Rockets everywhere

• He was impressive for me, looked lively throughout the game, thought Chong and Gomez put in good displays, Matic was very poor for a captain in a game of this ilk, with a couple of things going his way Rashford could have had 4.
    For Greenwood the future is very bright.

• @Feldy said in Rockets everywhere:

He was impressive for me, looked lively throughout the game, thought Chong and Gomez put in good displays, Matic was very poor for a captain in a game of this ilk, with a couple of things going his way Rashford could have had 4.
    For Greenwood the future is very bright.

Let’s not go overboard. Greenwood did ok but by his standards it wasn’t impressive. We know he will be a star but tonight proves nothing against such a weak opposition. Chong was really poor and Gomes did ok so I can only assume you hold all 3 which has skewed your opinion on the match- I’m always guilty of that as well. I hold greenwood and will hold for the duration of the 3 years. He is not a flash in the pan, so I’m not worried that he hasn’t shot up after this. He should win mb now until the weekend matches. He actually posted a decent pb score for what was an ok performance. Imagine when he plays well.

I also thought Matic did ok, saw no reason to single him out for criticism.

• @Feldy not seen much of Chong but if that was his good display, I'd hate to see a poor one.

• @MVViolaris At last someone who knows how to read the game.Thats how i see it.

• Chong didn't look physically strong enough yet - still work to be done.

Surprisingly, I thought I would be saying the same about Gomes, but I think he has grown in stature & apart from the flaky start where he gave the ball away a few times I thought he looked promising.

Greenwood looked lively & bagged the winner - didn't pull up any trees but got his first competitive goal & should be better for it.

Rashford looked lively & could have had 2-3 goals but again, his finishing was woeful.

• @Ericali said in Rockets everywhere:

Chong didn't look physically strong enough yet - still work to be done.

Surprisingly, I thought I would be saying the same about Gomes, but I think he has grown in stature & apart from the flaky start where he gave the ball away a few times I thought he looked promising.

Greenwood looked lively & bagged the winner - didn't pull up any trees but got his first competitive goal & should be better for it.

Rashford looked lively & could have had 2-3 goals but again, his finishing was woeful.

Pretty much my thoughts, chong is going to be a player when he develops a bit, Gomes could start as 10 now.

• @Ericali I see what you did there..... Greenwood didn't pull up any trees lmao

• @Ddr all in the detail 😉

• I was half expecting a crash. Still am.

You know the kind of crash that happens when a transfer goes through. People selling the reality. But... he grabbed all the headlines, so all eyes on him going forward.

• @Tom77 Chong needs to learn how to protect the ball he lost possesion countless times.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.