Port (bleeding badly)

• @Jdog 25% deposit bonus and increase in MB and PB dividends. Oh, sorry then I woke up...

• @TeamGB that would break the platform mate not a good idea

• @Londoner said in Port (bleeding badly):

One thing that has been said a million times: Having a divest port is crucial to riding out downturns. Half my 30 man port is in the red, but the other half (mostly under £2) are in the green. The exception to this is Greenwood, De Bruyne, Odgaard, Maddison, Sancho and CHO.

Yes that's always been my mantra. But I have 116 players from every spectrum imaginable, and every cycle I've ridden well, but this one I've been brutally hit. I can't work it out.

• @kristiang85 honestly the footsie could halve in a single day and some people would still point out their superior strategy and that they are up on it because of it. Particularly pertinent this week. Reality is that nearly all of us with diverse portfolios are leaking like fuck this week, not just those with big hitters.

• @kristiang85 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Londoner said in Port (bleeding badly):

One thing that has been said a million times: Having a divest port is crucial to riding out downturns. Half my 30 man port is in the red, but the other half (mostly under £2) are in the green. The exception to this is Greenwood, De Bruyne, Odgaard, Maddison, Sancho and CHO.

Yes that's always been my mantra. But I have 116 players from every spectrum imaginable, and every cycle I've ridden well, but this one I've been brutally hit. I can't work it out.

That's a worry if you have been savaged with that range of players. It might be one of our £1m traders have exited: https://forums.footballindex.co.uk/topic/12635/fi-on-wikipedia/7

• Ive always thought a diverse portfolio might protect me from the drops as well but im down 1.36% this week. At the start of the season my big dividend hitters were fairly static but my cheap players flew (and sterling + sancho). Now my cheap players have stopped growing and the premium players are in freefall, especially salah.

• @kristiang85 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Londoner said in Port (bleeding badly):

I am down over a percent this week with 130 players spread equally over the 5 PB leagues and another 20 or so non PB players some with European football so it is as low risk as you can get. However, if I look at the 7 weeks since beginning of August I am well up so I am not worried. If I went to my IFA and complained about my fund performance based on the last 3 weeks he would tell me to stop being so silly.

13,500 futures were listed or sold on Fekir last night straight after the game so that is £27,000 just on 1 player.

The FOOTIE was stagnant yesterday so no massive drop so either they are in the queue or the amount was reinvested. If it is the latter I would love to know where as I am not seeing it.

Once the uncertainty about what or if there is an announcement is over plus people start getting paid there will be a bounce back.

• @Zidave said in Port (bleeding badly):

13,500 futures were listed or sold on Fekir last night straight after the game so that is £27,000 just on 1

How do you know these facts mate please ❓

• @Friedeggs or are you going on 7.5% over 24 hour on his profile ❓

• @Friedeggs said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Zidave said in Port (bleeding badly):

13,500 futures were listed or sold on Fekir last night straight after the game so that is £27,000 just on 1

How do you know these facts mate please ❓

He is down 15p so x 900 to move 1p is £13,500 x £2 which was his average price. Rough calculations but pretty accurate.

The unknown is whether they were IS, market sold or just listed?

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Port (bleeding badly):

@LukeMalla all you are proving is that those that got on earlier enough are sitting of fat profit. Those that have got in last 4-5 months would, on average, be sitting on far far less.

First of all, that's not what I was trying to say at all. I was trying to preach patience. No market goes up continuously. I get that seeing your portfolio shrink, as mine is, is frustrating, but please don't put words in my mouth.

Secondly, if you'd been here anytime other than perhaps the last 3-5 weeks you would still have been making some serious % returns. I made a very pleasing returns in July and August.

Thirdly, people need to remember this is still gambling. This forum regularly reminds people during good times that you should only gamble what you can afford/are willing to lose. That especially applies during a time like now.

• I’ve been reading this thread from the beginning and it’s real interesting from both sides, the it’s a cycle or a correction side and the platform has changed or I don’t understand it side.
    Just wanna let people know that not everyone with a diverse portfolio is leaking atm.
    I’m up 1.01% in the last 7 days a very slight drop today.
    116 players
    40000+ futures
    I hold I think around 60 of the top 200
    Plenty of youth and non pb league players.
    Personally I’m expecting a drop to my port in the next week or two.
    If this post is still going next week I’ll post an update 👍🏻

• @Gregolocky For me its people being greedy, or not following the stats properly.

Take me:

0_1569057749036_upload-d4443cb2-fb14-4b2f-a01c-4af21e69f91d
    People see that, see red and panic.

They forget:
    0_1569057791267_upload-dc62e62b-6287-4842-968b-f44b96964452

And this
    0_1569057812103_upload-8076d55f-7509-4a5e-8366-54e4fb43584e

And that is just on current port.

Last Saturday morning I was on £1038 profit.
    During the week it went up to £1072 profit at highest point.
    This Saturday morning it is on £1033 profit.

People will look at that, see the drop from 1072 to 1038 and panic. They forget the cycle's through the weeks/months. Over the week it has dropped £5 or 0.20%. That is tiny. They forget that the port rose 10.65% last month. And although it has been a terrible month it is still up 1% this month. Try getting those returns in a bank!

• @MrWh1te Too easy to put others down as just greedy and in fact that's pretty insulting to some pretty thought out views. The market has doubled since last dividend increase, which in itself was fairly modest. It is not unreasonable for people to question whether the market has hit saturation point under the current dividend structure. We know it can't keep growing indefinitely without an increase to dividends. Whether we are close to the point time will tell, but it's not unreasonable for people to question when the market has doubled.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Exactly, the market has doubled with just a modest div raise. So it is self-correcting.
    People are complaining they cant keep making huge profits.
    I would rather it self-corrects and becomes sustainable than they increase and go bankrupt.

• @MrWh1te said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Gregolocky For me its people being greedy, or not following the stats properly.

Take me:

0_1569057749036_upload-d4443cb2-fb14-4b2f-a01c-4af21e69f91d
    People see that, see red and panic.

They forget:
    0_1569057791267_upload-dc62e62b-6287-4842-968b-f44b96964452

And this
    0_1569057812103_upload-8076d55f-7509-4a5e-8366-54e4fb43584e

And that is just on current port.

Last Saturday morning I was on £1038 profit.
    During the week it went up to £1072 profit at highest point.
    This Saturday morning it is on £1033 profit.

People will look at that, see the drop from 1072 to 1038 and panic. They forget the cycle's through the weeks/months. Over the week it has dropped £5 or 0.20%. That is tiny. They forget that the port rose 10.65% last month. And although it has been a terrible month it is still up 1% this month. Try getting those returns in a bank!

Greed has absolutely nothing to do with it. The key takeaway from this thread which you've clearly missed is that people don't mind losing money if it's for a fathomable reason. But that is not the case right now and hasnt been for weeks.

Wheeling out the old "try getting those returns in a bank" line has no relevance - if you had £5000 in your FI account on the 1st August and it's now down to £4500.... "Try getting those losses in a bank"

• @ScouseSte
    If you had £5000 in your fi account 1st august and now its down to £4500, you are probably doing something drastically wrong.

I did say greed OR not following stats properly.

• I'd actually suggest the best way of forcing FI's hand to do something is just do nothing. Don't buy anyone, don't sell anyone. Just sit there.

FI only make money when players are sold, so the more that people smash the IS button, the more FI make.

Of course that's relying on people not panicking and sitting on their hands, which is where FI will always have the edge.

• @MrWh1te said in Port (bleeding badly):

@ScouseSte
    If you had £5000 in your fi account 1st august and now its down to £4500, you are probably doing something drastically wrong.

I did say greed OR not following stats properly.

Haha unreal! Can you be a little MORE patronising next time please?

You're in the "I'm alright Jack" camp I see. Good luck to you

• @ScouseSte My port has dropped too. I am just realistic.
    The market is correcting.

I predicted this and you all hammered me for it. I was told 'prices will drop low and then people will buy back in'. repeatedly.

I said this would happen, and was slated on these forums.

I would rather it self-corrects and is sustainable than they raise divs 'if' they cant afford to and go under.

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.