Aouar

• This lad has dropped like 7p just because he starts on the bench against zenit! This place is crazy

• @Squire1905 said in Aouar:

This lad has dropped like 7p just because he starts on the bench against zenit! This place is crazy

8p now!

0_1568808886009_upload-17dbd6c5-2ae7-415d-b052-4a11162039a1

• @Londoner I cannot believe how erratic and volatile the market is right now. Feels more like a lottery at the moment.

• @Squire1905 I think it’s frustrating for many people. But look on the bright side. People cannot continue to merrily instant sell at the drop of a hat (particularly £2+ players) it’s not financially viable. There are a lot of new traders about, learning the ropes, making mistakes, going through players like a dose of salts, being easily lead. Then, if it continues to carry on how you don’t like it (I’m not a fan of current trading patterns either) you have the freedom to walk.
    I think a lot of people who prefer the more patient/level headed/realistic approach may find the forthcoming Sportstack more their cup of tea.

• @Squire1905 Yea the short-sightedness is unbelievable.

Instant selling proven FI performers for not starting/scoring/minor injuries in a single game - For most players there will be 150+ games over a 3 year hold so what happens in todays game is minor in the grand scheme.

• @Timothee-Atouba If it carries on the way it is I won't be walking but I will be reducing the amount I am investing. I got involved in FI because I believed I was knowledgeable about football but it is quickly becoming a place where football knowledge isn't actually required.

• I get so bored of logging in to the forum and reading pages upon pages upon pages of people slagging the product off and questioning those running it etc. However, hats off to @Chris-J and @Squire1905 above who have both made quite simple points but in a very mature way. We need more of this.

We all know that FI have an eye on this forum.

Take this onboard or completely ignore it, I couldn't care less. I just think that from time to time it's worth stating how you feel (about FI in general) without going overboard and threatening to remove your involvement entirely.

• Quality player that I'm down 10p on at the moment. Instead of panicking I'm going to reinvest my dividends into him, reducing my average cost per future and then when he booms again I'll be extremely happy.

If you trade long term then don't stress over short term dips.

• Just because short term traders sell at the drop of a hat doesn't mean they won't jump right back on again when they perform, along with pb chasers etc. Maybe it will just give us more opportunities to top up on long term holds that we wouldn't get otherwise. The rises for a good performance still seem to be bigger than the drops for bad performance.

• @BlayneB problem is for eg aouar has good performance and goes up 20p, you still havent made any money when you factor in an obscene 20p spread, infact adding on 2% tax means you are still at a loss, whereas bad perf/subbed/dropped and he drops for eg 10pts then you are 10p down per share, spreads are killing this site for trading, im actually confused as to whether FI want to be a "trading site" or a betting site(because lots of instances the risk/reward would be better at a bookies and thats saying something ;)

i put 5 shares of kane in sell q a while back as a test, they were unsold for 3 weeks, infact they were not even sold after he scored for england-that is a serious fundamental issue when spurs and englands and arguably europes no1 striker is so ignored, not saying he should be £10 by any means , my issue is liquidity and basic daily buying and selling at top end, i have been trading forex for 20 years and yes its a comp diff market trading trillions but fundamentals are same. spreads spreads and spreads is the issue, make no mistake FI are pulling our pants down on spreads, pogba 40p spread i mean seriously fi get a grip, neymar is 75p higher buy price and has a 22p spread, that is utter nonsense and is another factor affecting pogba trading(just 1 eg), dont even wanna get started on divs :)

• @shilly Sounds like FI might not be the place for you. I very rarely use IS so have no concern about the spreads. In fact I see high spreads as a positive as it protects my holds from “flash crashes” when everyone panics. I use market sell, generally only when a player is in demand, and my shares sell within minutes usually. Also, the 2% is commission that keeps FI running as a business, it is not “tax”.

• sounds like you dont understand economics of spreads, i never said i use IS , and to have no concern for spreads is the biggest mistake you can make, you wont be saying that when eventually new money slows down , and no the 2% is a tax by all definition, the spread is and should be FIs margin there aim is to make money through the spread and not by comm, but thanks for your input all the same :)

• @shilly Ridiculous. When order books come FI wont have that margin - the 2% is their commission. You want to buy shares with next to zero risk and have FI buy them back off you with a minimal spread and not take any commission? Don't think that business would last very long.

• @janner73 said in Aouar:

@shilly Ridiculous. When order books come FI wont have that margin - the 2% is their commission. You want to buy shares with next to zero risk and have FI buy them back off you with a minimal spread and not take any commission? Don't think that business would last very long.

another ridiculous statement it appears, funny how spread betting companies do very well with spread margins, of course there is still a risk, you buy pogba at 6.50 spread is 5p,that 5p is already their margin and my risk at outset of buying, has bad couple of games gets injured price drops there is my further risk, plays well price goes up i can sell or hold for profit, more people buy more people sell as a result of tighter spreads, fi makes increased revenue from spreads from the increased liquidity,

maybe im looking at this site as a trading platform/spreads/stockmarket etc etc when maybe i should be looking at it as a betting site pure and simple in which case you are correct they need a comm% same as betfair, but all known advertising i have seen points to football stockmarket and trading

you think ppl trade indices and forex with upto 10% spreads

• @shilly said in Aouar:

another ridiculous statement it appears, funny how spread betting companies do very well with spread margins, of course there is still a risk, you buy pogba at 6.50 spread is 5p,that 5p is already their margin and my risk at outset of buying,

Thinking too short term - that margin is only temporary. As soon as order books are introduced FI will have no margin as it will be buy orders you are selling to and not FI.

• @janner73 said in Aouar:

@shilly said in Aouar:

another ridiculous statement it appears, funny how spread betting companies do very well with spread margins, of course there is still a risk, you buy pogba at 6.50 spread is 5p,that 5p is already their margin and my risk at outset of buying,

Thinking too short term - that margin is only temporary. As soon as order books are introduced FI will have no margin as it will be buy orders you are selling to and not FI.

i always think long term and yes when they come in margin will be tight, but we are not there yet and for all we know could be another 12 months, in which time these spreads halt liquidity across the board and in particular at top end, i always use pogba as an example but it applies to others at top, if pogba has good game scores assists etc etc hes still not going to get much trading as in 30p rise like others, the value(price) of a player in real terms is his sell price when you are holding, so for someone at top end to get action is difficult for people to risk knowing a good game and not much happens, which is why top end is for want of a better word "slow" bet there are hundreds of people on here who would think more seriously about buying top end if it wasnt for the spreads-they really are crucial , i have no problem with fi making money its a business and we as users need fi to make money, but we also need a platform where all players have the same opportunity for "traffic"
    have they ever quoted a timescale for order books or just said "it will happen"?

• Projected date for the implementation of order books is......... 01/04/2066
    They’re aiming for it to be rolled out and smoothed out by the 100th anniversary of England’s lone World Cup win.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Aouar:

Projected date for the implementation of order books is......... 01/04/2066
    They’re aiming for it to be rolled out and smoothed out by the 100th anniversary of England’s lone World Cup win.

haha

• It would be sooner, but they have a pressing matter at hand that could take up more time than expected. Something to do with colour coding of buy and sell buttons? It’s all too high tech for me.

• @Timothee-Atouba said in Aouar:

It would be sooner, but they have a pressing matter at hand that could take up more time than expected. Something to do with colour coding of buy and sell buttons? It’s all too high tech for me.

@Timothee-Atouba said in Aouar:

It would be sooner, but they have a pressing matter at hand that could take up more time than expected. Something to do with colour coding of buy and sell buttons? It’s all too high tech for me.

what a dilemma, way above my head