Port (bleeding badly)

• @ScouseSte By logic though the drops aren't irrational in that other users think it is rational to sell their shares. The whole premise of the platform is that every person sees value in different areas. I hold some of the big players, and some of the medium players who have dropped in price. With every one of them i can accept a reason why they have dropped. If you cant see any reason at all for these players to fall then you may well find more of your players dropping and yourself unable to sell.

• @MrWh1te This is exactly the point.

• @ScouseSte said in Port (bleeding badly):

@NewUser731
    Once again, it's not about skyrocketing or greed or anything like that. It's about players who are playing well, scoring, are in the champions league and yet are losing BIG AMOUNTS. No injury concern, no fear of getting dropped, still winning divs. Yet their share prices plummeting.

All I want is for them to at least RETAIN their price - if they are injured or playing badly then I'll accept the drops but these irrational drops I do not accept

I haven’t looked but please give me an example of a top player fitting all that and dropping huge amounts

In % please.

• @ScouseSte said in Port (bleeding badly):

@NewUser731
    Once again, it's not about skyrocketing or greed or anything like that. It's about players who are playing well, scoring, are in the champions league and yet are losing BIG AMOUNTS. No injury concern, no fear of getting dropped, still winning divs. Yet their share prices plummeting.

All I want is for them to at least RETAIN their price - if they are injured or playing badly then I'll accept the drops but these irrational drops I do not accept

From reading your posts, I can see you are struggling with things at the minute mate, and I'm aware how long you have been on the platform.

Losing money is never fun.

But maybe the market behaviour at the moment is completely rational. Perhaps the top third of the market is already overpriced, and has been for months.

What will happen in the future is open to debate, but consider this.

The lower end of the market continues to bridge the gap with the top end. In this instance, a dividend increase would be the natural step once this has occurred.

Thereafter, users start to see value in the top end once more and the proven dividend winners surge away, as they always do.

These are the cycles of the index.

Then we all start asking for another share split. 😉

Show some patience and you will be rewarded mate, I'm almost certain. The bet lasts 3 years.

You will not leave empty handed. I can guarantee you that.

• @johnboywalker you talk some sense. 👌

You can top up & accept your going to be in the red for however long the trend goes - probably until the next dividends increase.

AC said in May they have no plans to increase dividends for the foreseeable, why would he change his mind just 4 months later? - Of course he could, 🤔 but why would he when the footie is generally up? Likely to be the Euro's for me or next season before it happens.

They are spending big on advertising, marketing & technology advances at present. The have to manage the money carefully. There's no point putting dividends up if they have to reduce them again if the going gets tough. That would be the nail in the coffin.

So stick with the red & wait for the wind to change (which it will) or if you want to continue to see more instant profits, change strategy, leave the top guys alone & go where the market increases currently are.

Both choices will prove to be correct in the long run - just one will be more profitable than the other.

• @NewUser731 @MrWh1te @TeamGB @johnboywalker @janner73 all consistently talking absolute sense at the minute.....

Sorry if I've missed anyone off with one or two comments but that was just off the top of my head as they've all been very vocal recently. 👍

• @Ericali you've lost your head... Mr White has never and will never talk sense. Just the side of the argument you are on. I don't really disagree with anything the others are saying, when it comes to voice of reason can't look beyond @janner73

• @Vespasian32 said in Port (bleeding badly):

@Ericali you've lost your head... Mr White has never and will never talk sense. Just the side of the argument you are on. I don't really disagree with anything the others are saying, when it comes to voice of reason can't look beyond @janner73

It's not the side of the argument I'm on....

If you read my above post, I've said both sides will ultimately end up correct. Just one side will out perform the other.

The side what's "losing" now just needs to stop panicking about seeing red.

If you can't handle seeing red then your not a long term trader.

Better off going where the money currently is - and it's not with the top 50.

People can choose their own path.

The mentally weak will take their ball in because they've made 50%+ then lost 5-10% over the past 6-8 weeks.

18 months later (after the dividend increases) they will be left ruing a missed opportunity.

• I've said my piece, aired my concerns and vented my frustration. That's it from me.
    Not another word on the matter.

Hopefully I'll be spewing positivity and joy in a few months time

• @ScouseSte you're sticking around then?

I've took another battering the last 48 hours but I said I'd give it till the end of October and i will

Edit: just noticed castagne has now gone red for me. Genuinely baffled by that

• @MickTurbo Castagne hasn’t made a league appearance this season, just an unused sub twice. So that will explain that.
    The dividend winners at the top of the market are the poison at present but I don’t see the point in offloading now, they can only drop so far.
    Luckily, I’ve no £4+ players and have made 2% this week with a dropping footie but nonetheless as I’ve said elsewhere, it’s not a good sign when dividend winners with crucially better yields than the vast majority of the market are weak. That’s not a correctly functioning market.
    I’ve got £1-£2 players with frankly very little chance of a real dividend, but they’re young and fashionable!

• Pogba will almost certainly yield 25%+ this season and I hold an anonymous player whom I’ve taken from 89p to £1.50+ in two months. Hasn’t won a real dividend and I don’t expect him to.
    It’s strange when people are letting good yields walk on by and pick up duds (guilty, but I know that’s what’ll pay).

• @MickTurbo glad it’s not just me! I posted in the other thread and it sounded like everybody is going up!? 😂😳

• @Londoner true
    just wish bernardo went up more after a hatrick
    and thought i had more saka but it is whatit is

• A lot of people saying on here that the £1-£2 market is booming this is not really true, Hamza choudhury, Alex Oxlade, Andy Robertson all dropping quickly, lucas digne, richarlison, dwight Mcneil, Dele alli, Ross Barkley, Ryan Fraser and Zinchencko all plummeting, These are all well seasoned or good young premier league regulars, all under £2 and dropping like crazy, people need to wake up and realize the market is broken!

• @Timothee-Atouba thing with castagne is hes just getting back from injury, pb friendly, cl footy, young and probably at the euros, and hes dead cheap so he was one player I thought might be unscathed. Not really bothered as I've pretty much stopped bothering with it all in the last couple of days but it was a surprise .

@HPcoys definitely not only u bud, I think most of us are taking a hit

• Down 2% over the last 7 days, it surely can’t keep dropping can it. I get why the more experienced guys are saying being patient it can’t keep rising but if you never experienced the rises then it’s frustrating watching the red.

• When people bet on skybet and lose £100 in one game its forgotten almost instantly, where else are you going to be able to keep your bet for 3 years and win dividends along the way.

Think about it chaps.

Dips happen.

• @Tom77
    You are right, but on skybet you don't get your losses in big red numbers on every page you click on like you do here, so people would (I assume) notice it more here.

• @Aquarius damn straight. I hold many players under 2quid and most of them are either stagnant or in decline- from slight decline to a couple of plummets. One of them a 66p midfielder in pb who scored this weekend. Sure there a few players doing well, but for some people to pretend the bottom half of the market is booming is incorrect

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.