Port (bleeding badly)

• @Londoner yea but would they still be just looking at budget players though? Or would they invest in the solid earners?

Jeez remember when Pogba and Neymar were £20 each? ? That was only Jan/Feb!

Yet now people are scoffing at playing £5 or £6 for established, regular dividend earners.

I dont want to sound defeatist but I feel the majority of the FI userbase has changed in a very short space of time and the new behaviours bring in some much more revenue (commission) for FI .
    With this in mind, I don't think FI will change a thing. They'll not be worried if a few big fish pull out because the likelihood is they are sitting on hundreds of Pogba and neymar etc that they have held for 2-3 years and haven't contributed to the commission coffers.

This is no longer a football stock market. It's a punters paradise and, just like Ladbrokes or Coral , in the end only the bookie really wins.
    Significant dividend increases might rectify this slightly but I don't see it happening

• @Londoner I agree. But don’t forget that the ‘ipd market’ is sodden now and there will be stacks of people losing. It’s a race to who gets out first.
    When this area loses its appeal, either the pb or mb holds gain or the market stagnates and FI will need to react with a dividend increase.

• @MickTurbo Yes. Of all the crazy youth rises recently. Saka is the one that makes sense, he had a blinding game in last years Europa league when he’d just turned 17.

• People keep saying the footie is rising so this means more new money is coming in.

This new money could be the new traders who short term gamble, let’s say 1000 new short term traders every day.

However there might be 100 bigger traders who understand how the platform work that are leaving and selling up their portfolios which consist of the high end known dividend earners.

So while the footie continues to grow at a slower rate the platform is changing much more into an risky 50/50 chance of winning or losing ?

In the end the platform will just be full of gamblers where majority lose and bookies win?

• A very simple way of not losing money during this time is to not sell. It's only a loss when you do.

If you've bought wisely then you'll be fine.

If you haven't, well, Fred won top PB yesterday so there's always a chance you'll get lucky!

Chill people, it'll all be good, like it always is✌️

• @Mr-Random-number said in Port (bleeding badly):

In the end the platform will just be full of gamblers where majority lose and bookies win?

Its always going to end like that - once market cap is reached money will just pass between traders with FI taking their 2%.
    Trader behaviour at the moment is potentially getting us their faster - or at least making it look that way. Smart traders prey on people's emotions, vulnerabilities and fear of being in the red.
    The vast majority of people are following trends rather than looking for the next one, and its a sure fire way to end up buying at peaks and having to sell at a loss or hold in the red for a long time.
    I've been around long enough to be confident this is just another trend - and so don't panic and hold on to players you believe in. We've had the pre-season English youth phase, followed by the new matrix PB performers phase, and now the non PB youth phase. It's just a question of what comes next.

• @ScouseSte said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Londoner said in Port (bleeding badly):

@ScouseSte said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Carboney said in Port (bleeding badly):

@ScouseSte I’m not doing to bad but after hitting a previous high a few days ago I’m back down about £100 from that and my hardest hits have come from Salah hazard and jota I’m trying to be patient but it’s the big boys that are shitting on me right now. Salah got goals against arsenal and was about £5.10 and now he’s about£4.65 just don’t get that 1 as he’s actually playing well

Yea I think the Salah drop is one of the ones that's really giving me the incentive to cash out of FI.
    He's scoring, he wins media divs, he's the main man in the team that is top of the league for at least another week or two. Yet he has dropped FORTY F****NG PENCE in a couple of weeks!!

I know FI has never been completely logic but there really can be no justification for such a loss in value.

The game has changed too much in the past few weeks and I don't like it anymore. I've tried playing the IPD game - not for me. I've tried timing out so I don't tinker too much with my solid holds (or what I ASSUMED were solid holds!) but every time I come back my port has nosedived further.

On Sunday, my third timeout expires. I'm 75-25 in favour of market listing the lot, if I'm honest.

When the fun stops, stop. 😐

It all changed when they brought in IPDs to target the short-term gambler. They're so trigger happy, chasing the quick profit, the platform doesn't make sense anymore with its volatility. A good knowledge of football is almost meaningless here, now.

Yea I agree IPDs were probably the catalyst to where we are now. I joined the month before they were introduced and a lot of the old guard sold up and left.
    Personally I grew to like IPDs because they allowed that little bonus if a recent purchase you made scored. They'd rise on the back of a goal and then drop a little after midnight, but not to a level lower than pre-match.

The crazy thing now though is this...

Nobody is interested in buying players to win 1p per goal in play. Nobody. The current trend is to buy players early enough who we think other traders will buy that THEY think will score (to win them divs that they don't actually care about, just cap app) and then SELL these players when the teams are announced. That's the new way to play football index and win.
    Shite

Agree with this and its been talked about in a few threads.

I like ipd... But yes... It should act as a little intro bonus to kick start new users profit when they buy likes of kane, mbappe, neymar... See some instant return because pb and mb are less frequent and not winning any divs for a new user in the first month could be off putting.

Ipds should also keep some value in the 90% of the market that will never win pb or MB... B

But the skew towards ipd value post split has just wrecked any sense the market had.

I share your sentiments scouser... But I'm not quite at the sell up and out stage.

• Still keep thinking how big an effect the start up bonuses are making & how much fake money is actually in the platform, these people aren’t really going to give a shit about PB & MB until they actually put their own money in.
    How is this affecting the footie & the platform, anybody got any thoughts?

• I think the forum is very depressing reading at the moment.

Go and listen to Fig ‘’s latest podcast for a bit of positivity 👍

• @Tom77 said in Port (bleeding badly):

I think the forum is very depressing reading at the moment.

All summer was rocket emojis everywhere! Gotta take the rough with the smooth - we can't all have our ports rocketing all the time. I'm pretty sure if everyone zooms out and looks at their 6 month profit figures they'll still be very happy. Times like this it's vital to stay calm and level-headed.

• It all started that sunday night when luis muriel came off the bench for atalanta and scored a hat trick. That was a high point for my port as I held 300 of him and was well happy with the rise, little did I know it was the start of all this.

I've made a decision to give it till the end of October. If were still seeing this current market behaviour then I'm gone, simply because this is not what I signed up for.

May seem hypocritical after the advice I was offering scouse last night but the truth is I really cannot disagree with him

• Jesus - people need to take a deep breath.

Anyone leaving now will regret it in 12 months & more so 5-10 years down the line when it's an established product across Europe.

It will be like missing out on Bitcoin by selling at double your money rather than waiting to see the £1m paycheck! 💰

Fools if you go - I'll be busy topping up on the cheap shares.

• @janner73 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Tom77 said in Port (bleeding badly):

I think the forum is very depressing reading at the moment.

All summer was rocket emojis everywhere! Gotta take the rough with the smooth - we can't all have our ports rocketing all the time. I'm pretty sure if everyone zooms out and looks at their 6 month profit figures they'll still be very happy. Times like this it's vital to stay calm and level-headed.

Offsetting current losses against historical gains is kind of a classic strategy for every gambler.. Or addict in general (1 ciggy now can't hurt as I used to smoke 20 a day....lost £500 on roulette today, but I won £700 last week so technically I'm still up...)

Its a dangerous mentality. How much of your historic winnings would you let whittle away?

I think the same as you... This is just a dip and we see dips and peaks and cycles. I'm gloomy now but positive I have a port full of potential. I just wouldn't think of it or phrase it as looking back at what you've made to date.

You gain experience from peaks and troughs... But history doesn't always repeat itself, so rather than compensate for current losses with what you won previously, everyone should be taking a look at their port and assessing if they see potential going forward.

• @Ericali of course theres that possibility but how far do you let FOMO take u. At the minute were fighting I losing battle with the straight up gamblers. If that's still the case by the end of october then I think we have to stop calling it a trend.

I'm about 7 1/2 months in and this has been going on for virtually a month, by the date I've set thatll be 2 1/2 months, so 1/3 of my time on here.

I dont know, maybe I will regret it but that's my thoughts at the minute

• @Uncle-G said in Port (bleeding badly):

Still keep thinking how big an effect the start up bonuses are making & how much fake money is actually in the platform, these people aren’t really going to give a shit about PB & MB until they actually put their own money in.
    How is this affecting the footie & the platform, anybody got any thoughts?

Are you talking about the £500 risk free? It’s not fake, they have to put it in. If the are losing after 7 days FI, will make it up for them.

It’s real cash, so real growth

• @Vespasian32 I agree to a point. But this isn't traditional gambling and no market moves up in a straight line so I tend to look at it slightly differently. Obviously there comes a point where if the dips continue for a sustained amount of time then it's potentially time to re-evaluate the way I look at that.

On the point around assessing port I completely agree but this is something that, maybe wrongly, I would take as a given whether my port is going up or going down. A rising port can be just as flawed as a falling port, but yes if anybody isn't assessing their port then they absolutely should.

• @MickTurbo the market is still growing.... Eric mentioned the idea of FI eventually allowing us to buy shares in the company... Would you consider that... Or what about buying the trackers (I know they aren't trackers really but simple way of bulk buy)... That way you havent got the stress of worrying what the next trend is or whether it's logical.

When I feel my understanding and edge is completely gone... Thatl be my route as regardless of my concerns about the current trend... The fact is the product is growing and the company are making money and the footie is going up most days. I always dismissed large port and trackers because whilst I could read the market it made more sense to pile high where I could spot the next spike and keep moving. So if as u say by October there is barely any resemblance of logic and its random risers and spikes... Just buy the top 200 and forget about it

• I hoping this weekend will produce some growth, but last few weekends have just been slightly up then a big drops. I hate the way people are flipping back and force by the minute. This platform is turning into something I dont like. I am looking for stability over the week ahead, then slight profits within early october, if not im stepping out of the platform till after christmas, return once the idiots have got bored and left.

• It's a little sad to see the same forum users who used to help newbies by telling them the market works in cycles and not to worry, now talking about taking their money out because they are making x loss. I realise some are reasoning the way they are losing money that may lead to them leaving, but surely it's just a cycle. Once new users start losing money with higher spreads and commission, then they are either going to change tactics or leave.

Hate bringing Pogba up again, but he's been mentioned on this thread so fuck it. If these short term users are jumping on players who are in a starting eleven, guess what's going to happen when Pogba is fit again? If he signs an extension with Man U, he's probably getting divs for the week. If he comes out as refusing to sign, he probably wins lots of divs, if he states his intention to leave, transfer spec and Pogba's last season. If he gets MB divs 2 or 3 days on the trot, what are these short term users going to do?

The short term trading is not working in your favour currently, but think a little further. How far are the small teams going to progress in Europe? Probably group stages and then the big boy players (top 200)start winning.Who are going to be the big rises in the Euros? Probably Pogba, Mbappe, Griezmann, Werner, Kimmich, Havertz, Kane, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva to name a few.

The cream rises to the top and once these patterns start emerging, the sporadic trading will slow down/stop once people realise they are losing money in commission and spread.

For 3 year holders, a lot are thinking incredibly short term. I realise these traders will have a lot of money in, in which case, maybe a reassessment of 'have I put in more than I am willing to lose' (a regular piece of advice on the forum) may be beneficial.

When I started, my goal was to make 15% to make it more worthwhile than in savings. If I instant sold my portfolio now, I'd be in the high 30%s. At my peak I was in the 40%s so while I am down on my peak, I am effectively shitting on an ISA.

Sorry for another long post

• @Jimbob said in Port (bleeding badly):

@ScouseSte been a shocking few weeks eh? I'm off to Tenerife on Saturday, can't wait to see the back of my portfolio for a fortnight, just hope I'm not bankrupt when I get home!

Might see you there !!!

Will be in Linekers for the Foxes v Spurs game if you are around

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.