Port (bleeding badly)

• @Zidave said in Port (bleeding badly):

13,500 futures were listed or sold on Fekir last night straight after the game so that is £27,000 just on 1

How do you know these facts mate please ❓

• @Friedeggs or are you going on 7.5% over 24 hour on his profile ❓

• @Friedeggs said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Zidave said in Port (bleeding badly):

13,500 futures were listed or sold on Fekir last night straight after the game so that is £27,000 just on 1

How do you know these facts mate please ❓

He is down 15p so x 900 to move 1p is £13,500 x £2 which was his average price. Rough calculations but pretty accurate.

The unknown is whether they were IS, market sold or just listed?

• @Dr-Jan-Itor said in Port (bleeding badly):

@LukeMalla all you are proving is that those that got on earlier enough are sitting of fat profit. Those that have got in last 4-5 months would, on average, be sitting on far far less.

First of all, that's not what I was trying to say at all. I was trying to preach patience. No market goes up continuously. I get that seeing your portfolio shrink, as mine is, is frustrating, but please don't put words in my mouth.

Secondly, if you'd been here anytime other than perhaps the last 3-5 weeks you would still have been making some serious % returns. I made a very pleasing returns in July and August.

Thirdly, people need to remember this is still gambling. This forum regularly reminds people during good times that you should only gamble what you can afford/are willing to lose. That especially applies during a time like now.

• I’ve been reading this thread from the beginning and it’s real interesting from both sides, the it’s a cycle or a correction side and the platform has changed or I don’t understand it side.
    Just wanna let people know that not everyone with a diverse portfolio is leaking atm.
    I’m up 1.01% in the last 7 days a very slight drop today.
    116 players
    40000+ futures
    I hold I think around 60 of the top 200
    Plenty of youth and non pb league players.
    Personally I’m expecting a drop to my port in the next week or two.
    If this post is still going next week I’ll post an update 👍🏻

• @Gregolocky For me its people being greedy, or not following the stats properly.

Take me:

0_1569057749036_upload-d4443cb2-fb14-4b2f-a01c-4af21e69f91d
    People see that, see red and panic.

They forget:
    0_1569057791267_upload-dc62e62b-6287-4842-968b-f44b96964452

And this
    0_1569057812103_upload-8076d55f-7509-4a5e-8366-54e4fb43584e

And that is just on current port.

Last Saturday morning I was on £1038 profit.
    During the week it went up to £1072 profit at highest point.
    This Saturday morning it is on £1033 profit.

People will look at that, see the drop from 1072 to 1038 and panic. They forget the cycle's through the weeks/months. Over the week it has dropped £5 or 0.20%. That is tiny. They forget that the port rose 10.65% last month. And although it has been a terrible month it is still up 1% this month. Try getting those returns in a bank!

• @MrWh1te Too easy to put others down as just greedy and in fact that's pretty insulting to some pretty thought out views. The market has doubled since last dividend increase, which in itself was fairly modest. It is not unreasonable for people to question whether the market has hit saturation point under the current dividend structure. We know it can't keep growing indefinitely without an increase to dividends. Whether we are close to the point time will tell, but it's not unreasonable for people to question when the market has doubled.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor Exactly, the market has doubled with just a modest div raise. So it is self-correcting.
    People are complaining they cant keep making huge profits.
    I would rather it self-corrects and becomes sustainable than they increase and go bankrupt.

• @MrWh1te said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Gregolocky For me its people being greedy, or not following the stats properly.

Take me:

0_1569057749036_upload-d4443cb2-fb14-4b2f-a01c-4af21e69f91d
    People see that, see red and panic.

They forget:
    0_1569057791267_upload-dc62e62b-6287-4842-968b-f44b96964452

And this
    0_1569057812103_upload-8076d55f-7509-4a5e-8366-54e4fb43584e

And that is just on current port.

Last Saturday morning I was on £1038 profit.
    During the week it went up to £1072 profit at highest point.
    This Saturday morning it is on £1033 profit.

People will look at that, see the drop from 1072 to 1038 and panic. They forget the cycle's through the weeks/months. Over the week it has dropped £5 or 0.20%. That is tiny. They forget that the port rose 10.65% last month. And although it has been a terrible month it is still up 1% this month. Try getting those returns in a bank!

Greed has absolutely nothing to do with it. The key takeaway from this thread which you've clearly missed is that people don't mind losing money if it's for a fathomable reason. But that is not the case right now and hasnt been for weeks.

Wheeling out the old "try getting those returns in a bank" line has no relevance - if you had £5000 in your FI account on the 1st August and it's now down to £4500.... "Try getting those losses in a bank"

• @ScouseSte
    If you had £5000 in your fi account 1st august and now its down to £4500, you are probably doing something drastically wrong.

I did say greed OR not following stats properly.

• I'd actually suggest the best way of forcing FI's hand to do something is just do nothing. Don't buy anyone, don't sell anyone. Just sit there.

FI only make money when players are sold, so the more that people smash the IS button, the more FI make.

Of course that's relying on people not panicking and sitting on their hands, which is where FI will always have the edge.

• @MrWh1te said in Port (bleeding badly):

@ScouseSte
    If you had £5000 in your fi account 1st august and now its down to £4500, you are probably doing something drastically wrong.

I did say greed OR not following stats properly.

Haha unreal! Can you be a little MORE patronising next time please?

You're in the "I'm alright Jack" camp I see. Good luck to you

• @ScouseSte My port has dropped too. I am just realistic.
    The market is correcting.

I predicted this and you all hammered me for it. I was told 'prices will drop low and then people will buy back in'. repeatedly.

I said this would happen, and was slated on these forums.

I would rather it self-corrects and is sustainable than they raise divs 'if' they cant afford to and go under.

• @MrWh1te how do you know they can't afford to do it? Personally I think that would be worrying for their business model that the market could double and can't afford even a small increase? That they are that bad at making money. Do you know where they are reinvesting their profits? Since I've been on the platform I haven't really seen many improvements on the tech side (I know there is the new site coming and has been right around the corner for months). All I want is some clarity in what their roadmap is for dividends.

Also side note but you have been super patronising to @ScouseSte who has brought up fair points.

• @Dr-Jan-Itor
    No I don't know if they can afford them to do it. I DO trust them to do it when they can, it just makes sense.
    Yes I do know where they are reinvesting their profits (substantial amounts are going into advertising and tech).
    They gave clarity, they said there are no plans to increase them.

• I’m currently 4.01% up in the last 7 days which is over £900 on my current portfolio. I’ve invested heavily in the RB teams since the start of the season though so perhaps I’m one of the fortunate few.

• Hi everyone

So its been an interesting month so far as a new user (since July) I can say that i honestly don't know what to make of it. A dip/drop like this, the like of which i have not seen before in my short time here on the platform, i am not going to lie it is been very disconcerting. Its been hard watching the profit i had built up over the last two months dwindle away for no apparent reason (8.5% at its peak down to 2.54% currently). When things started to slide i began to track my portfolio performance on a graph against my deposits and to be fair by doing this i actually alleviated a few fears as yes there were a few dips here and there but there was always a mini recovery, this week its not looking so good. For those that are interested my graph of my port performance is below,

0_1569064755542_upload-fe144039-9c52-498f-835f-3a5181690f48

Its all very well saying that peoples all time profits are still high and that this is just a cycle or just a correction and yes i am well aware that this is a gambling platform and that no one has a god given right just to make free cash out of this. However myself and people who joined around the same time as me just have not had the time to build up up some mad ROI % and have not benefited from the numerous deposit bonuses that have been done over the last year nor did we benefit from the share split either. So this drop does feel like a bit of a kick in the teeth so to speak (rightly or wrongly) Having said that I want to be here for the long haul and i am not looking to pull out my money especially now as there there is no point in doing so as i would lose most of what profit i have to FI's Commission so i guess i will have to stick it out.

What i would like to know is, those of you out there that feel that this is nothing more then just another FI cycle, how confident are you in this assumption can you put a % on it ? how long are we expecting this current cycle to last before it changes?

More importantly is this actually a good opportunity for those of us that trade in the top 200 market. After all people are always saying that you should always try and buy the dip on individual players, well the players are dipping everywhere, maybe the right move is to invest more capital increase player holdings while they are cheap and when the market in the top 200 recovers (which it must do at some point whether this is by just the changing o f the current cycle or by some sort of div increase or whatever) then when you come out the other side (provided that you have a port filled with good players and div earners) then you should be in a better position after the dip then you were before?

Like i say i really don't know what the right call is, would appreciate any insight from those who have been around the block a few times and have seen this happen before. Like does this happen (money draining out of the top 200 players) on a regular/periodic basis like every few months or so or whatever and its something that if you trade in the top end of the market you just have to deal with?

Today was the day that i had marked in the calendar to increase my holdings in both Sterling and Sancho by another 10 futures in each in order to renew their IPD potential over the next 30 days, while the fixtures for City and Dortmond are good.

Now i am not so sure if i should bother, I guess i got to 2pm to decide.

• @Chris-C

Hi Chris

That's the key point...NOBODY KNOWS where is a safe bet to put your money right now.
    Your guess is as good as ours mate!

Good luck whoever you go for. I hold Sterling but I'm reluctant to even recommend HIM because if he scores it's still possible he will drop. The index is batshit crazy right now 😂

• @ScouseSte

yep bat shit crazy sums it up nicely, and that's without taking into account having to play Pep Roulette each week with my luck it will be Sterling rested on the bench like KDB last time around.

Good luck to you as well, hope Salah has a good week for you and picks up some value, i don't hold so at least i dodged that bullet.

• @ScouseSte I don't mean to be rude but i feel like you are building up a certain degree of self-induced hysteria. Yes the market is very volatile. I feel that i am still sticking to my low-risk strategy and I am fairly steady at the moment. For example at the end of the season i started to buy low cost Euro 2020 players as well as low cost players who had qualified for the Europa League. I wont give specific examples in this thread as i don't want to look like i am pumping in this discussion, but i regard these to be safe (ish) low cost options. so far none of them are coming in lower than i bought them for.

As i mentioned in another thread, there are clear arguments as to why to top players are dropping. Just because they have always risen in the past and paid a level of MB/PB in the past doesn't mean they should continue to sky rocket.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.