What birthday present do you want?

• FI's 4th Birthday is coming up, 21st Sept iirc, so what would be the ideal present for FI management to give to it's customers?

There's sometimes a difference between what you want personally & what you think would be best for the future health & growth of the platform; 2 popular choices are a dividend increase (market has doubled recently so dividend yields are now declining rapidly) & a deposit bonus (provides short term boost & many new users will never have been given "free money" before).

I think expecting both might be a bit greedy but possibly both by New Year would be possible. Many are maybe desperate for a Fulham training kit having been left bereft by missing out on the recent £10k prize drop or are losing sleep over the colour of the buy/sell buttons or perhaps simply fixing the many reported IT glitches maybe the best present ever? - Thoughts & discussion welcome...

• @NewUser159387 You just about remembered the important things.
    Personally I want the buy/sell and the colour scheme switched and a Fulham training shirt so I can be absolutely rinsed regardless of where I decide to wear it.

• For the 4th birthday I would be happy if all they did was launch the new beta site, provide an update on tech and order books, and maybe a prize draw. I absolutely do not want to see a deposit bonus or any other attempt to artificially stimulate the market - for this platform to be sustainable the market needs to get out of the habit of expecting stuff all the time - when FI give something it should be a surprise.

At some point in the next 3-6 months I would like to see a div increase.

• @janner73 Agree, I’m hugely against a bonus and somebody mentioned elsewhere the best thing would be announcing a dividend increase, details to come, then we get weeks of anticipation/positive market. It’d be better than an immediate rise.

• div increase and more placings paid, ipd paid for longer, tighter spreads across the board and get rid of the betting tax on losing trades, fat chance of any of them happening, FI have no chance of keeping big holders in its current state

• I’d like them to announce a div increase in the not to distance future, far to many people getting panicky about short term flippers and some reassurance would do the market a lot of good knowing that top players will get a div increase.
    The cream always rises, check PB data - the top players should be rewarded.

• Needs to be increase dividends, not enough value in top players with current dividends

• Absolutely not a deposit bonus - it is too artificial a boost, and I think the market is sustainable enough without them now. It has entered a new period of maturity.

Personally I would like to see a dividend increase - I think with MB opening up and given how expensive many players are now, it is time. Please no more increases in IPDs.

• As there's not going to be a div increase (FI have made it pretty clear in past Q and As there won't be another one this year) I want a bonus. Always exciting and some forget this is a gambling product that needs some stimulation and buzz sometimes. Otherwise many traditional gamblers on here will get bored and quit.

• @janner73 said in What birthday present do you want?:

For the 4th birthday I would be happy if all they did was launch the new beta site,

Agree!

• @Hotspur said in What birthday present do you want?:

As there's not going to be a div increase (FI have made it pretty clear in past Q and As there won't be another one this year) I want a bonus. Always exciting and some forget this is a gambling product that needs some stimulation and buzz sometimes. Otherwise many traditional gamblers on here will get bored and quit.

Maybe they haven't said they will be no dividend increases numerically, but it means there is still a way for them to do it indirectly - e.g. treble media every day (which makes sense with MB opening up).

Also that doesn't mean they won't react to changes in the market; they have the power to change their minds.

Saying that, I don't think we will see a dividend increase. In fact, i'm not sure we will see anything - maybe they will want to break the cycle of people thinking they will always do something in September. But certainly I WANT to see a dividend increase.

• Something for keepers - pretty much diddlesquat reason to buy them other than the teeeeeeeny weeeeeeny yellow polka dot bikini chance they get a clean sheet.

• FI can do whatever they like. But they must be acutely aware that this time last year the market was one third the size and since then, excluding ipd’s the core product has seen a sub 20% increase. Now I’m no high flyer but I do know that isn’t sustainable. It doesn’t fit.

• £10 cash draw, announcement of a future PB dividends increase, announcement of the opening up date for all on MB and announcement of launch date of beta upgrade.

Definitely no bonus, too volatile, too short term, too unsustainable and personally I would struggle to raise the stake. Also some on the forum are suggesting they would take the opportunity to cash out on a spike and leave FI and this is the last thing FI would want.

• Keep it simple.

Buy One Get One Free

On a more serious note,

1. Remove top 200 (media open to all)
    2. Tiered PB for Double and Treble days. Or a trial run of it for the Champions League knockout stages.
    3. Add European media outlets
    4. ReCaptcha button
    5. Instant IPD payouts for a weekend (trial with a view towards implementing as a permanent feature)

• Div increase. 4 free shares in every player on the index.

• alt text

• actually … to sting all those arseholes who have withdrawn en masse predicting a bonus... id like a bonus... but for it to reward our current status. 5% cash back on port value at time of statement

• @Vespasian32 stinging or burning bridges?

• @Metropolis yeh true.. throw in a div increase too :)

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.