The footie down 400.

• @TeamGB i would say 100% yes fill your boots with pogba and hope neymar goes the same way for huge media dividend returns..but as far as pb is concerned im a bit worried with the way the big boys are going at the moment but like i said in another topic i hope its just a dip... the guys who have been on here 2 years more than me will know if its a annual thing or not im just on my knees praying haha

• @Advinculas-Index ive never noticed that in the 3 months ive been on lol im guessing the left bit is how many users there are and the right in blue is how many have left the index?

• @Rob-E said in The footie down 400.:

@Advinculas-Index ive never noticed that in the 3 months ive been on lol im guessing the left bit is how many users there are and the right in blue is how many have left the index?

🤣🤣 jesus lad ... don't you know what the 'footie' is, or what it represents!?

Join the club 😉

All joking aside, it might be worth reading the 'all things football index' thread. It was created by all round good guy Misto, and is an excellent introduction to all you need to know!

• @Rob-E I’ve been on here for a year and seen lots of ups and downs. I think the big boys are panicking as there’s no value in their top end players at the moment because of the dividends payable. Majority of new users are making money at the low end of the market though. I’ve readjusted my strategy and am up 35% since the start of the season by only buying players under £2. I sold players like Sterling as I just couldn’t see a worthwhile rise at £5+. I know there’s dividends flowing in with that type of player but saw capital appreciation in cheap players, especially at the Red Bull teams as far more lucrative. I think there’s still a lot of money being made at the lower end of the market, but the overall market is showing as down as the top 20 players are decreasing in value and that’s where most of the funds are held.

• I think it will take another month or so for it to be back to normal as lot of people spent fortune on summer holidays, lot of people likely took it on their credit cards so I’m sure they’ll worry more about getting their bills paid before putting money back into the index as let’s be honest I would imagine around 50% of traders are traders with portfolio of £1000 or less and quite lot will live from payday to payday. I personally know few traders who use FI as a savings account who only have their savings in it and once they need the money they will lift it all out and won’t put ba knin untill they get any money saved up.

And let’s not forget that Xmas is just around the corner.

• Christ -900. Some sort of announcement incoming. Why would this happen on a Sunday, huge drop? Smug I’ve made 1% today after seeing that. What a tosser!

• @Sol the words right out of my mouth. I'm withdrawing cash now and will continue. Like they say it's not profit until it's in your bank and when the fun stops stop. The culture of FI is changing. It's aggressive, confrontational, I don't want that in a lesuire product.

• @TeamGB When is the "after"?

• Was discussing with some other forum members about the drop. This time last time it was booming. Having said that, there were huge amounts of money put in over the summer for the deposit bonus’, and many ppl held on till the start of the new season to catch the boom. Now perhaps we are seeing this money taken out.
    It’s been mentioned before, but last November/early December there was massive sustained drops almost every day. Worse than this and then out of nowhere it kicked into gear and then went nuts after Xmas. So I’m just putting it down to a exhale in the market. Still, it’s never nice seeing money bleed from the port and eventually FI will have to invigorate the top end players with a dividend increase. It’s just a matter of when. Which is anyone’s guess.

• @TeamGB said in The footie down 400.: I sold players like Sterling as I just couldn’t see a worthwhile rise at £5+. I know there’s dividends flowing in with that type of player but saw capital appreciation in cheap players,

So after constant messages from yourself of how “the greedy moaners are out in force” etc. etc.
    how do you justify this type of statement, particularly after a significant market drop?
    I’m in decent profit recently too but I haven’t been accusing anybody concerned about the market of greed and/or poor trading.
    So now may be a good time to explain why you think the dividends that should be underpinning the market are being ignored?

• @johnboywalker said in The footie down 400.:

-937!? 🤣💩

Well that's a wake up call to Adam Cole.

Let's see how they react ...

I've never kept track of the numbers but doesn't this place always take a dive on Sunday/Monday?With increasingly more users following the herd, this is likely to be more pronounced.

Is there anywhere to view the footies progress/decline week on week? E.g what it was last Monday, the Monday before.

• @Timothee-Atouba I don’t need to explain anything about my trading strategy or anything else. No idea why you are trawling through comments. Are you a journalist?! 🤣

• @Advinculas-Index

Thanks for that: a very interesting read.

So month on month its not declined; we've stayed pretty much the same. Based on 2 months back to now it's up, 3 months back to now it's up, 4 months back to now it's up etc.

• @Alpilgrim said in The footie down 400.:

@Advinculas-Index

Thanks for that: a very interesting read.

So month on month its not declined; we've stayed pretty much the same. Based on 2 months back to now it's up, 3 months back to now it's up, 4 months back to now it's up etc.

Its always good to look at this graph to gain some perspective.

• @Advinculas-Index said in The footie down 400.:

Its always good to look at this graph to gain some perspective.

So true.
    I purposely stayed off the forum most of yesterday because it has become such a depressing place to be this past week. Forget a timeout from FI, I think a timeout from the forum would do some people some good and a chance to get some perspective.

Yes it's been a rough week - but having spent my time yesterday watching the market instead of being on the forum I can see a lot more logic to the way the market is acting than perhaps I thought there was.

• I have been on for just over a year and this week saw my biggest drop (about 2%) on 10k port.I have only had 8 weeks in Red since I started and 4 have been in the last 5 weeks.I think people are just changing the way they are investing probably more gambling than investment now.

I was drawn to this because of the investment side so if it continues like this I may withdraw some and play with profit until I see what develops.Still think F.I. is a great platform I guess whatever they do will upset some.

• @Hat1988 Yes, this is a great product with potentially mainstream, worldwide appeal.
    It’s just uncertainty about the direction of the index that has caused the recent turbulence.
    I think it’s in their interest to do something that clearly signals their primary direction.

• @janner73 I have to say I do rather spent my weekend watching sport rather than reading every post on the forum.

Besides that, I think it is fair to say that I wouldn't be the only one who would love to know, if you were willing to share your observations on the market and the current logic. Obviously if you want to keep that edge fair enough

• @Antierror Having had time to think I don't think there's anything that surprising - particularly in the top 200. The risers list is full of players who posted good PB scores - many for the 2nd or 3rd time this season (Insigne almost a 2nd win, Berardi now 2 very good scores, Alberto a 2nd win) , players who have been getting a lot of goals/assists (Sabitzer, Pellegrini) with a few youngsters impressing with game time (Saka, Odegaard).

The fallers in the top 200 mainly make sense too - I guess Joan Jordan maybe slightly confusing but I think there's a worry that he's always being subbed which will ultimately limit his PB wins.

It's the squad where trading gets interested - the flipping on goals is truly incredibly but it also became very clear to me that traders who play in that end of the market are using goals to refresh IPD eligibility. The rise and then fall after goals was what confused me before and how were people making money. It's basically people buying an existing IPD hold on a goal to get new IPD eligible shares and then selling their old shares at the top. Anyone after a goal is almost always going to get stung by existing holders offloading old shares. Net result is at the end of the day the price is often lower than before the goal was scored, IPD holders have refreshed their 30 days at with no profit/loss leaving some poor traders ISing at a loss and a net result of a lower price - particularly older players. Younger players, unsurprisingly, are holding their value better after scoring

Those trading in the bottom end are trading perfectly rationally and continually refreshing IPD eligibility at effectively no cost while no doubt leaving some, probably newer traders, stung.

In order to refresh like this traders are carrying large cash balances which I have to assume is coming from releasing funds in the big MB boys which is why we are seeing the drops there.

There is a lot of self-fulfilling buying just because others will as well. Watching Pablo Fornals rise from £1.08 to £1.14 just because he got a start was a little funny. Although I guess in starting he had a chance of winning IPDs that he hasn't had much of a chance of so far this season.

IPDs are definitely a very strong driver, but it was insightful to watch in action. But PB is definitely driving the market too - players even looking like posting a decent PB score will rise around half-time in anticipation.

I've decided to trade a little more actively now to take advantage. For example I've held Kluivert a while and IS'd him as soon as he was subbed yesterday as I could see he was gonna take a drop and will now buy back in at a lower price than the price I sold at.

Whether that's helpful or not, or anything that people didn't already know, I'm not sure but it certainly helped me and until the market stabilises I will be trading in and out of players a lot more now whilst still holding my premium players that I absolutely believe will recover in the long-term - although at this point I am clear that it will take a div increase to do it.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.