21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary)

• I guess it will be what i am like with my wife, what did i get you last year for our 3rd anniversary?

• @NewUser275766 said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

I guess it will be what i am like with my wife, what did i get you last year for our 3rd anniversary?

Do you think FI will take us all out for dinner ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Black-wolf said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

@NewUser275766 said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

I guess it will be what i am like with my wife, what did i get you last year for our 3rd anniversary?

Do you think FI will take us all out for dinner ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Or perhaps, take us all to the cleaners ... ๐Ÿคฃ

• PB and MB increase is on my birthday Wishlist!!

• All I can say is that last year many people were holding back for the birthday 10% bonus. The market went mad on the day and never made so much profit in such a short time. Of course things fell back a bit but continued rising as it was still early in the season. How about a 4% bonus for 4th birthday paid instantly and cashable after a month maybe?

• I think an extra MB place on matchdays is needed when media opens up to everyone, even just 1p for second place would do it, the top end needs a boost.

• @NallyCat Thats actually a really good idea and therefore its not gonna happen ๐Ÿ˜‚

• @Sol So you want to invest in something that has no risk?

• @Pagey74 said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

@Sol So you want to invest in something that has no risk?

We've had it too easy for too long. Because the product has been growing there has been virtually no risk and it's been impossible not to make money. People are having too work harder if they want the same returns they had previously.
    Long-term trading is still fine but expectations on returns for this have to be lowered - we can no longer sit on any player for a year and expect their price to double. If people want the same returns then they actually have to take some risk and also trade a bit more.
    The platform was never going to survive if everyone just long-term trades as sitting and holding makes FI no money. Everyone that has more divs earned than commission paid is a loss to FI so trading has to happen for FI to survive and with that comes more volatility and more risk.
    The short-term traders should be embraced as they are providing FI the income to make the platform sustainable - and that will, at some point in the future, fund a dividend increase.

• I feel something is happening

There seems to be a lot of money being filtered out the top end (I re call this happening last year before an anoucement) so on Saturday I reckon there will be information regarding market suspension on September 30th ( next Monday)

What it will be I donโ€™t know Iโ€™m hoping a div Increase but feel a deposit bonus of 5% Iโ€™m not a fan of that as itโ€™s artificial but ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• @janner73 thatโ€™s my aim to keep my divs above commission ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• @EMBO90 said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

@janner73 thatโ€™s my aim to keep my divs above commission ๐Ÿ‘Œ

For long term traders that will be the aim - but we also have to accept that in doing that we are a cost to FI and they make a loss on those traders. If everyone operated in that way FI couldn't survive. Short term traders just see a profit as a profit and it doesn't matter to them how much commission they pay as long as they are making a profit.

• Depends on the way the heads of sheds at FI Towers think.

If they are enjoying the commission frenzy flipping is going then maybe they leave as is.

If they believe in their marketing push (which is costing them a lot of money and is the way I believe them to go) and the way we bet changing, then they need to look at what keeps peoples money in a player for as long as possible and sell when at a high?

Could the platform sustain IPD's for the lifecycle of a player?
    Could the platform sustain another share split?
    Could the platform sustain binning the media payments?

As for a birthday promo or whatever people are expecting, I would surprise (us) with nothing, no explanation or anything like that. And just drop incentives in every now and then - take the IPO approach :-)

• @janner73 Those traders arenโ€™t a loss to FI.
    Any dividends are more than covered by the cost of the shares.

• @Timothee-Atouba Partly but those shares are also a liability as they could all be IS'd and have to be bought back. If it was my business I would be looking at commission - dividends as my sustainable income. It's unrealistic to think that FI don't need short-term traders to be sustainable.

• Nothing heard about the pre-birthday plans yet? What presents are we getting from the birthday boy?!

• @TeamGB is there even a guarantee they will make an announcement?

• @Andy no guarantee but surely there will be something. Not sure it will be Saturday though as a busy match day... Might be tomorrow as a bit of Friday excitement.

• @NewUser339197 FI is focused on growth. Grow as fast as possible then it will be sold. Short term profit no relevance if that is the strategy. Many, many examples of similar strategies in for want of a better description bitcom companies.

• @LittleFish said in 21st Sept (4th Year Anniversary):

@NewUser339197 FI is focused on growth. Grow as fast as possible then it will be sold. Short term profit no relevance if that is the strategy. Many, many examples of similar strategies in for want of a better description bitcom companies.

All about active user numbers and portfolio size I would have thought.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.