The footie down 400.

• @Sol if they keep doing deposit bonuses we might aswell just join the matched betting patrons on here and take the free money, 4 or 5 a year open numerous accounts and make a tidy sum

• @Sol You will not walk away with £10,700 post commission and post bonus slump unless you’re very patient and sell on spikes. Any deposit bonus will see unrivalled instant listing and withdrawals right now.
    The only sustainable way for the top end to regain its mojo is a div increase. And that’s coming from somebody who right now is more optimistic than a lot of the forum!

• @Timothee-Atouba ok, then £500 and that will be guaranteed after commission. £500 which will be removed immediately back to my bank. Surely FI want to you to hold money on the platform?

• @shilly said in The footie down 400.:

@Sol if they keep doing deposit bonuses we might aswell just join the matched betting patrons on here and take the free money, 4 or 5 a year open numerous accounts and make a tidy sum

I may very well end up doing that. The thought had crossed my mind over the last week 😉

• @janner73 said in The footie down 400.:

@Alpilgrim said in The footie down 400.:

It's a drop of about 0.003% unless my bleary eyed morning calculations are off. A drop of 400 is barely anything.

0.33%. It's (400/119776) * 100 to get it as a percentage.

Told you it was early! I stand corrected.

• @Sol I think you’re still being very ambitious personally. A lot of it depends on how early you get you’re ten grand in and spent. Make the most of the CA.

• I think it's a little bit incorrect to just say because the market has risen before it will automatically rise again. This is probably a little different as the market has doubled since last dividend increase but no increase to dividends. There is a saturation point where the dividend yield is not worth the risk of investment. It can't be infinite. It's not unreasonable to think we are close to that point if the market has doubled.

• I hope this graph provides some context, it includes today's footie, gaps are weekends and holidays.

0_1568996407496_upload-1bccc4cd-7714-4d93-9553-cb517300a3d0

• @Victory as I've said before, FI is a business so they will only increase their potential outgoings if it is likely to significantly increase their incomings. I agree that an increase in dividends would do that but I'm sure they have analysts and statisticians on board who will be advising and they will do that when they think its entirely necessary. Just because everyone gets on their shout box doesn't mean they will agree.

I appreciate I've probably seen the best times on the market having arrived quite early so I can easily preach for everyone to chill out but to leave, in my opinion would be daft unless you really need the money for somehting else.

• @Woody I have rearranged the portfolio a little but not specifically for ipd's. At one point, say a year ago my portfolio dropped about 10% in a matter of days and then it shot up way beyond that again in no time.

I obviously cant give any guarantees but in august I made about 8% profit, it was one of my best months ever on the index so I dont see how the market is suddenly a disaster in a matter of a month. By Christmas this will all be forgot about.

• Whether or not @Sol has got realistic figures I could not agree more with his point of view

• @MickTurbo said in The footie down 400.:

Whether or not @Sol has got realistic figures I could not agree more with his point of view

Thank you for backing me up my friend. 😊

• It’s not nice watching your money fade away with no reason & no sign of even a slight upturn.
    FI need to act fast because traders are giving it a 2nd & 3rd chance but will eventually get fed up, which is what is happening now to a small extent.

• @Sol it's exactly how I feel 👍

• @NewUser247217

Calm down!!!

• what will the footie be after the midnight today?

• -937!? 🤣💩

Well that's a wake up call to Adam Cole.

Let's see how they react ...

• We'll its going to be difficult to argue that the market is booming now....

0_1569193590101_upload-0b18bf3a-ffb3-4977-a7f0-f77be4f5471a

@johnboywalker ah! you beat me to it ya bugger!

• Isn’t this a sign to top-up after a downturn?

• @TeamGB i would say 100% yes fill your boots with pogba and hope neymar goes the same way for huge media dividend returns..but as far as pb is concerned im a bit worried with the way the big boys are going at the moment but like i said in another topic i hope its just a dip... the guys who have been on here 2 years more than me will know if its a annual thing or not im just on my knees praying haha

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.