Young Players outside of PB leagues - safest holds?

• We are seeing big rises recently in the likes of Haaland, Eze, Daka, Malen and many others.

Are young players outside of PB leagues the safest holds currently?

They are pretty much immune to the ever-frustrating post-game sell offs. They are also going to continue to rise in anticipation of transfer windows.

Young high potential players have always been hot property on here but it would appear for the first time that big money is being shifted from the traditional ‘safe holds’ into more speculative players with pretty much 0 chance of dividends at their current clubs.

• I think it's a very good view but just like every other cycle in the market there will be a point where people start cashing out, when that happens the risk is higher with these players as nothing but a potential move to prop up thier value.

So 'safe' hold today race to the bottom tomorrow.

• Youths in non PB leagues offer far greater value than the likes Mason Greenwood and the Parrot boy who haven't a senior goal to their name. With a player like Malen he's a youngster scoring regular and making strides with the national team. He's likely to continue scoring within a poor league. He's bound to attract rumours. Alot of these youngsters could see further growth in the lead upto the winter transfer window. You've got to know when to jump ship. It's usually the first Manchester United rumour for me.

Halands price looked to have reached a ceiling recently but a hat trick prior to the start of the champions League sure helped it rocket. Salzburg investors have had the dream opening game in the CL. At home to perhaps the weakest team. Looking at the Daka price it's not gone unnoticed. Boom or bust tonight though if Salzburg don't deliver. Alot of the Salzburg prices I think a built on hopeful CL success. Tough job if they don't win tonight.

• This was my first strategy, I had a port full of em. As I learned the ropes I moved away, if I'd stayed on em I'd have probably done better than I have.

Started to move a portion of my port back in this direction. Some i held are now in PB, and I'd of main an absolute killing, but even those who havent moved yet havent exactly crashed

• Unfortunately the two I want haven't ipo'd. Evert Linthorst and Kik Petrie, both in Eredivisie

• @Chris-J Thiago Almada. Id say his price has levelled off and is likely to get a lot of transfer speculation. Been linked to Man City and Athletico and im sure plenty more interest will be declared before next summer

• Almada is another one of the Mason Greenwood types. All pure speculation and not alot of playing time. One of these guys is going to nosedive soon. These are the youth prices I don't understand at all. There's mileage in riding a hype wave as plenty of Greenwood investors can attest to. It's hard to know when to get on and off though since they spend there time on benches. There comes a time when sat on a bench doesn't offer value. Surely.

• @Chris-J

Surely someone must have mentioned it .. Grimaldo .. regualr for benfica playing tonight also.. should eb in a pb league before too long

• @Dalien-Smith said in Young Players outside of PB leagues - safest holds?:

Almada is another one of the Mason Greenwood types. All pure speculation and not alot of playing time. One of these guys is going to nosedive soon. These are the youth prices I don't understand at all. There's mileage in riding a hype wave as plenty of Greenwood investors can attest to. It's hard to know when to get on and off though since they spend there time on benches. There comes a time when sat on a bench doesn't offer value. Surely.

Difference being that Almada is playing and his manager has stated he’s far too good to not play. Also Almada hasnt yet grown to the heights of Greenwood so theres very little chance of the nose dive you mention.

• @Black-wolf said in Young Players outside of PB leagues - safest holds?:

@Dalien-Smith said in Young Players outside of PB leagues - safest holds?:

Almada is another one of the Mason Greenwood types. All pure speculation and not alot of playing time. One of these guys is going to nosedive soon. These are the youth prices I don't understand at all. There's mileage in riding a hype wave as plenty of Greenwood investors can attest to. It's hard to know when to get on and off though since they spend there time on benches. There comes a time when sat on a bench doesn't offer value. Surely.

Difference being that Almada is playing and his manager has stated he’s far too good to not play. Also Almada hasnt yet grown to the heights of Greenwood so theres very little chance of the nose dive you mention.

Amaechi has dropped 50% from his high after all his hype.
    Now playing league 2 football. (Could come back though).

• I hold Ruben Dias (Benfica) and am quite down on him, however he WILL be in a PB league in the next year or so, and I think the only way is up (especially as rumours constantly link him with Man U). I think he's pretty safe, and only 87p.

• @Tom77 im not saying youth players cant drop im only pointing out that hasnt had the rise based on hype or speculation yet so he is of less tisk of any kind of major drop in price. I think any money that is now in him will be for the long term. He rose at his IPO obviously then dropped and has very slowly started climbing again

• Joao Jota Felipe started last night for Benfica, extremely talented kid at 19. Former youth team coach is manager there so will be looking to push him on as much as possible. Benfica has got plenty of depth up front so he wount play all the time but he will develop into a quality player and get the big move to a top league in the same style as Felix. Safe hold over next year.

• @Black-wolf Almada has just signed a 4 year contract with a 25 million release clause. To date he has don nothing to justify paying the release clause. His price is purely based on hype and rumour. Hard to see him move this season especially after signing the new contract. Surely his price can only go one way unless a rumour comes along. For me hes very expensive with little to back him up. I can get 18 year old Szobozolai for 1.70. A full international player playing champions league football yet Almadais more expensive.

• Florinel Coman may be another to look into. I believe he’s 50p currently playing in romania for FCSB. He’s been a machine in the u21 euro qualifiers and scored 2 against England’s u21s. If the romanian hype over him is to be believed he could turn into quite a player. They are calling him romania’s Mbappe not sure how similar they really are but hopefully a move to a PB league will be on the cards in the future. Romania look to have a bery good u21 side theres a few potential stars in there

• @Dalien-Smith And for 30p less than Szobozloai I can get 20 year old Justin Kluivert who has Europa League football and has started every game for Roma already in a PB league. This guy has far more potential than a lot of the kids priced higher than him - he's been neglected a little because he struggled in his first season - that's an adaptation all the current non PB youngsters will have to go through if they move to a PB league. Kluivert is ready to break out in a PB league, has been tracked by Man Utd previously and has a more MB friendly name/ famous dad than Haland.

• @Dalien-Smith that contract is purely there to raise the price as he had a release clause of 15 million before and velez did everything they could to block his sale to Man City. Hes been linked to Athletico aswell. Im pretty sure he’ll move within the next year or so

• @Black-wolf And also forgetting IPO prices which is key to understanding how much money is in a player. Almada may be higher at £1.81 than Szoboszlai at £1.70, but Almada IPO at £1.10 and Szoboszlai at 30p.
    Szoboszlai currently trading £1.40 above IPO price, Almada only 70p above IPO price.
    And proves why price comparisons don't work - Szoboszlai whilst slightly cheaper can fall a lot further than Almada if it doesn't work out.

• @janner73 I was making the comparison with teenagers. Teenagers do seem to carry a higher premium on here but Kluiverts done reasonably well throughout his youth but hes a decent way off achieving the current Almada price. The bars quite high for Almada to sustain his current position. Most folk will have jumped off by the time 'the move' happens but that seems along way off and by no means a certainty it will be to one of Europes elite.

• @Dalien-Smith But see the post above the price comparison is unfair - Szoboszlai IPO'd at 30p, Almada at £1.10. There is far more money in Szoboszlai than Almada.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.