Should I keep one future in each player?

• So. I need to extract pretty much all of my money from FI for house renovations. I've made about 40% in 8 or so months, with most of my cash going in in dribs and drabs, so I'm pretty happy with that. And obviously I will start putting in again once the house is up to scratch.

My question is, should I keep one future in each player, or am I just setting myself up for depression when I log back in and see how much I could have made. 😂.

What would you do?

• If I were doing it, I'd take the value of 1 share in each player and have that amount of money in one player. Pref young(well, under 25), non prem league and with a contract expiring in next few years.

Means that if you decide not to return, one button press instant sells, and essentially it turns it into a standard bet. 1 share in each player isn't going to see any worthwhile gains.

Obviously, usual caveat of if you can afford to lose is if something catastrophic happens to the player

• @Moukoko it was more just as an exercise so thatbi could see how my players would have performed if I'd stayed in. It's either that. Or I just take it all and return with a completely clean slate.

• @Chickenman then return with a clean slate. I'd be horrified if a player I had 1 share in tripled in value when I previously had more shares

• @Moukoko yeah that's definately the way m leaning.

• I'd clean house and return as a freshman, the thought of what I could have made would eat me up for days.

• @Chickenman You're gonna know the players you had regardless and see their prices when you come back. 1 share or not you won't be able to avoid knowing how much they've grown (or fallen). But keeping 1 share in each would probably exaggerate it more so I'd sell them all.

• I’m with the sell them all group. I’d hate to look at my 1 shares and think what could have been. Much better to come back with a clean slate in the future, then you won’t be dwelling on what could of been.

• Sell them all. Otherwise when you come back itl be a psychological bias to buy them again (because no one wants 1 share!... Youl be topping them all up to round numbers when they may no longer be the right buy)... For the other psychological effect... Also much better for your sanity to sell

• Yep either sell all or consolidate into a couple of your best players.

• @kristiang85 Buy a tent. It's cheaper.

• I'd calculate how much it would cost have 1 share in each player then put that money into 1 player and leave and forget.

Having 1 share in each player could be really depressing if they all rise considerably.

• I would fuck off the renovations and leave it in but if you have to I would sell all the shares.

• @Chickenman don't do it. You will see the rises in your players over the months, you will see the profit you would be making. You will look at your lovely house and grow to resent it. That nice bathroom could be twice as nice if only you had kept Pogba until after he got the 'Forever a Red Devil' tattoo on his neck. Everyday the portfolio in your laptop will mock you.
    If you want peace Sell them All and never speak of FI again.

• The ghosts of trading past is a sure fire route to misery and despair!! Sell them all!! Thanks @LittleFish, I will never look at my nice new bathroom the same again, taking a dump on 50 Messi, stupid heated towel rail is 30 Pogba etc etc.

• @Moukoko said in Should I keep one future in each player?:

If I were doing it, I'd take the value of 1 share in each player and have that amount of money in one player. Pref young(well, under 25), non prem league and with a contract expiring in next few years.

Means that if you decide not to return, one button press instant sells, and essentially it turns it into a standard bet. 1 share in each player isn't going to see any worthwhile gains.

Obviously, usual caveat of if you can afford to lose is if something catastrophic happens to the player

Good shout. This would be my option,all depending on how long you think your exodus will last depends on what player ti choose..

• How much does it cost to build a new coop?

• Put whatever your happy to leave in on Kevin de Bruyne and when you come back you’ll have a nice stack of PB dividends to build your new portfolio with. (Dosent have to KDB but leaving some money on a reliable dividend earner and logging out for a year may make you a nice return)

• @Martyn-B the incubator is filled with eggs. Time for an expansion!

• I'd consolidate the equivalent money into 1 or max 2 players with big potential for growth
    Young, outside of PB but bound to move in

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.