FI on Wikipedia

• I never thought about looking there when I was researching the company a year ago. Highlights:
    Owners: Fame Ventures
    Users: 100K in January 2018
    2018/19 season (March): £200m traded
    Portfolios: From £10 to £1m

I wonder if one of the £1m traders has sold up recently? That may account for the big drop in the last few weeks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Index

• Has the don left?

• @Collymore10 said in FI on Wikipedia:

Has the don left?

No, still here 👍😎

• @Ericali 🤣

• @Collymore10 I don't think he has, probably sulking after he got a hard time on twitter, even if he did leave his players would only drop by 1 or 2p max as he doesn't hold a lot of shares in any 1 player, his average hold looks to be about 400.

• We have had a 800k cash out before. It wasn't this bad, just a bear market. Fast gains, come with fast drops. Just depends on your risk appetite if you hang on.

• Traders have been asking for a dividend increase to help arrest the recent bear market. The dividend increase we had in March along with the share split was only the second time there had been an increase since the inception of FI (someone correct if I'm wrong, please). Adam Cole emphatically said no about another dividend increase in his last twitter session with traders.

But this Wikipedia article mentioned that FI started with the footie being 1000 points. It is now at 119,776 points, that alone means that FI has grown by more than 100 times. So really, FI should be sharing more of their success with their traders.

• @NallyCat when he posts his dividends dailly ive noticed hes got 1500 shares in the likes of griezmann etc he has a fair amount in a few players...im sure he gets £40 if one of his players wins MB

• I had a look at their seedrs bio from their 1st 2 rounds of funding and it was interesting reading.

Their biggest risk is liquidity as they provide the opportunity to instant sell. However, they can manage that in the event of a massive sell off and I am sure they are not obliged to buy your bet back.

The biggest revenue earner is the sale of futures wen demand outstrips supply. Therefore, as the top 200 keeps dropping this is costing them revenue as they would rather issue new futures in Neymar than some 50p nobody.

Therefore it is in their interests to keep the top of the market attractive and it looks like the recent marketing campaign has attracted "lower end gamblers" who are more attracted to quick wins by IPD.

What I can't understand is that you are buying a 3 year bet and people are more attracted to pumping cash into the likes of Greenwood and Haland in the hope 1 of them becomes the next world star. However, it is more certain over that 3 year period that FI will increase dividends or incentivize the top of the market which will improve prices. I know which I would rather bet on.

https://www.seedrs.com/football-index

• @Londoner said in FI on Wikipedia:

Traders have been asking for a dividend increase to help arrest the recent bear market. The dividend increase we had in March along with the share split was only the second time there had been an increase since the inception of FI (someone correct if I'm wrong, please). Adam Cole emphatically said no about another dividend increase in his last twitter session with traders.

. So really, FI should be sharing more of their success with their traders.

Im over 60% up in 9 months. How much more would you like?

Or are we just used to being greedy?

• @Zidave said in FI on Wikipedia:

The biggest revenue earner is the sale of futures wen demand outstrips supply. Therefore, as the top 200 keeps dropping this is costing them revenue as they would rather issue new futures in Neymar than some 50p nobody.

This statement is largely incorrect too. People tend to buy in money, not shares.

I mean they aren't choosing to buy either 100 neymars or 100 50p player, they are looking to spend £100 which will all go on the one player. The net spend is the same to FI.

• @MrWh1te said in FI on Wikipedia:

@Zidave said in FI on Wikipedia:

This statement is largely incorrect too. People tend to buy in money, not shares.

I mean they aren't choosing to buy either 100 neymars or 100 50p player, they are looking to spend £100 which will all go on the one player. The net spend is the same to FI.

But more people buy Neymar than a 50p nobody hence the price differential. I was talking about the market as a whole rather than 1 individual.

Traders have been asking for a dividend increase to help arrest the recent bear market. The dividend increase we had in March along with the share split was only the second time there had been an increase since the inception of FI (someone correct if I'm wrong, please). Adam Cole emphatically said no about another dividend increase in his last twitter session with traders.

But this Wikipedia article mentioned that FI started with the footie being 1000 points. It is now at 119,776 points, that alone means that FI has grown by more than 100 times. So really, FI should be sharing more of their success with their traders.

Pb has been increased before after it came in, they doubled it.
    0_1569048435027_42DAB61D-7882-4D02-B0EE-F09CFA6EFA00.jpeg

• @Zidave It works the same way in the whole market.

If there is say, £500,000 being invested in the market, that £500,000 goes in regardless of which player it is.

@Zidave said in FI on Wikipedia:

I buy in shares. All by the 1000 basically. Better way of managing risk. And if I did money I'd have to have like 50,000 ibras to compete with my 1000 neymar. Buying in large volume on cheap players skews their value too much you are likely to give everyone else the opportunity to sell, leaving you with a massive pile of shit.

Remember you are playing quite low investment game so completely different strat than people with big investment.

Ive said before, if it ends up with the value leaving the top end and it becomes all about flipping 50p players...im happy to do it... But I don't need 35k to do that, I'd need a few grand tops. (because I don't want loads of shares in a cheap players cos it moves their price too much)

‘’We have significantly increased dividends in the last few months, so not planning to add any more at this stage. Sorry. ‘’. (May2019)

That’s adam cole’s quote from twitter, I wouldn't say that’s an emphatic no.
    FI have to be very coy about what they said as any slight hint of anything sends the market mad with ‘prediction’ buying.

• The platform is still booming. I don't want to increase dividends if they are dicing with the entire future of the index just to please a few.

They will increase dividends when it is safe & financially viable to do so.

Next season is my guess.

I don't want football index to risk going bust by taking a gamble with my money.

• @Ericali neymar and pogba etc are their premium product and at the moment no one is buying them from FI.

Sounds like a lot of people on the brink of leaving or reducing their port... That's gotta be the bigger risk to them right now.

@Zidave It works the same way in the whole market.

If there is say, £500,000 being invested in the market, that £500,000 goes in regardless of which player it is.

But there isn't the 500k being invested in the market currently is there? There is a lack of confidence in those players. If I want Neymar but feel he is not value it doesn't mean I am going to pile into some piece of shit 50p player just for the hell of it. That's my point.

• @Vespasian32 the footie is generally up - it doesn't matter if people spend £50 on Neymar or £50 on Joe Bloggs...

It's the same money entering the platform.

Those who are complaining are like kids who throw their dummy out the pram when they don't get their way.

Football index don't have influence over the market, they don't dictate prices. It's US the punters that do.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.