I can’t believe how naive people are!!!

• All this complaining....

Do people not understand how this works:

Money Out = Money In less what footballindex takes

So unless footballindex index adds money (which wouldn’t last long) the odds are against most people getting all there money back.

• It’s basically down to pure greed which I’ve said on here before. As people aren’t seeing the market booming every single day, there are certain new types of punters that have the interest and attention span of the guy you’ll see on the fixed odds terminals in a bookies. The savvy punter on here will see the overall trend is still on the up and rise this out as we’ve always done. People have moaned numerous times since I’ve been on here a year ago and the market still increases. Currently up 120% on my initial £5,000.

• @TeamGB

Agreed ... at the end of the day everyone’s winnings comes from somewhere... other people’s deposits.

I’m up 15k... if I withdraw someone or multiple people will lose 15k, maybe not today but eventually

• @TeamGB 👌 bang on. Win some you lose some, if you are chasing quick flips all the time your asking for trouble

• @TeamGB said in I can’t believe how naive people are!!!:

It’s basically down to pure greed which I’ve said on here before. As people and seeing the market booming every single day, there are certain new types of punters that have the interest and attention span of the guy you’ll see on the fixed odds terminals in a bookies. The savvy punter on here will see the overall trend is still on the up and rise this out as we’ve always done. People have moaned numerous times since I’ve been on here a year ago and the market still increases. Currently up 120% on my initial £5,000.

Thank god some people have some common sense.

• I am THE Bruno Xadas and one day I will be the King of the index!!! 👑

• @TeamGB I accept your overriding point, but.
    The savvy punter will in fact realise that the potential for winnings must be sufficient enough to invest more capital. As yields have markedly reduced in recent times question marks will begin to appear. A year ago we had a market one third the size and in that time the core product dividends have increased sub 20%. The savvy punter doesn’t rely on old glories and think “ I’m 20k up so I could lose 5k and still be doing well”. What’s been made has gone.
    Don’t assume for a second I’m negative about the future of the product, I’m not going to be pulling the plug as it stands at present. I know it can’t be a never ending cash machine. One thing I’m convinced of though is that it’s plainly obvious the core dividends need increasing to uphold that side of the market and I sort of trust FI to do the right thing and if an increase isn’t financially viable then unfortunately it could become a case of who blinks first.

• @Timothee-Atouba This I agree with if we take the footieindex as a metric of growth for FI. 28% div increase for 300% growth of FI since beginning of last season is pretty poor.
    If AC really wants to make this platform enticing for the big investors (whales), then dividends must be in line of growth of platform.
    One day in the far future when growth plateaus out then dividends will stabilise

• @Timothee-Atouba said in I can’t believe how naive people are!!!:

@TeamGB I accept your overriding point, but.
    The savvy punter will in fact realise that the potential for winnings must be sufficient enough to invest more capital. As yields have markedly reduced in recent times question marks will begin to appear. A year ago we had a market one third the size and in that time the core product dividends have increased sub 20%. The savvy punter doesn’t rely on old glories and think “ I’m 20k up so I could lose 5k and still be doing well”. What’s been made has gone.
    Don’t assume for a second I’m negative about the future of the product, I’m not going to be pulling the plug as it stands at present. I know it can’t be a never ending cash machine. One thing I’m convinced of though is that it’s plainly obvious the core dividends need increasing to uphold that side of the market and I sort of trust FI to do the right thing and if an increase isn’t financially viable then unfortunately it could become a case of who blinks first.

Yeh my thoughts exactly. I still believe in product, I'm not panic selling... But can only ride dips for so long before reducing risk. People say they've been through dips before and then risen. But pretty sure every rise after a dip has been triggered by an announcement/bonus of some sort. So we are in a dip and people want a div increase... Natural. Few martyrs around here foolishly offsetting losses on previous wins pretending they don't also want a div increase

• @Vespasian32 said in I can’t believe how naive people are!!!:

Few martyrs around here foolishly offsetting losses on previous wins pretending they don't also want a div increase

I don't think anybody doesn't want a div increase - I know I certainly do and I believe one will just not sure when. FI wont see a stagnant or falling market at the moment - they will see a rising FOOTIE 9 days out of 10 and that's why Im not worried - there is still plenty of money in the market and whether tomorrow, next week or next month I'm 100% certain it will come back to reliable dividend earners at some point.

• @Bruno-Xadas very constructive

• @janner73 The FOOTIE is just under 200 down since last Friday morning (I have a screen shot from then) which is absolutely neither here nor there. But the way in which the market’s stagnated this time feels different to previously. Also, as mentioned by @Vespasian32 the market usually needs an artificial spark to take off again and restore trader confidence, so I expect they will do something before long. So to my mind why not make it a nice organic dividend rise? I do think there are some people around that think a div rise only benefits the trader, but it should benefit everybody given the high confidence and new buying it would bring.

• @janner73 agree with this. No one doesn't want a div increase, however there's disagreements on when this should be.

Everyone is free to voice concerns, however there's a lot of people threatening to take money out, without us having any forum users telling us they have actually done that. This will make potentially new investors not bother with FI, or other users withdraw. I would rather hear people say they have pulled their investment from the index or reduced their portfolio and have a decent conversation about their reasons, rather than 'I might do' affecting the market.

I will show concern if we get a week of the footie staying level/decreasing, or a couple of days of large drops, but for now my portfolio is 2% down in a week and I can attribute a large section of that to a certain Paul Labile Pogba. Can totally understand people saying it's not fun anymore for them and that is a valid reason for leaving, but the market making no sense just isn't true

• Anyone else of the opinion that the only difference from previous dips/stagnation of the market is the sheer volume traders now compared to previously.
    More people are worried and that in turn spreads, it then becomes easier for others to vent their frustration.
    Just a thought

• @Moukoko

Yeah spot on.

The constant sulking from some users is becoming tiresome and shows a lack of maturity.

Some of us on here are hairy arsed men, with families and commitments. Let's stop behaving like a 16 year old getting pumped at FIFA.

If you play the game, be prepared to lose.

Don't threaten to leave, just leave.

Stop playing the victim.

Don't blame the index, blame yourself.

If you are losing money, reassess your position and adapt.

Oh, and have a nice weekend. 😉👍

• @Sol

Hey mate, the above message is worth a read ... 🤔😉

• @janner73 said in I can’t believe how naive people are!!!:

@Vespasian32 said in I can’t believe how naive people are!!!:

Few martyrs around here foolishly offsetting losses on previous wins pretending they don't also want a div increase

I don't think anybody doesn't want a div increase - I know I certainly do and I believe one will just not sure when. FI wont see a stagnant or falling market at the moment - they will see a rising FOOTIE 9 days out of 10 and that's why Im not worried - there is still plenty of money in the market and whether tomorrow, next week or next month I'm 100% certain it will come back to reliable dividend earners at some point.

That's not true. In the last 10 days it has dropped on 5 days, and in that time has only risen 82 points. So far in September it has dropped 9 times in 20 days.

https://indexgain.co.uk/buzzpro/price-timeseries-charts/

• @kristiang85 I stand corrected. My overall generally positive view doesn't change though - it's still up from 1st September so there is more money in the market now than there was at the beginning of the month.

• People keep talking about the market making no sense but actually in reflection of prices I think it's pretty much where it should be for most players based on performance and returns plus the fact smaller priced players are actually performing and winning divs. Yes some are over inflated but some people are buying players based on the future too such as Greenwood for example. The index is flying just not in areas experienced traders want.

I've seen many a time experienced traders say patience is key yet because FI haven't announced a div increase there the ones crying and moaning and threatening to leave. Be patient in the fact a div increase will happen in due course but I guess also FI need to be sure the money entering the market, stays because a div increase obviously comes with added risk for them but is obviously great for the trader.

One last thing. I guarantee all those moaning hold Pogba and before didn't mind because hes winning divs but 3-4 weeks later it's been a bit quiet for him, not been playing so you can see why the market has reacted this way towards him. I guarantee people who don't hold everytime they look at him think "God look at his price" probably thinking about jumping in but need to trust he will return divs again and see how he performs P.s. I do hold him before people react and yes it's annoying but i know a div increase will come and he will be in the media again in no time.

• @Stevo tbf if I was on £11k with a £5k investment I don't think Pogba dropping would worry me either. Which seems to have started todays moan list

There's more short-term holding than ever, and sales after goals which was rarer before now. Needs to settle a bit.

BTW well played GB. Nice return

Looks like your connection to Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.