Port (bleeding badly)

• @Tom77 said in Port (bleeding badly):

I think people are excepting to much to soon.

I hope there isn't a bonus.

Fi can wait a few months and then give us a div increase imo.

FI shouldn’t really need to do a bonus until maybe next May and ramp up customers for the Euro’s.

Please no bonus! It just sends the wrong message if the market needs to be artificially stimulated in this way.
    Let the market do it's own thing for the next few months and a div increase in the new year would be about right. For me, the market is about as rational as it's ever been - players producing good PB scores are rising and those over-priced ones that aren't are falling.

• @janner73 I am encouraged that traders seem to be trading heavily on PB at the moment. As you say the market is as rational as its ever been (though maybe that's not saying much!), and I think we all want the market to be driven primarily by dividends.

What frustrates me at the moment, is that even though we are seeing decisions made primarily regarding dividends, there is still a painfully short-term focus to trading. Players are getting dumped for turning in one or two average PB performances - players that we know are going to be great dividend earners over the course of a season.

Not even Messi can score 200+ every single game, and only one player per position can win dividends on any given match day. If your players don't win on any given weekend, that is no reason to dump them. Someone like Kane will get plenty of dividends over the course of this season, and won PB just a few days ago, yet after not scoring against Palace and returning a relatively average PB score, his price dropped.

Also, another slight gripe is that traders seem to be over-emphasising PB in their trading and ignoring MB. MB is the easiest way to make money on FI, yet at present i see almost no trading related to MB. Neymar was winning MB day after day after day, yet his price went nowhere. Rashford will be a fine MB/PB player this season, but his price is plummeting.

As usual with FI, any trend that occurs seems to be totally take over and all other forms of trading seem futile while that trend is playing out. I would love to see a bit more balance - maybe that is wishful thinking!

• @Wotabeast said in Port (bleeding badly):

@janner73 I am encouraged that traders seem to be trading heavily on PB at the moment. As you say the market is as rational as its ever been (though maybe that's not saying much!), and I think we all want the market to be driven primarily by dividends.

Not even Messi can score 200+ every single game, and only one player per position can win dividends on any given match day. If your players don't win on any given weekend, that is no reason to dump them. Someone like Kane will get plenty of dividends over the course of this season, and won PB just a few days ago, yet after not scoring against Palace and returning a relatively average PB score, his price dropped.

Also, another slight gripe is that traders seem to be over-emphasising PB in their trading and ignoring MB. MB is the easiest way to make money on FI, yet at present i see almost no trading related to MB. Neymar was winning MB day after day after day, yet his price went nowhere. Rashford will be a fine MB/PB player this season, but his price is plummeting.

These points are a result of the ceiling being reached at the top end and will only get resolved once they revise the dividends

• @Wotabeast said in Port (bleeding badly):

What frustrates me at the moment, is that even though we are seeing decisions made primarily regarding dividends, there is still a painfully short-term focus to trading. Players are getting dumped for turning in one or two average PB performances - players that we know are going to be great dividend earners over the course of a season.

This is true - I think the top end is being squeezed and so patience is less with them given the premium on them. Midfielders is where PB winners seem to be most predictable at the moment - the likes of Sensi, Jordan, KDB who are the centre of everything their team does and have European football as well. Alongside goalscorers in the Dutch league who seem to be very popular this year.

• @Advinculas-Index Yeah i think you're right. I agree with your point above that the best course of action would be an announcement regarding dividends followed by a boost initiated maybe two weeks later. I always thought the SS announcement and implementation were too far apart, though maybe they needed that time for testing. With increased dividends there shouldn't be the need for further development/testing in the same way.

The only question is how long can we wait until they announce it? Or could they make a birthday announcement like they did back in December 2018 about the SS, saying something vague like "dividend restructure coming by the end of the year", then wait until later to make the announcement and implementation?

• @janner73 Yes - so far there have been a few players who look very promising for PB this season. However its important to remember its still early days with a very small sample of matches. If those guys continue in the same vein for the whole season they will all be pushing towards the top 20 for sure. I personally still think that unless a player has significant MB potential to go with the PB though, they will struggle to justify a top 10 place.

• Could it be with the so called top end performers now being squeezed, that people who have been in since the start with the likes of Pogba and Neymar are slowly selling up, at great profit, hence the lack of growth at the top? Rashford still remains a mystery mind? There must be some whales out there who are now beginning to realise their profit and cash in.

• @Wotabeast It all depends what percentage yield people are prepared to accept for PB players if they keep on winning. But it is worth cautioning after so few games. There are graphs last season where players started well with a couple of wins - Jonas Hofmann, Sigurdsson are examples - and then fell away in price. it's perfectly reasonable to expect some of these players not to continue their form all season.

• @Weedster

Its another point worth considering with the 3 or 4 years coming up on some of the trades that the bigger hitters will have been sitting on

• We are currently at a point where a 40-70p player can gain 25% value by having a good game. Most people know that they player who has had that good game is probably not good enough to have similar game weeks, so they cash out and go onto the next week.

Short term Cap app is currently the best way of earning money for traders who don't have 1000s in their portfolio. Until dividends increase, this will continue.

I currently have shares in 19p Allan Nyom, because I know with an assist, I'll be able able to make 10-15% after commission in a weekend
    I also hold Pogba and can currently see no way he increases by that amount across a whole season.

Until dividends increase, lower value holds are king

• @Alpilgrim Same as me; I have Jordan, Orsolini and Deulofeu and I am up 1.12% in the last 24hr plus some divs from them (even many other players in my port drop 1-5p). PB players will be driving the market and it is important to get in them.

• @Friedeggs i haven’t read all the thread but maybe the first 20 or so. It seems to be Rashford that’s dragging you ( I also hold ). I thought myself he’d go up after the pen on Saturday but he actually went down by 1p immediately after 😢.
    Personally I had a very good week despite Rashford ( large hold in Boadu Stengs and Pellegrini amongst others )

• Once again I've taken another week's time out.
    I'll be able to enjoy the champions league and Europa League games now, oblivious to the bizarre sell offs that will inevitably happen when my holds perform well (yep, no logic at all on FI at the moment!)

I agree with what somebody said earlier on in the thread (sorry can't remember who), that the next step FI take is crucial to my own personal future on here - if it's yet another deposit bonus, I'm out. Perfect timing to sell to market.
    If there is any hint of a dividend increase, I'm committed to my portfolio.

It's not negative to be honest with oneself - the game HAS changed, behaviours HAVE changed. Those saying "it's just a phase, it's cyclical" are kidding themselves. A dividend increase is paramount to restoring value to the top of the index and provide SOME degree of "safe" investment.

As far as I'm concerned, FI has become too much of a lottery and I'm not enjoying it much at all any more.

• I’m going to wind down my involvement. I’m going to maybe leave Bale and Carrasco but liquidate all others, there’s too many players in the index and that’s splitting money over all the different shares. Unless you’re certain a player is about to perform exceptionally well then you just shuffling money around and then losing come sale time on commission. More people are considering getting out than coming in

• I've just worked out that since the 15th of last month the footie has increased by 4.8%.
    In that time my port and cash total value has increased by 9%.

So for the past 2 and a half weeks where my port has been completely flat (up and down within about 1%) I've still made money, even though its been getting quite frustrating watching the port even itself out with risers and fallers every weekend.

Looking at results longer term seems to help my outlook at the minute for a bit of perspective, so I'll just try that for now!

• We're putting cash in for a 3 year hold, maybe the top end is struggling at the moment but I think it's fair to assume there will be a dividend increase or even a share split within that time. For that reason I'm holding on to players like Rashford, Pogba etc, keep some dividends coming in and top up if/when their values dip. I'm trying to get involved at the low end quick flip with new deposits but dont have the time and cant really be arsed to be trading so often paying all the commission.

• Looking through my port there, I'm only really feeling the pain on 2 players, pog and rash. And I'm still in the green on rash.

Other than that I've felt it a little bit from sancho (still green), vvd and almada. Other than that it's just stagnant, or just a few pence down on players like fernandes and foden but hardly even worth mentioning them at the minute for what they've lost.

I dont know if the perception is that high end players across the board are haemmorraghing but from my end it's just a couple really, but they've dropped enough for it to hurt a little bit

• @ScouseSte said in Port (bleeding badly):

Once again I've taken another week's time out.
    I'll be able to enjoy the champions league and Europa League games now, oblivious to the bizarre sell offs that will inevitably happen when my holds perform well (yep, no logic at all on FI at the moment!)

I agree with what somebody said earlier on in the thread (sorry can't remember who), that the next step FI take is crucial to my own personal future on here - if it's yet another deposit bonus, I'm out. Perfect timing to sell to market.
    If there is any hint of a dividend increase, I'm committed to my portfolio.

It's not negative to be honest with oneself - the game HAS changed, behaviours HAVE changed. Those saying "it's just a phase, it's cyclical" are kidding themselves. A dividend increase is paramount to restoring value to the top of the index and provide SOME degree of "safe" investment.

As far as I'm concerned, FI has become too much of a lottery and I'm not enjoying it much at all any more.

I’m pretty sure you would earn at least 20% over the season if you did nothing. FI want people to buy the best players in the world, there will be a div increase at some point.
    Your port will rocket though when they announce an increase.

• What do people think FI will do for their birthday announcement, if they’re going to announce anything at all?

• @Andy Fulham training kits and opening up of mb to all players

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.