Port (bleeding badly)

• @MickTurbo said in Port (bleeding badly):

I wonder if theyd consider having treble media on single and double match days.

I think this would make sense given they are opening up MB to all. It could be an indirect interim dividend rise, before a bigger one at the end of the year.

• Remember when you are seeing gains others will be seeing drops or no gains. Over the last 7 days I'm up 8%. Be patient!

• Anyone else’s port still dropping consistently? I’m down almost £100 in the past 7 days

• @Andy said in Port (bleeding badly):

Anyone else’s port still dropping consistently? I’m down almost £100 in the past 7 days

Yeah, most of us are in the same boat.

At times like these, a diversified portfolio proves it's worth.

I lose money on big hitters, I make money on small fry, and my portfolio goes up and down like a yoyo.

Patience is key.

• I have what i consider to be a balanced port with players at the top end right down to the lower end
    and i have dropped around 1.7% in the last 2 weeks from my highest point.

im not overly concerned at the moment but im hoping that something changes before the end of the month.

• I am Bruno Xadas and I will be king of the index!
    👑👑👑

• There could be huge drops this evening if Greenwood, Stengs, Boadu etc. don’t get on the scoresheet.
    It could get worse before it gets better imo.
    I hold just over 100 players and while the port is stagnant or slightly down the last while I’m not worrying

• Down almost 4% since the end of August. Pogba and Sancho a big contributing factor, simple fact is though the players in my port just aren't performing and are just being sold off daily. Not panicking though, I look at my port and am confident 6 months down the line I will be in profit on 90% of my players :)

• @johnboywalker @Advinculas-Index glad to see I’m not the only one. I consider my port to be quite diverse, got players from £1-£6.
    People seem to be losing confidence in certain players though, not many people seem to be fancying the likes of Brandt/Rashford atm (2 largest holds). Hopefully this will change in the near future. It’s 5/6 games in!

• @Andy

Your first instinct will almost always be an overreaction when you are losing money.

In relation to Rashford, I wouldn't be too concerned.

He already plays for the biggest club in the world (for MB purposes). He wont be sold anytime soon. He is a penalty taker and spearhead of the Utd attack. He is a young English international and has already shown glimpses of his potential.

The only thing lacking is consistency, as with most wonderkids.

Once that comes, you then have yourself a goose that lays golden eggs.

• @Andy @Advinculas-Index I also hold a similar looking portfolio with a few priced as low as 50p and some of the big hitters as well. I find your posts comforting actually. I've read alot about how it's the bottom end of the market that is booming etc etc and those that only hold big players that are falling. Which baffled me as my portfolio value has slowly been ebbing away despite holding a number of lower end players who are mostly stagnant or dipped a fraction. I suspect most people are in our position but less vocal about it. The foosie could be down 50,000 on a day and some people would still be boasting about how theirs is rocketing due to their amazing strategy blah blah blah

• @Gregolocky I suppose it boils down to if you are bothered if they score or not.

If you are, sell nowat, I imagine profit, and buy if the drop happens. If you aren't ride the drop if you truly believe in the player

• As I remember it. A few weeks ago, everytime I refreshed, I’d made a tenner and I was refreshing regularly. The forum was full of positivity, everyone cheery. I nearly posted at the time, that we’d be full of doom and gloom soon and here we are.
    I’ve been on since April 18, so I guess I’m getting long in the tooth. We have been here before. The boom will return. Pog and Neymar will be worth a tenner, Bruno Martella will have filled a full back spot at Man City, Luis advincula will have had that Xmas move to la Liga, paqueta will stop acting like a child, I’ll be a millionaire and everyone will be happy.
    Relax and hold.....
    And buy advincula, martella, paqueta..........please

• im not worried as its ony really a month into the season but its the first time since june my 7 day stats have been in the red by 24 quid..think its mainly due to pogba ..youssuf poulson....salah..hazard..kimmich...main one is bruno fernandes £56 quid down but i hold 200 of him as im pretty sure hes off next summer also with euros

• @Andy Mine continues to drop daily, Iv had one day in green since August 22nd weekend and its been downhill from there. Im another £54 down in last 7 days and £14 down in last 24 hours. I can't be a day trader due to work and not having access to a phone, hence I joined this platform as I was of the opinion it was at that time more of a longer term trading platform.

• CALLING...Adam Cole....sort this birthday bonus out ASAP....

• @Moukoko Me personally, I’m not bothered about any player in my port dropping. I’m in this for the long haul and there will be plenty of times for me to exit my position in any player during my three year hold.
    Sadly many others don’t have the same mentality atm. This is why the players I mentioned will drop this evening without a performance imo. Especially after their recent surge in price.

• @Gregolocky I suppose I mean, would you take the risk if selling up, seeing the drop and buying back, or would you be horrified if he then scored and rocketed and you couldn't buy back in?

• @Moukoko I get ya now, very very rarely would I sell and buy back in such a short space of time.
    It’s just not really part of my strategy. I mean they’d have to drop quite significantly for me to do so.
    I wouldn’t say I’d be horrified, I’d have sold at a profit I was happy with at the time. But of course you’d always think if only I’d held on that little bit longer.

• @Gregolocky FOMO!!

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.