio i dont want them reducing the appeal of regular dividends

• PB and MB separately in each of the 5 leagues.
    Star player over all of them.
    People could win divs from all leagues or choose one for which they think they can do best in.

• @Doug-s i gave this some thought before but it wouldnt work as it would just cause the EPL to suffer as its more competitive. People would just buy the players in the the dominant teams in the less competitive leagues. Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi would win dividends nearly every week as they would no longer compete against each other for PB

• @Black-wolf I vote for the tiered PB system @Yellow suggested. I quite like that idea

• @Andy me too. Simply because it suits my large diverse portfolio. A straight foward dividend increase will benefit some people sometimes but adding tiers could result those who hold a lot of players getting a lot more wins more often. Having tiers suits diverse portfolio’s a lot more than large holdings of individual players

• @Black-wolf

I am onboard with the idea but that is almost a doubling in divs, something lower for each position might be more realistic. Wouldn't mind seeing star man divs ditched in order to facilitate the spreading out across top three places.

• @Burial said in Should in play dividends be higher?:

@Black-wolf

I am onboard with the idea but that is almost a doubling in divs, something lower for each position might be more realistic. Wouldn't mind seeing star man divs ditched in order to facilitate the spreading out across top three places.

If you're referring to my post, then I only put those amounts in as an example. The higher the dividends the better, and we all should be asking FI for the largest increase in dividends possible. If they did tiered PB, it's obviously up to FI to work out an affordable structure.

• @Yellow Don’t see it but what a boost to the market if it was announced. Big bucks coming in, particularly on those high baseline, rare goal scoring players.

• If all my players could have a clean shit then I would clean up, literally.

Seriously, though as a long term investor I would not want in play dividends to be increased as this promotes short term buy/sell which has promoted part of the current period of stagnation.

I think at the current level it is clearly attractive to some but an increase would totally change the FI dynamic.

If they are going to increase dividends, then IMO they need to increase dividends across the board so that investors are not left holding players that become devalued instantly.

But..... FI has never done that since I have been on here so let's wait and see.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.