The footie down 400.

• @kristiang85 said in The footie down 400.:

Interestingly, looking at the historical footie, from September 1st to 19th 2018 the footie went up 2293.73 points, or a rise of 6.9%. Then it went up massively on the 21st - 3500 points in one day!

This year, from 1st to 19th September we've had a rise of 821.47 points, or 0.7%.

Ths % rise isn't as relevant as obviously the index is a lot bigger now (but it seems growth isn't exponential), but the lack of points growth in the same period of the season is quite worrying.

Hopefully it is people just stockpiling for an announcement after the 2018 experience.

The huge rise last September was due to a deposit bonus.

• @Allams-Out said in The footie down 400.:

@kristiang85 said in The footie down 400.:

Interestingly, looking at the historical footie, from September 1st to 19th 2018 the footie went up 2293.73 points, or a rise of 6.9%. Then it went up massively on the 21st - 3500 points in one day!

This year, from 1st to 19th September we've had a rise of 821.47 points, or 0.7%.

Ths % rise isn't as relevant as obviously the index is a lot bigger now (but it seems growth isn't exponential), but the lack of points growth in the same period of the season is quite worrying.

Hopefully it is people just stockpiling for an announcement after the 2018 experience.

Yes- hence why I mentioned that day separately.

Edit: Ah yes I wasn't clear .

• @kristiang85 said in The footie down 400.:

@Allams-Out said in The footie down 400.:

No worries.

I joined beginning of October last year, just after the deposit bonus. From what I remember the market was pretty flat at best.

Then they botched the introduction of G&A dividends, so by way of an apology, they had another deposit bonus end of October.

Market went a bit flat again until they announced the share split in January and we had good growth for a while. Then the split happened in March, another good bit of growth.

Then yet another deposit bonus, good growth yadda yadda yadda.

Think the market has been too used to big announcements. Best thing FI can do right now is say there will be no birthday deposit bonus and let the market settle to do its own thing.

• @Allams-Out said in The footie down 400.:

@Allams-Out said in The footie down 400.:

No worries.

I joined beginning of October last year, just after the deposit bonus. From what I remember the market was pretty flat at best.

Then they botched the introduction of G&A dividends, so by way of an apology, they had another deposit bonus end of October.

Market went a bit flat again until they announced the share split in January and we had good growth for a while. Then the split happened in March, another good bit of growth.

Then yet another deposit bonus, good growth yadda yadda yadda.

Think the market has been too used to big announcements. Best thing FI can do right now is say there will be no birthday deposit bonus and let the market settle to do its own thing.

Yeah I joined on 1st December (I think), and the talk was that it was the end of a very flat period. Though the worry was that when I joined, the Forum was pretty dead (about 5 active topics a day it seemed), whereas now everything is clearly booming - so why the flatness? I think the reasons will become clear and things will improve, but it is spooking many, which doesn't help the situation.

• @Allams-Out no birthday deposit bonus. Probably, they will do a Spooky Halloween bonus at the end of Oct instead 😁

• @Victory said in The footie down 400.:

@Allams-Out no birthday deposit bonus. Probably, they will do a Spooky Halloween bonus at the end of Oct instead 😁

Don't be silly!! Bonfire night 🚀💥🚀💥🚀💥🚀💥🚀💥

• @Martyn-B well, it all depends on how things will go next month. Footie is down 400pts on Friday, which is very strange. Do we have a new term "Friday sell-off"? If so every day can be a sell-off day.

Maybe a Spooky Halloween is coming.

@Martyn-B well, it all depends on how things will go next month. Footie is down 400pts on Friday, which is very strange. Do we have a new term "Friday sell-off"? If so every day can be a sell-off day.

Maybe a Spooky Halloween is coming.

Indeed, strange times. With the market as it is currently they might have to do a birthday, Halloween, Bonfire night, Christmas and New Year Bonus!!

Seriously though, I believe a majority of the -400 is due to cash being hoarded for a birthday announcement.

• @Martyn-B Are you sure that there will be a birthday announcement?

@Martyn-B Are you sure that there will be a birthday announcement?

A tweet saying "Happy birthday to us!" next to a selfie of Adam Cole in Barbados with a mojito.

• @Victory

I think there will be a cash drop, like others recently. Hoping for a MB or PB announcement but unlikely. Doesn't really matter what I think, matters what the market believes, and I believe that the market is waiting, and cash hoarding, for an announcement.

• @Martyn-B Makes sense! People are waiting, but a cash drop is terrible; that makes FI look like a lottery company. People will not wait anymore; they will quit, maybe.

• @Sol

Totally agree. Dividends must increase considerably to ensure longer term stability

• @Victory
    I really hope it isn't a deposit bonus, they are too volatile, too short term and artificially inflate the market. Also on a personal level I have invested all my money into FI recently to take advantage of falling prices and have no money for yet another deposit. If it did happen then I wouldn't participate but would likely see rises across my portfolio, at least in the short term.

Cash drop is a lottery, but also the most likely outcome. Cheap and cheerful for FI. Everyone has an equal chance of winning if they spend £10. I have not spent this week's dividends (£39) so that I am ready if this is the outcome.

I would prefer an increase to MB or PB dividends, or maybe even better, an announcement of a future increase which would allow a slow and steady build up to this dividend increase date. The top end of the market is stagnating and needs a dividend increase.

• @Victory since I joined nearly 3 years ago there have been periodic dry periods where everyone panics and thinks the market is slowing down and then it all picks up again every single time. The ones that's quit and take their money are the ones that are missing out.

• @Martyn-B Totally agree with on the MB/PB divs increase.

• @Stevo You cannot look at the past and say that the future will happen in the same way.

• My port has dropped continually from 22nd August with the exception of just one day when when I plus about £3. I keep waiting for the upturn, i.e season starting, players not moving and being patient with my futures. I have moved money around and reinvested to some success but then drops in Salah, Rashford, Pogba etc eat up any of the progress made. I have said previously I am not able to day trade and was attracted to the long term rather than flipping regularly. Like Mick Turbo, I am thinking of giving it until the end of October to see if things improve.

• @Victory take your money then? I believe in the product. If you dont that's fine but I have the benefit of 3 years worth of this happening. The market was booming in august so what's happened in 1 month to change that so much?

• I just checked my spreadsheet and I'm £80 (1% down) since 1st September. This will be my 10th month on FI and I don't think I've ever had a 2-week period down, so a month would be new ground. I do expect birthday clarification and payday to help me break even by the 30th though. I haven't got a bad port overnight, surely.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.