What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players

• @TeamGB I feel it has a good few years of expansion yet.

I think what we are seeing now (and have seen before) is what FI will be like when the market is flooded and it becomes a more traditional gambling site rather than the pyramid thing we are seeing with big profits now.

They will be working with Nasdaq behind the scenes to get the tech absolutely perfect and I also think they will release into new countries but only once the new tech is up and running.

I am not in the least bit concerned at how FI is now, it is just a correction.

I also think most of the fear is being driven by older investors who are used to big profits and not liking having to work for their money :p

• @TeamGB
    But then don't listen to me, as @Vespasian32 says, I have never and will never talk sense.

• @MrWh1te said in What odds of a birthday deposit bonus and/or a dividend increase when MB opens up to squad players:

@TeamGB I feel it has a good few years of expansion yet.

I think what we are seeing now (and have seen before) is what FI will be like when the market is flooded and it becomes a more traditional gambling site rather than the pyramid thing we are seeing with big profits now.

They will be working with Nasdaq behind the scenes to get the tech absolutely perfect and I also think they will release into new countries but only once the new tech is up and running.

I am not in the least bit concerned at how FI is now, it is just a correction.

I also think most of the fear is being driven by older investors who are used to big profits and not liking having to work for their money :p

I think its the opposite, new investors excepting big profits immediately. Older investors are quite happy to tick along earning 20-30% a year.
    Not every old investor made huge gains, waters were very very choppy even only 18months ago. There is always a drama with FI!.

• @Tom77 To clarify, by older I mean 6-8 months minimum, not the early day investors.

Players like me for instance, started in Jan, I now consider myself an 'older investor' in that I have seen peaks, dips and cycles.

I think what we are seeing now is a huge influx of new investors. With new investors we always seem to see them go through a transition where they chase quick profits (like a traditional gambler would) which is happening now, and this will even out once they start to understand FI more.

I think it is compounded by older investors in 2 ways.

1. Trying to take advantage of the new guys, for instance buying players 2 or 3 weeks in advance and selling up on game day when the players get all the natural rises (this has always happened, think Monday sell off) but now it is worse and we are seeing it mid-game) and
    2. Older investors panic'ing at this trend and pulling money out of the top guys (as well as those pulling out because no div increase).

I also think we are seeing quite a lot of people pulling out own money and playing with just profits (which is something I want to do but not at this point, the market is too low for me).

It is a perfect storm atm and I think FI are doing the right thing by letting the market correct itself. I have faith they will raise divs when the business time is right.

Our profits don't count on other investors long term (they do, we need others to lose for us to win) but they DO count on FI getting the business right, or else we all lose everything.

• I started in 2017. I think it's time to remove all my original stake and adapt to the new age playing with the profit. I was a long term holder of large quantities of top 20 players and whilst i made 10k in August i've lost 5k subsequent to the trading methods in September.

I've seen Pogba come and go and got out with @Ericali around the 8 pound mark. I now see Kai Havertz taking a shoeing which i always considered a safe hold based on his future. I think this old dog needs some new tricks!

• @Ellisandro what's your exit plan... Wait for market sell or big bang? When you withdraw your warchest you become another potential pogba buyer just waiting for his new contract ☺ good luck

• I think every platform adapts and where as say 2 years ago someone with a 250k port was probably a significant part of the overall index, 250k now is probably short change compared to the total invested so the "big investors" have less sway now.

I joined in Nov 18 and the footie was around 44k if I remember rightly. It's now almost triple that. I expect the footie will reach 200k in the next 6-8 months.

Whilst it does seem to have taken a fantasy football type element, good investments will still grow. Young players still appear to be king if you want big cap app. Look at Haland in this last week or 2. People probably initially bought into Haland as a long term hold expecting a big move one day...now his price has rocketed those people have a decision...do you sell now and take a significant profit...or do you stick to the long game on Haland. The hype on him will die down when Salzburg are out of Europe but that big move may still happen...so do you stick or twist?

I bought Oshimen just before the season started as I expected him to play and he would be in Europe. He got off to a flyer and now I'm +90% on him. So I have a decision to make on him.

• @Ellisandro Havertz tentatively linked with Man U this morning. Pretty sure Bayern will be his next destination though.
    I hold a few hundred myself and will be holding till next summer at least with the Euros and potential transfer ahead.
    In fairness though he’s started the season pretty poorly so the drop isn’t unexpected.

• @Vespasian32 I think i’ll dump the lot into Market Sell on Monday and just keep my Cap Add players and a few favourites.

• @Gregolocky I think the sale of Brandt has clearly had an effect on BL so far. I suspected Havertz would have more attention as a result of his form last season as well and expected them to dip in form...

Oh decisions decisions.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.