Port (bleeding badly)

• @Andy said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Tom77 I think you’ve missed my point here, I’m not saying Salah has a god given right that he must be over £5 - of course he doesn’t - no one has a given right to be over any price. It’s the way his price has dropped that makes little sense to most people on here. Using your mention of Mané (and most players in the top 50 actually) they’ve all taken either a dip or absolute nosedives in the past few weeks with little to no signs of stopping. They might flatline for a day or two, then the drop just continues

Mane has increased a lot over the last few months though, its not a coincidence, he is playing best football of his life.

• When people say there port is just dropping are u saying it’s just constantly in decline because mine seems to just constantly jump up and down but all within a £200 price range. The last couple of days my overall profit has ranged from £3800 to £4000 but must admit it’s not constantly just going down

• @Carboney I think I've been red every day for a couple weeks. This month down £900 on 35k port

some of that has been bad decision making, some has been IS, and some has been gambles on match day flips that didn't pan out. But probably half of it is just the very slow, but consistent, drops in Pogba & Rashford. As well as shaving a couple p off basically every hold I have.

• @Vespasian32 whilst it might be viable to do that it's not for me because again it's not what I signed up for.

It's not like I'm losing a scary amount of money. Since it started I've probably lost about £400 so like 3.33%. It would have been more than that but for the divs ive won along the way.

The point is I'm just fed up of seeing what were formerly good holds dwindling away day by day so ppl can horse money into players who I'd never consider buying. In short, as I've said before, I dont understand the market in it's current form so what's the point.

On the point you made about buying the top 200 and forgetting about it, as I said, it's not what I signed up for and if I wanted that kind of investment I'd just buy premium bonds.

I still think things might go back to normal, which is why I'm prepared to hang around here for another month n a half despite the fact I'm thoroughly fed up with it at the minute, but cant see my staying power stretching beyond october, and on top of that, my faith that a change may come will be diminished

• @Andy I can't speak for holders, but I don't think new/short term holders are to blame for this, and if anything they hid the drop in him.

He's a great player who has not been that big at returning pb and mb. He took an initial dive post champions league(as you would expect and you could then credit new users investing in him and then deciding he's not a good buy taking him back to where he was before season start and now he is dropping further.

His spike preseason was 20p and his drop 40p, so this is already 'old' money.

I think the Salah drop is down to holders taking money out in preseason(to reinvest into mb Kings!), then realising that barring 30 days of IPD, there's better players to invest in at lower prices and so not putting it back in.

• @Tom77 heres maybe a better example... lala playing at home tonight, has already scored this season and put in good pb scores... is this logical? in isolation id put it down to a million reasons... everyone has their exit point in a player... some people don't have time to wait to market sell... might be jumping on another player etc. But been seeing sells like this all month, far outweighing buys. And much more than ive ever seen before. I don't own Lala… but im guessing its this kind of trade that is scaring people a lot more than seeing off form or injured players or top end players who haven't won divs for a while getting IS.

0_1568971524648_upload-1f3c0be6-21ed-48fa-90e0-255dcdebdb1b

• @Vespasian32 mines been a very similar story to yours, maybe the odd flatline for a day or two, then the drop just continues happening for basically every hold I have, no matter who it is

• @Vespasian32 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Tom77 heres maybe a better example... lala playing at home tonight, has already scored this season and put in good pb scores... is this logical? in isolation id put it down to a million reasons... everyone has their exit point in a player... some people don't have time to wait to market sell... might be jumping on another player etc. But been seeing sells like this all month, far outweighing buys. And much more than ive ever seen before. I don't own Lala… but im guessing its this kind of trade that is scaring people a lot more than seeing off form or injured players or top end players who haven't won divs for a while getting IS.

0_1568971524648_upload-1f3c0be6-21ed-48fa-90e0-255dcdebdb1b

There are lots of stupid people out there, always going to be sells like that, that guy probably has no idea Strasbourg have a friday game.

The platform has always been volitile it’s just heightened because there are more users imo.

I’m sure longterm traders will still come out on top

I Listen to a podcast yesterday with Ben dinnery on it he is an injury expert and he is on the index, his strategy is planning for the World Cup!.

• @Tom77 also, his base pb last 3 games are sub 100, they are out of Europe, are relegation fodder, and there's rumours he'll be on the bench against Nanted.

Not saying he isn't a great player, but it's also not a million miles away from logic

• @Andy yeah the other day I noticed Kimmich shoot up in price after the 2pm cut off tor mo other foreseeable reason than he was top of the leaderboard with no assists and no goals so no dividends

• @Ringers so when that person leaves FI what happens to the money? Say they put that £500 into a player are you saying that £500 stays in that player for 3 years?

• As they say when the fun stops stop. On another thread today people are mocking those buying Moussa Djenepo 'don't they know he's injured for tonight's game?'
    I not a gambler but I like a bet on football as it means I have an interest in all games rather than just the Saints. I joined FI 7 months ago tomorrow. I love FI. I've a five figure portfolio and have achieved double my targeted profit. Not setting the world on fire but 20% return on what I considered low risk bets.
    Now there are no low risk bets. The lack of logic in the market is not for me. I've started market selling all my players showing a 25% profit and will continue to sell on the spikes.
    I'll play the daily rush for flips but I'm not having £10k plus in something I currently don't understand anymore.

• @Wotabeast they see more money to be made in buying and flipping a Mount or Greenwood than holding Neymar or Pogba in the hope of headlines. Thats how it seems to em anyway. Haland rose over £1 off the back of a hat-trick. Ok, a CL Hat-trick, but in a non-pb league, Where is he going to need to go to rise that £3 price hugely, and its a year long wait.

strange days at the moment

• @Uncle-G no, they can leave and take it at anytime, the same as anyone, But it’s not fake money while it’s in here, while the can make rash decisions they are new so would probably make them anyway??

• @Moukoko IS a player who is at home tonight, last 3 games u mention...came on in the 60th minute against Rennais due to fatigue, drew with Monaco(he scored), lost to PSG 1-0 & still has the best PB stats of his team, not sure where u get he may not start from as he’s pretty much their best player, illogical & frustrating

• @Ringers seen 👍🏻 Got it mixed up thinking FI were giving the money hence risk free but it’s the individual’s money going in risk free, this is as you say maybe a reasoning for strange goings on 🤔

• @Uncle-G exactly … main point was, this is exactly the kind of player people should be buying before 2pm today (obviously buying further in advance would be better). But his price has barely moved all week and people are instant selling. I've said elsewhere... pretty sure so many of them don't understand the concept of market sell vs instant sell and the commission applying to both.

• @Vespasian32 this is where I think the £500 no risk start up comes into it because people aren’t fully educating themselves with FI as it’s risk free & just buying & selling without much thought, if 100 people start up in one day ( which I don’t think is unrealistic) with this risk free trading £50000 a day is being thrown around with not much thought or am I right off track here

• Some very interesting reading throughout this thread, but I'm firmly in the 'don't panic, you'll regret it' camp. Like many others, my portfolio value has been going down, but my cash balance has been going up thanks to dividends.

To me, portfolio value going down normally means a combination of things:

1. I've bought a bad player
    2. I've bought a player at the wrong time
    3. I've bought a good player but others are panicking and are selling

If you believe that you've bought a decent player then don't panic and keep hold of him. When Atalanta had their pants taken down in the Champions League on Wednesday my portfolio value dropped 0.76%, which was mainly Zapata, Gomez, Ilicic and Pasalic. In my book, these are good players and I bought them at a good time (before they had large rises). So I think their decline is simply others panicking and dumping. I still believe in my reasons for buying each of these and so I'm not selling - I am sure their time will come either this season, or at some point over the next 3 years.

It is very very easy to convince yourself you are a genius trader when things are going well and the Footie is flying up. Sustained dips are part of any market, people should continue to remind themselves of the bigger picture. I'm 1.05% down this week, but 3.07% up for September and 14% up since 2 months ago on 19 July, so it was probably due a dip. I can live with a bit of red if I need to. I don't think that's a bad 'gambling addict' type of attitude to have either, rather a pragmatic one that can see the big picture.

And if this moment is making you feel incredibly uncomfortable then maybe you have too much money in here and you should reassess. It's much easier and enjoyable when you can relax a bit.

• Fascinating this thread.

I want to thank everyone for their input, it's what makes this forum a great place to thrash out ideas and seek comfort in times of distress.

The first major takeaway I've gotten from this is that a lot of us don't UNDERSTAND the index right now, which is a vulnerable position to be in when money is concerned. It feels like playing "pin the tail on the donkey" at the moment.
    Randomness at its finest.

The second thing I've come to conclude is that, IN ITS PRESENT STATE, Football index is a short term market only- long-term holding has been killed off *except for a few now-overpriced Dutch non-pb league players.

I've listened to advice posted on here about being patient, cycles etc, indeed I regularly advise that "in times of uncertainty, often the best course of action is to do nothing". However, in following my own advice, my portfolio is diminishing by the day and by "doing nothing" for the past few weeks it has cost me over 7% (down 10% overall since early August).

Somebody suggested giving up their principles and just buying a few top 200 trackers but even THIS is not a guarantee to prevent losses right now! Remember, you are buying the CURRENT top 200 but with all the penny-stock garbage that is on the fringes, the money is coming out of the top 200 at an alarming rate.

So, am I wrong to voice my concerns on a forum designed to discuss issues affecting the FI community?
    Or should I just post faux-optimistic "buy this guy cos he is gonna rocket!" threads?

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.