Having A Cheeky Punt On Luuk De Jong

• He did very well last season with 32 goals and 10 assists, but he's yet to get off the mark. Must be due a goal or two, I reckon and given that the attackers in the early games have been crap so far today, he doesn't have to do much to top the Forward PB spot at least for a little bit.

Anyhow... having a punt.

Anyone else placing a cheeky bet today? Who on?

• Best of luck with it. I’m a Newcastle fan and had the pleasure of watching him live for a year when he was on loan with us. Absolute dog shite. Having said that he’s now guaranteed to score a hat trick for you so your welcome.

• This post is deleted!

• A game against the mighty Qarabag from Azerbaijan's top flight coming up too

• @CJ0101 He's scored goals everywhere else, just not at SJP. He was asked to play a different role which he wasn't used to, in a new league with little to no support from his team mates, leaving him isolated for most of the game. I'm glad we didn't sign him but to claim he is rubbish on the back of his half a season up here is bit OTT.

That being said, @Dan-The-Man I'd have went in for Javier Hernandez over de Jong, de Jong's not scored in his 4 starts for Sevilla since his summer move so reckon little pea could be getting more minutes/game time in the next few weeks.

• @Brane_Ormso
    To be honest mate my comments were a little bit tongue in check but still his goal scoring record in games when not playing in the Eredivisie:

71 games at three clubs and including senior Netherlands caps only 10 goals.
    Eredivisie record: 248 games 135 goals.

Honestly looks like he's suited for the Eredivisie but its not fair to say he's scored goals at every club he’s played for. In the four league games for Seville he's only managed three shots on target so I doubt he’s gonna take that league by storm.

• @Brane_Ormso

As stupid as this is going to sound... it's precisely because he hadn't scored... why I bought him.

Figure he'd probably been deserted over the last month and that when he finally gets that goal, he'll get back to his regular scoring ways.

It was a gamble... and one that hasn't paid off thus far... and it might just be the last of my 'game day' purchases as they don't seem to be working out for me.

Gonna give it a month or two and see where he's at.

• @CJ0101 said in Having A Cheeky Punt On Luuk De Jong:

@Brane_Ormso
    To be honest mate my comments were a little bit tongue in check but still his goal scoring record in games when not playing in the Eredivisie:

71 games at three clubs and including senior Netherlands caps only 10 goals.
    Eredivisie record: 248 games 135 goals.

Honestly looks like he's suited for the Eredivisie but its not fair to say he's scored goals at every club he’s played for. In the four league games for Seville he's only managed three shots on target so I doubt he’s gonna take that league by storm.

Yeah, Eredivisie can be a bit misleading on stats alone - Vincent Janssen looked a world beater from his goal ratio there, but we all know what happened to him.

• @Brane_Ormso I don't think he is going to take la liga by storm and definately think his game is better suited to the Dutch league, but it is fair to say he has scored goals everywhere but Newcastle because, well, he has (with the exception of Spain but he's still there.)

0_1568635919635_upload-bbc15cc9-f975-4515-9a66-fdceafe32366

Always hard to judge players from Dutch league, de Jong,Kezman (remember him) Janssen to name just a few who were banging them in for fun in Holland but struggled elsewhere.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Having A Cheeky Punt On Luuk De Jong:

@Brane_Ormso

As stupid as this is going to sound... it's precisely because he hadn't scored... why I bought him.

Is it worrying that I totally get that logic myself!?