Port (bleeding badly)

• @Collymore10 You can keep the bonus, a div increase will reignite the index😉

• @Gazz127 need something to reignite Pogba 🤔

• All seriousness what are if any fi going to deliver for their birthday?

• @Friedeggs yeh I'm on rashford at exactly £4 and I've been overcame quid in front on him not that long ago. Just seems to lose pennies every few hours rather than a proper crash.

Not sure why, hes scoring media points every day albeit now winning and hes getting goals and some really good PB so it's a mystery.

Almada drop is another funny one, yes theres contract talks but it's just about buyout clauses which would seem to confirm the inevitable that he'll be in europe within a year so I really wouldnt worry too much. I hold 200 of each in an 11.5k port so fairly significant sums of cash.

Lukaku is one I personally wouldnt consider, I get that hes in a weaker league so better PB in theory, I got the media thing over the summer but honestly I'd be considering biting the bullet and taking the hit with him.

I'm not gonna go into huge detail because I dont want it to look like a hatchet job on one of your holds at all but yeh, that's one I'd be getting out of personally mate

• Don't worry about rashford.

• @Friedeggs all being well I'll be buying the dip on almada before the nights over actually.

I'd do the same on rash but that would still take a few Bob so were looking at payday or selling a biggish hold. Theres 1 who's actually beyond my get out price but showing no signs of stopping so I'm still holding for now

• @Moukoko Daka, Minamino, Hwang Hee-Chan, Erling-Halland, etc all likely to have a decent rise in the next few days if they play and beat Genk in the Champions league.

• With the big, high price players, it seems like if they don't win divs then people are dumping them. Kane, Rashford, Sancho - all these guys had good games but have seen their prices drop.

I think a lot of traders need to get some perspective - even the best players can't win divs every game. These guys are getting themselves into good scores and consistent performances which shows they will win divs eventually. People just need to be more patient!

• @Wotabeast I’m just 1 step forward 2 steps back..
    is fi turning into a short term trading or is there long term opportunities still on offer? Like you say not every one can win divs

• @Friedeggs my port is losing money as well. Rashford, Pulisic, Maddison,Tielemen, Griezmann, Emerson, ilicic, Pogba. to name a few of the losers this week. I’m going to hold them and hopefully they’ll come good soon or I’ll have to try something else.

• It's a short term game now. Writing has been on wall since IPDs introduced. My port is volatile as a result. Some weekends flying... Not this one though.

• Realistically, do you think we'll see a return to long term trading without a direct dividend increase (I know they've just introduced Euros dividends....)?

• My port has been doing nothing but drop the past couple weeks. It felt like everyone who has the same players as me just had a mass sell off. KDB, Rashford, Griezmann, Brandt, Barella. All of them have decreased for me in the last week by large margins. Only player that has seen a rise for me is Mbappé and he's injured!
    Do people think they will recover?

• @Wotabeast said in Port (bleeding badly):

With the big, high price players, it seems like if they don't win divs then people are dumping them. Kane, Rashford, Sancho - all these guys had good games but have seen their prices drop.

I think a lot of traders need to get some perspective - even the best players can't win divs every game. These guys are getting themselves into good scores and consistent performances which shows they will win divs eventually. People just need to be more patient!

I personally don’t hold any of the premiums but I think it’s quite straight forward as far as they’re concerned. They are desperate for a dividend increase.

• I think everybody should take a breath.
    There will be clarity in the coming days with the FI birthday nearly here. Will there be a bonus? Will there be a dividend increase? If neither at least there is clarity because there is anticipation and people no doubt will have been selling, building cash balances etc.

• @Timothee-Atouba yes and once that is known I will make my next steps

• IPD's are good because they give value to otherwise worthless players. But ppl IS good holds causing the dips we keep feeling, to buy up some dirt cheap player who's got 3 goal involvements that day.

So your IS'ing a £3 odd player, paying 15-25p + 2% commission of say 7p, ultimately your paying probably 30pps. Therefore, unless your buying a player who is 1/10th or less of the value of the sold share, you're not even breaking even before spread and commission.

Example: so u IS Foden. I use this example cos hes -5p today so it's clearly happened. U pay 20p spread then 7p commission. From a £3.64 share, u see 3.37. Even if the player you buy scored a hat trick, unless hes <34p yours not getting enough of him to cover your commission with your IPD's.

So hes 33p and hes banged a hat trick in. You get 10 for every foden u sell, meaning u get 3p x 10 in dividends, turning a profit of 3p for every foden sold. Fuckin smashing, you are the wolf of FI.

But every other genius has done the exact same thing. So take Christian Gunter. Hes up 8p today cos hes worth 2p in IPD's(meaning you need 14 of him just to cover the hit on every foden[eeven the sharpest will only have got 11]). Thing is his spread is widened to double that at 4p. Then theres 1p commission to sell him on. So for that 37p you're gonna see only 32p, but you've got you're mighty 2p worth of IPD's, so you'll actually recoup 34p so you've lost money on this trade as well to compound the 27p for every foden you've sold. And that's assuming you're lightning quick on the dump which will begin on the stroke of midnight

Unless you are in on a player before the rise starts or virtually immediately after, your losing money.

Surely this trends not gonna last forever

• @Collymore10 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Timothee-Atouba yes and once that is known I will make my next steps

Looks like it could be a static week for you then in more ways than one ;)

• I can see there being much growth in the £5+ players at the moment . I think £7ish is around the celling for players at the current dividend payout. Once players start approaching that level growth will tail off as theres better value at the lower end of the market. Another reason you might be struggling is if your PB players just haven’t preformed well yet. It’ll probably take a dividend win or a few really high PB scores for them to go up but theres still only being 5 or so weeks of games so I wouldn’t worry if they aren't performing yet. When the inevitable dividend increase comes, the celling for the top players will increase and the best could be £10 rather quickly. In any case, I wouldn't worry mate.

• @CJ0101 Sadly I don't see a dividend increase coming in near future. Adam Cole has made that clear in his Q&As albeit the last was a while ago now I think. I predict a bonus this week - as well as it being FI's birthday it feels like time for one to reignite the market.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.