How much profit?

• What profit percentage soes everyone set themselves on their players? Do you have the same percentage irrelevant of purchase price?
    I've been market selling pretty much as soon I get to 17% so that I earn the 15% after commission, thoughts?

• Try not to be too strict - you could potentially be losing out on huge profits by setting yourself unnecessary targets.

The general rule is to hold until they are at a price that you wouldn't be comfortable paying

See example below - If I had sold after 17% I would've moved my money into another player who may not have grown at all whilst watching Rashica grow another £1.

0_1568810979571_upload-e6b721e7-0d01-4492-848d-9bec2a094846

• @Ddr

My players have a whole variety of different hold types, durations and target percentages. You should have a look at my video below on Exit Strategy, it may help.

Exit Strategy: When to Sell?
    https://youtu.be/WuhwkY_RP1s

Hopefully you find it beneficial.

• At the moment I am just over the moon if I am breaking even!

• @Ddr definitely dont set yourself a % profit level at which you sell. You could easily be missing out on massive future profits. The thing to do is continualy assess whether the player is still good value, bearing in mind the reasons why you bought him in the first place, and any changes since.

• @Chris-J said in How much profit?:

Try not to be too strict - you could potentially be losing out on huge profits by setting yourself unnecessary targets.

The general rule is to hold until they are at a price that you wouldn't be comfortable paying

See example below - If I had sold after 17% I would've moved my money into another player who may not have grown at all whilst watching Rashica grow another £1.

Thats some hot shit tasty ass profit there mate! !

• @ScouseSte Yea one of my first purchases - a shame I wasn't too ballsy back then (I suppose on the flip side that prevented some huge fuck ups).

If I saw value like that now i'd be buying 1500+

• @Squire1905 I hear you brother 👍🏿

• @Chris-J said in How much profit?:

Try not to be too strict - you could potentially be losing out on huge profits by setting yourself unnecessary targets.

I kind of see your point - but why worry about it if you still made a winning trade?

95% of the players will go up with the platform growth - you generally only get stuck with someone for 2 months+ if you buy in on a spike like Haaland last night, Lukaku at £2.40 or Abraham, Rashford & Mount after their ridiculous rises at the start of this season.

For everyone who goes up after you sell (you will probably never time the perfect exit) there's another who goes down after you don't sell.

So it's swings & roundabouts.

I've been in players multiple times, bought in low, sold on a spike. He's dropped again, I've bought in again & sold on the next spike.

I think I've done it 4 times with Coutinho alone!

• @Ericali The main point I was trying to make was simply don’t sell up because of some strict rule you have imposed on yourself if you see further growth ahead.

There seems to be a trend forming of ‘profit taking’ after every rise which simply doesn’t need to be done in most cases as for a lot of players there is plenty more growth ahead.

• This post is deleted!

• @Chris-J

I see your point. But, if you are setting target percentages and exit strategies, like I am, they are never strict or fixed. The target percentages for my short term holds would rarely change, and can be set quite easily. The target percentages for my medium and long term holds would be reevaluated every month or two, as many factors can change such as current market growth, market trends, player sentiment, and other things like has the player's position, role or responsibilities changed in the team etc.

• @Chris-J Buy players like Dabney Dos Santos, Joaquin Ardaiz and Ronaldo Viera. They are all cheap and you can easily buy 1500+ shares in them.
    Ardaiz is a young talented Uruguayan and Ronaldo Viera is young with potential.