What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players

• @Black-wolf said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Chris-J m biggest wirry with a deposit bonus is that it blows up in their face when all the people that have been worrying about losing profit for the last few weeks see it as an opportunity to market sell their portfolios and leave FI. If you want to win you have to sell up one day and i wouldnt be surprised with the number of concerned traders that a deposit bonus opens that door for them. IMO with the current market a deposit bonus could turn out to be the worst thing they could do

Just playing devils advocate here, but would that be so bad for FI?

It would get rid of a lot of the "old guard" (of which I class myself as one) who invest in what were solid players and just sit on them, reaping the dividends. FI actually lose money to traders like us, because we give them little or no commission.

And it's people like us who are suffering now, and also outwardly bemoaning on here and Twitter the fact that FI has changed and not in our favour. This isn't good for FI.

I'm being open and honest about my own position and also looking at it from FIs point of view. I think the index has changed for good - it is still a fantastic platform and very exciting for the day trader/gambler (of whom more and more are being drawn in by the clearly successful marketing campaign). So FI would be foolish to alter the dividend structure - that would cost them a lot of money and no gambling company wants that!

I remember something about FI employing some former Ladbrokes/Coral whatever execs early in the year or last year - since then, combined with the influx of new type of trader, it's clear the direction fI are going.
    The new execs are clearly going to exert their influence and experience, and I'm certain they'll put the block on any dividend increase - they want rid of the long-term investor.
    Look at the advertising campaign and the Talksport radio slots - dividends, one of the most fundamental aspects of any "investment", is barely mentioned. It's almost like it is intentionally being glossed over.
    Many people signing up now probably just think they can get cap app if their players do well and not lose their "bet" if they don't. And that is it.

I hope I'm completely wrong but I don't think the current pattern on FI is part of a cycle - it's the result of an orchestrated move by FI to increase revenue, increase volatility/excitement for their new type of punter, and ultimately evolve the product into something that appeals to the wider population. The long-term investors days are numbered, sadly.
    So we either completely change our philosophy and try and erase the "glory days" from our memory, or we sell up with the nice profit we hopefully still have and wish all the new and remaining traders the best of luck.

• I am THE Bruno Xadas and one day I will be the King of the index!!! πŸ‘‘

• @ScouseSte said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Black-wolf said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Chris-J m biggest wirry with a deposit bonus is that it blows up in their face when all the people that have been worrying about losing profit for the last few weeks see it as an opportunity to market sell their portfolios and leave FI. If you want to win you have to sell up one day and i wouldnt be surprised with the number of concerned traders that a deposit bonus opens that door for them. IMO with the current market a deposit bonus could turn out to be the worst thing they could do

It would get rid of a lot of the "old guard" (of which I class myself as one) who invest in what were solid players and just sit on them, reaping the dividends. FI actually lose money to traders like us, because we give them little or no commission.

And it's people like us who are suffering now, and also outwardly bemoaning on here and Twitter the fact that FI has changed and not in our favour. This isn't good for FI.

I'm being open and honest about my own position and also looking at it from FIs point of view. I think the index has changed for good - it is still a fantastic platform and very exciting for the day trader/gambler (of whom more and more are being drawn in by the clearly successful marketing campaign). So FI would be foolish to alter the dividend structure - that would cost them a lot of money and no gambling company wants that!

I remember something about FI employing some former Ladbrokes/Coral whatever execs early in the year or last year - since then, combined with the influx of new type of trader, it's clear the direction fI are going.
    The new execs are clearly going to exert their influence and experience, and I'm certain they'll put the block on any dividend increase - they want rid of the long-term investor.
    Look at the advertising campaign and the Talksport radio slots - dividends, one of the most fundamental aspects of any "investment", is barely mentioned. It's almost like it is intentionally being glossed over.
    Many people signing up now probably just think they can get cap app if their players do well and not lose their "bet" if they don't. And that is it.

I hope I'm completely wrong but I don't think the current pattern on FI is part of a cycle - it's the result of an orchestrated move by FI to increase revenue, increase volatility/excitement for their new type of punter, and ultimately evolve the product into something that appeals to the wider population. The long-term investors days are numbered, sadly.
    So we either completely change our philosophy and try and erase the "glory days" from our memory, or we sell up with the nice profit we hopefully still have and wish all the new and remaining traders the best of luck.

Yet their tweet today is reminding everyone of the bread and butter of the index with a treble match day highlighting dividends.........................

• @Tom77 said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@ScouseSte said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Black-wolf said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

Yet their tweet today is reminding everyone of the bread and butter of the index with a treble match day highlighting dividends.........................

Wow. A tweet.

Well that will solve it! 😐

• @Tom77 said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@ScouseSte said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

Indeed. And if FI want to peddle their "game changed" mantra then going the way of traditional gambling isn't in line with that.

• @Tom77

Sorry Tom I was a bit flippant there.
    But seriously, and tweet about divs on THE SAME GAMEDAY?
    That again is encouraging short term trading is it not?
    Buy now quick before 2pm!!! Sell some players who aren't playing today if you have to!!

• @ScouseSte said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Tom77 said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

Wow. A tweet.

Well that will solve it! 😐

Considering they have 41k followers its not a bad place to remind people about dividends.

Or are you just trying to find faults because it certainly is coming across that way.

@Tom77

Buy now quick before 2pm!!! Sell some players who aren't playing today if you have to!!

I don't think it is, people can do what what they like, it doesn't encourage me to short term trade.

@Tom77

I don't think it is, people can do what what they like, it doesn't encourage me to short term trade.

But it WILL remind others or inspire the gambler in them to get involved.
    But that's beside the point. The point is, earning dividends (which was FIs unique selling point) is not mentioned in advertising or in many of the radio broadcasts.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they reduced them in a year or two and increased IPDs

• @ScouseSte it would act like a reset button though. Yes it would remove a lot of long term holders but all those players prices are held up on long term holdings so it would cause an avalanche. Short term traders would also be left holding players significantly in the red so in essence could also force them to walk away. They would have to rely solely on new members coming in and buying up players at rock bottom prices so essentially it would be like starting all over again. Good for new members but disastrous for nearly every current member

• Just sat down , anything announced?

• Nothing - I've spent my cash, bought 1,000 Sane, 1,000 Ibrahimovic, topped up another 500 Mata, 500 Hamsik & another 1,000 Ajeti.

Money well spent. πŸ’°

• @Ericali I just topped up ibra too as I think ud triggered somebody's exit price and he was down a couple pence! Bought some Cazorla too as he's dropped to 60p from 70p and a nice little goal ipd bonus to kick start.

• @Ericali no messing about!

• @Vespasian32 I've got 2,000 of Ibra now at average of 34p
    0_1569092238605_Screenshot_20190921-195642.png

He's now 36p, but I'm predicting this guy is another Kolarov - by November time he's between 60-70p once he's linked with Europe.

God forbid he's linked with Manchester United on a 6 month deal & he's £1+! 😁

The earlier you move the more profit you receive. πŸ’°

• @Ericali haha weather cold there mate? Or just a naturally tiny penis... I have 2500 @ 33p ☺ πŸš€ πŸ•Ί πŸŽ‰ πŸ’·

0_1569092567840__20190921_200201.JPG

• @Vespasian32 let’s say he came to Europe got to 70 p (6p spread) would you look to market sell 2,500 or instant sell? Always been curious with large holdings

• @Vespasian32 🀣🀣

I need Mata to score tomorrow or Brewster to score next week & my account will be replenished by £3- 4.5k so I can buy a some more.... 😁

• @Collymore10 said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@Vespasian32 let’s say he came to Europe got to 70 p (6p spread) would you look to market sell 2,500 or instant sell? Always been curious with large holdings

Personally I'd just IS. πŸ‘Œ

How about you @Vespasian32

• @Ericali πŸ‘

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.